Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

SR5 Tactical IED Detection and Remote Det Script

Reez, it may have been an error on my end regarding the Detector working for everyone. I had placed it in all unit slots, but then took it out of some, and back into others.

Can someone check if this is happening elsewhere? Just give the detector to 1 person, have a few buddies play with you and see if it pops up for everyone.

Edit: also, it -may- have to do with the fact that I also put the detector script inside an empty vehicles init field. I'll have to test it out tomorrow, unless someone can test that real quick before then.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Wow wonderfull thing but not seem to work with multiple units detector. And someone can tell me how reactivate this script when i dies?

Thank you

Thanks Spectre, I'll check it out.

I think I need to make it so you can only use this detector script on units and write a different script (with different dialog screens) for detector vehicles.

This problem kind-of finds a workaround when we have an actual object for the EOD detector..

I think these are our TWO most important priorities, script-aside:

1) Having an actual model for the Nomad Tool, to be an item like the radio, or the GPS

2) Having an EOD suit. I think I know how to make it so that:

- the engineer gets close to a vehicle, uses the action "Wear EOD suit"

- his model changes to an EOD suit model

- he gets close to the bomb and tries to defuse it

- imagine the fun in the streets of Zargabad

The Hurt Locker. 'nuff said :)

We're hiring! Anyone willing to take part to the ArmA 2 EOD Mod should sign up ;) we're primarily looking for 3d/model artists at the moment!

UPDATE: Here is my email to SickBoy asking for a Dev-Heaven project page:

Hi SB!

Reezo here (albertors), how are you doing?

I was thinking to open an EOD mod dev-heaven project but, obviously, I wanted to ask you permission for that. My IED Detection script along with other scripts would be great but I want to push it further and assemble a team for developing:

- FCS UGV Unmanned Robot for IED detection and defuse

- EOD Suit

- IED objects

- more ideas ..

Dev-heaven would be THE place, so I am asking you ;) thanks in advance, whatever the verdict. I've read the guidelines and this will be just like other mods, non-abusive, free etc.

then maybe we can even put everything into ACE if the ACE team likes it. Why not, after all I never use vanilla :) for me A2 = ACE :D

Albertors "Reezo"

Edited by Reezo

I try to put this addEventHandler ["killed", {nul0 = [this,15,2,40,01] execVM "scripts\IEDdetect.sqf"}]; in my unit init but not seem to work so if someone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Edited by DarkEclip

I try to put this addEventHandler ["killed", {nul0 = [this,15,2,40,01] execVM "scripts\IEDdetect.sqf"}]; in my unit init but not seem to work so if someone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

You are loading the wrong script..you should exec IEDdetect_detector.sqf

RTFM FTW ;)

Im not sure if im just dense, but the ieds never seem to go off. Is there a way to make it so that if a regular soldier goes close it detonates, but an eod man can get closer? im trying to make it into a mp mission.

I try

this addEventHandler ["killed", {nul0 = [D1,15,2,40,01] execVM "scripts\IEDdetect\IEDdetect_detector.sqf"}];

AND

this addEventHandler ["killed", {nul0 = [this,15,2,40,01] execVM "scripts\IEDdetect\IEDdetect_detector.sqf"}];

but not work ;(

I'm desperate

Coma: the IEDs going off are not something related to this script. This script detects and disposes of them, the actual IED behavior is subject to a different script - e.g. James'. For as blunt as it may sound, you have to ask the author of the script that makes the IED go boom, which is not this one :)

DarkEclip: don't be desperate, there's worse things in life I am sure..anyway..maybe "this" and the "killed" eventhandler do not go well together, you should try using some WaitUntil to wait for the unit to be alive again, THEN run the script on it. I don't see why it should not work but hey, ArmA is full of suprises and sometimes even the obvious isn't that obvious.

Good luck!

On a less interesting and too personal, close-minded perspective, I am about to release RC4. It is not going to feature much but the fake IED behaviour has been (hopefully) improved and the % of fake IEDs is now being tested against 1000, not 100. This helps with shorter scan times (e.g. 5 seconds).

I've made the marker locals so there is no more global IED positions on the map (good for PvP, as well).

Hopefully I will release it soon, if you have any constructive feedback now it is the time to say bombs-away bombs-away.

Cheers,

nul0 = [D1,15,2,40,01] execVM "scripts\IEDdetect\IEDdetect_detector.sqf" in a trigger with alive D1 work well thank you :)

nul0 = [D1,15,2,40,01] execVM "scripts\IEDdetect\IEDdetect_detector.sqf" in a trigger with alive D1 work well thank you :)

Yay, sounds great, good to know!

