As usual, please do not mirror these files

And the new version of Sixth Sense:

As usual, make sure you read the readme.txt

V1.6RC3

- IMPROVED: Detonation caused by damage

- IMPROVED: Roadside Proximity IEDs placement

- IMPROVED: Detector vehicles

- IMPROVED: Proximity detection and behavior

- IMPROVED: Triggerman Spawn (via Trigger)

Kremator, Spectre and everyone else who has been using this script or just testing it: make sure you read the readme for reference, some parameters have changed in the syntax!

Edited by Reezo

Thanks mate door the release. About to go to work but will test it later on, and see how she runs :)

@Kremator: good, yes I will increase the "roadside" factor rather than "Fudge Browny in plain sight"

This Ambient ProxyIEDs script behaves like Ambient Combat (may I be forgiven for comparing the two lol but still that is the idea) so it is no good for scattering stuff around. It is a fire-n-forget dynamic generator in its entirety (might have created new words that do not exist in regular English, sorry :)).

For scattering, some kind of new script could be created. It is not that hard to do, could be a IEDdetect_proxyIEDscatter.sqf

You and your (great) ideas! Stooop ;)

image.php?u=66824&dateline=1297536501@Acelondoner: Grab this file here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b60650n36ujlt1f

and replace the the two .sqf files with the ones from the archive above. Please let me know if this works for you, I think your request for MPrespawn should work now. Sorry if I make you an automated-volunteer for testing it :)

This doesn't work unfortunatly. When I respawned, the I lost my detecting abilities.

Also just thought that I'd let you know that when an IED goes off, an error pops up (showscript errors is on) saying about an error on line 51 in IEDdetect_proximity.sqf. It stays on screen all the time and never dissapears.

Edited by Guest

Awesome, will look into it, thanks!

Does it happen with the latest version, too?

Edited by Reezo

I always pull the new script folder and add it to my mission and firstly test on a local host. If this works I then pbo it up and put it onto my dedi to check how it goes in MP.

Of course I have to change some of the dialogs so that there are no double conflicts but with this I can do a pretty fast turn around in testing.

I always pull the new script folder and add it to my mission and firstly test on a local host. If this works I then pbo it up and put it onto my dedi to check how it goes in MP.

Of course I have to change some of the dialogs so that there are no double conflicts but with this I can do a pretty fast turn around in testing.

This is definitely the best way. Local testing, local MP then non-dedi MP and finally dedicated MP..these in theory are the steps going for least to most badass eheh

I tend to test more locally because I focus on code interaction and such, leaving a bit more MP "natural" testing to others. Which I am thankful for..a new pair of eyes is often more effective.

I would love to get a Dev-Heaven space to have more consistent bug tracking resources..but I don't know if it is a private network of something along those lines..

New version seems to be stable Reezo. Just about to test it on dedi.

If anyone wants to come along look for -Kremator's NO ACE CO Server-

I'll be dipping in and out during the evening.

Thanks AM! and thanks for dropping by!

Just did some more testing to confirm stuff I had issues with late last night.

In my triggers for PRESENT BLUFOR that calls on the IEDdetect_triggerman_spawn.sqf

---- Lower the suidical guy rate to 20% or lower, or even better, add a variable for it

---- When I've come across a suicide bomber, I've shot him when he puts his hands up (sometimes not, lol), and when I go to clear him I get the Detach IED option. But, when I do it, I can't find the IED; it's missing.

Vehicle Detector, can you move it to the RIGHT middle of the screen? Having it take up the middle of the screen is annoying; in 3rd Person while driving a HMMWV, the vehicle detector takes up a majority of the HMMWV; again just annoying more than anything else.

Actually I quite like the detector being in the middle of the screen, but could we also get the injector in the middle of the screen too ?

I used my VTS mission to check if these scripts would run on newly spawned civs and empty cars but to no effect. Will test again tonight with debug on to see where the problem is, so don't read too much into this being a bug JUST yet !

Thanks for the input, I do not like the central position myself, either :)

Spectre, the parameters you want are there already, if I got what you meant

Where:

IEDarea1 - is the trigger name (make sure you give it a name and this matches it, or it won't work)

50 - is the % of having a triggerman, if you use 100 there will definitely be a triggerman

"car" - is the object type that a triggerman might use for attaching a bomb.

0 - is the beeping (0=no beep, 1=beep, 2=random)

60 - is the area to scan for suitable objects (e.g. "car") and attach the bomb to one of those, randomly

30 - is the area to scan for hostiles that can instill fear in the triggerman (read above for how fear works)

25 - is the area to scan for possible victims that will make the triggerman touch the bomb off

65 - is the % for the triggerman to be a suicide bomber instead

WEST - is the side to consider enemy of the triggerman

Yeah put it back onto the right of the screen. Some people must have wierd resolutions!

OR of course have a parameter that users can change that controls the position. It's your scripts after all :)

Any more thoughts on multiple IEDs ? I was going to try to use something like SHK_pos that is on the forums but would be easier with a Reezo script :)

Yes the proxyIEDs_scatter.sqf is almost ready.

What about the size of the Nomad? What about having it a little smaller?

Also, I might resize the pictures ton 256x256..the actual 512 might a bit overkill..

Resizing it may also lower the script size as well, however, as a long as you can nudge it over to be flush with the players right side, middle part of their screen it should be perfect.

Agreed, will test it to make it as close to the size of other on screen screens like the GPS etc.

Good news on the scatter ... MUHAHAHA! That will scare the infidel beasts (just kidding !)

Suggestion: for the proximity IED, whether or not it's set to anti-INF or VEH, what do you think about it NOT going off if you prone crawl up to it? This way it gives you a chance to disarm an anti-inf.

Edit: I also lowered that 65% variable to 15% and now almost nothing is spawning in the trigger, but my presence % is 100%. Any ideas?

And, if I have the handheld detector, and I get in my detector vehicle, what is supposed to happen so I can test it? Is one supposed to take priority over the other, or should they both work at the same time?

Edited by SpectreRSG

Suggestion: for the proximity IED, whether or not it's set to anti-INF or VEH, what do you think about it NOT going off if you prone crawl up to it? This way it gives you a chance to disarm an anti-inf.

This was taken care of, basically the radius for infantry is always lower than the one for vehicles. This means that if an EOD goes quietly closer and closer to the bomb it will be able to get the defuse action without entering the pressure plate radius. Of course this radius slightly changes randomly from IED to IED, so the best practice is to quietly approach the IED, slowly, trying to get the action from the furthest distance possible.

Obviously, if something like a scared civilian steps close to it..it MIGHT be bad :)

I edited my post while you were typing. And personally, something doesn't seem right when you can manually disarm an IED w/o even touching it. The force is strong with that EOD tech. ;)

I edited my post while you were typing. And personally, something doesn't seem right when you can manually disarm an IED w/o even touching it. The force is strong with that EOD tech. ;)

Is there any way to control the radius of an action in an object?

Hey reezo, any chance of having another pop at making the script respawn friendly? It's the only thing holding me back from using the script atm.

Hey reezo, any chance of having another pop at making the script respawn friendly? It's the only thing holding me back from using the script atm.

Did your tests happen in dedicated MP? Because of using MPRespawn, local testing does not work.

Just asking,

EDIT: it seems the event handers are pretty crazy..I will work around that by creating a dedicated script for unit and vehicle respawn.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

UPDATE:

Try this, it could work (coded blindly..)

http://www.mediafire.com/?pgqop42qp33451u

Edited by Reezo