Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

Mortar and Javelin questions

Hey guys, couple of questions.

In Arma2 CO, you can disassemble a mortar but cannot reassemble it.

I remember testing this out in the editor where I dissasembled it and carried the mortar tube and stand to another location and reassembled it there,

but that was one time, I can only disassemble it.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

For the Javelin, the missile flys in direct mode no matter what for me how do you switch to top down mode?

you need to have the correct bag in ground, and correct bag on back.

Try putting tripod on ground, and holding mortar tube itself on back, if it doesnt work, do it vice versa

Thanks for your reply guys.

For the Javelin, i see the result of the Javelin ingame as it shoots forward but as seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epgqjmOsJE4

Ingame seems to be wrong, unless I'm missing something. On the screen in the Javelin is direct mode, and top mode,

but I have no idea on how to get to the top down mode.

The automatic aquire system either must be a new thing, or the javelin in the video is an old version.

But how do you switch to top down mode?

For the mortar,

there must be a bug, because all I can do is disassemble th mortar and thats it. I did it before where I took it apart and

brought it somewhere else and reassembled it but I cannot do that right now, I tried with Vanilla Co and dont seem to work.

The only place* I remember seeing a javelin capable of the top down flight path was a mission with Mando Missiles integrated. There was a selector between top, direct and direct-ground. AFAIK, the vanilla game just has the direct flight path. Same thing with hellfires on the apache. It's the better part of what got me addicted to MMM in the first place.

edit: *in game

+1 ^ you are able to assemble it up with the correct pack... but the tricky part is sometimes it's hard to find the option pop-ing up even if you have put your cursor over the bags.

Hi all

With regard to assembling crew served weapons find FLAT GROUND!

If you are refering to ACE remember to set the Object Interaction Key in ACE settings the default is the Right Windows Key [ ] this is not the same as Right Apps Key [ ] and my Key board cannot be set as an ACE key as it opens up the all desktops view in windows :( so you will have to change it to in my cast the Left Windows key [ ].

In a Game playing mode eg. Preview in the editor

Press Escape

Game comes up as Paused Menu left side of screen

Select ACE Settings

Then follow this post by the ACE Developers which explains how to change settings

• Launch the game
  • Change Settings ingame
  • Save settings ingame
  • Create new file / open existing, with notepad: userconfig\ACE\settings.ace
  • Paste clipboard content into the file (CTRL+V)
  • Save the settings.ace file

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

No matter what it would be called, results would be the same :D

In any case, with ACE Clippi, no-one has to worry about anything :D

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

My trick for top down fire, although I haven't tried it in a while and it may not work, was to aim slightly higher but maintain the lock.

Top attack doesn't do anything different in this game in the first place. If the javelin destroys the tank from the top, it will destroy it from the front as well. Armour obliquity isn't a factor.

Top attack doesn't do anything different in this game in the first place. If the javelin destroys the tank from the top, it will destroy it from the front as well. Armour obliquity isn't a factor.

Might be necessary to clear an obstacle though.

You have to bring the tripod to reassemble the mortar.

my original post :

I remember testing this out in the editor where I dissasembled it and carried the mortar tube and stand to another location and reassembled it there,

but that was one time, I can only disassemble it.

Once i disassemble it i cannot pick it up, i did once before but to pick it up don't show.

I know you have to pick up the tripod and carry it wherever, then get the tube and bring it to the tripod and then reassemble it but

again the options to pick up either dont show up.

In Arma2 with A2WarMod I was able to do both direct and Top down, wtf happened with OA's Javalin?