Hi,

I have a little problem with your script is that the detector is visible only in1/4

iedj.jpg

Quick update..RC4 is almost ready..coding is done but I must test it some more before I release it to YOUR testing fun ;)

Woohoo ! Keep going Reezo ... looking forward to some IED detecting fun :)

v1.5RC4 released!

Changelog:

- IED marker now made local

- Fake IED reports now working..hopefully.

If want a very slight chance for fake IED reports (works well with fast scan times) use 0.5 or 0.1 or any kind of 1/10th or 1/100th increment.

So far I haven't been able to reproduce any bug nor fix it (obviously). Keep the feedback coming, the more precise and dev-like you are, the better the script you will get! :)

Does this version work with Norrins Revive? The previous versions show up an error as stated a few pages back.

You need to make sure that there are not dialog conflicts but once sorted there are no problems at all.

@Acelondoner

For the norrin's revive issue, try removing the section below from description.ext

class CfgSounds
{
 #include "scripts\IEDdetect\IEDdetect_sounds.cpp"
};

Then in revive.sqf\dialogs\config.cpp change the bottom section from

class Brian_A_little_help_here
   {
       name="Brian_A_little_help_here";
       sound[]={"revive_sqf\sound\UNIV_v51.ogg",0.05,1.0};
       titles[]={};
   };

};

To the following:

{
       titles[]={};
   };
   class IEDdetect_beep
   {
   name = "IEDdetect_beep";
   sound[] = {"scripts\IEDdetect\sounds\IEDdetect_beep.ogg", 0.33, 1};
   titles[] = {};
   };
   class IEDdetect_beep2
   {
   name = "IEDdetect_beep2";
   sound[] = {"scripts\IEDdetect\sounds\IEDdetect_beep2.ogg", 0.33, 1};
   titles[] = {};
   };
   class IEDdetect_beep3
   {
   name = "IEDdetect_beep3";
   sound[] = {"scripts\IEDdetect\sounds\IEDdetect_beep3.ogg", 0.005, 1};
   titles[] = {};
   };
   class IEDdetect_wave
   {
   name = "IEDdetect_wave";
   sound[] = {"scripts\IEDdetect\sounds\IEDdetect_wave.ogg", 0.5, 1};
   titles[] = {};
   };
   class IEDdetect_click
   {
   name = "IEDdetect_click";
   sound[] = {"scripts\IEDdetect\sounds\IEDdetect_click.ogg", 0.33, 1};
   titles[] = {};
   };

};

That should then work (not tested as not on gaming rig).

I am sorry I don't have a ready-to-use solution for Norrin's revive. As far as no conflict in the dialogs is present (take care of doing it right in description.ext) I don't see any reason to say this will not work (equals: it should work lol).

@Acelondoner

For the norrin's revive issue, try removing the section below from description.ext

class CfgSounds
{
 #include "scripts\IEDdetect\IEDdetect_sounds.cpp"
};

Then in revive.sqf\dialogs\config.cpp change the bottom section from

{
       titles[]={};
   };

};

To the following:

{
       titles[]={};
   };
   class IEDdetect_beep
   {
   name = "IEDdetect_beep";
   sound[] = {"scripts\IEDdetect\sounds\IEDdetect_beep.ogg", 0.33, 1};
   titles[] = {};
   };
   class IEDdetect_beep2
   {
   name = "IEDdetect_beep2";
   sound[] = {"scripts\IEDdetect\sounds\IEDdetect_beep2.ogg", 0.33, 1};
   titles[] = {};
   };
   class IEDdetect_beep3
   {
   name = "IEDdetect_beep3";
   sound[] = {"scripts\IEDdetect\sounds\IEDdetect_beep3.ogg", 0.005, 1};
   titles[] = {};
   };
   class IEDdetect_wave
   {
   name = "IEDdetect_wave";
   sound[] = {"scripts\IEDdetect\sounds\IEDdetect_wave.ogg", 0.5, 1};
   titles[] = {};
   };
   class IEDdetect_click
   {
   name = "IEDdetect_click";
   sound[] = {"scripts\IEDdetect\sounds\IEDdetect_click.ogg", 0.33, 1};
   titles[] = {};
   };

};

That should then work (not tested as not on gaming rig).

I'll try this when I get round to implementing the script. Cheers

Is the manual diffuse working for people? I get this Resource IEDdetect_injector not found when I choose manual diffuse...

The IED wil then just keep beeping and I cannot do anything with it. I have no idea whats wrong as I have all the files so why would it say its missing IEDdetect_injector?

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

I'm currently using Arma2 with ACE and I'm getting the exact same error.

I've tried looking through the thread and can't find a solution anywhere.

Anybody got any ideas?

Kind regards,

Martin