Sign in to follow this  
Coffeecat

SP Missions stalking me?!?

Ok...i nearly got my doubts that im allright with my brain and stuff

I deleted ALL missions out of the arma2/missions folder in the main arma2 directory and they are still in the scenarios screen? i also deleted my cgf and all saves.

i cant delete them anymore... :confused: what is this???

Ok i found out that its only the mission which i exported in the editor directly with "Export as SP Scenario". But where are those saved so i can delete them?

Edited by Coffeecat

nm, dunno

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Maybe you have a savegame for the mission or something? Maybe delete any saves in your mydocuments area?

yea thats what i did i can only overwrite the exported missions if i export the newer version via editor. but you cant delete those anymore. pretty strange

You deleted everything in what folder?

You have missions in c:\program files\whatever\whatever\missions

and you have them in

mydocs\arma2\missions

mydocs\arma2 other profiles\missions

c:\users\username\appdata\arma2\mission cache

check them all.

i did that all ! deleted everything under mydocuments & everything under the arma2 mainfolder, also cfgs and all savegames, they still there lol

the problem was that even if i move a packed mission pbo in the missions folder now, the exported mission from the editor is still there

Same problem here. No matter if you uninstall the game, delete, or move everything ArmA2 off the computer, and reinstall the game, those Export to single player missions reinstall to the same user that created them. I think I found the answer. Using Windows 7 or Vista, they are located here; C:\Users\"User name"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Missions

That's where I found them. I'm going to delete them, reinstall and see if that works. ( What a pain! )

You dont have to uninstall the game. it will not help. start the game as admin and it works;)

Yes! No reinstall! It worked! Just delete the files.

You know, when I opened that VirtualStore folder, I found many things I had uninstalled. I guess when you uninstall ArmA2, it doesn't look to that folder because it wasn't created by Bohemia Interactive. And when you start the game, Windows 7 adds it. ( I think ) Now I need a beer!

Yes! No reinstall! It worked! Just delete the files.

You know, when I opened that VirtualStore folder, I found many things I had uninstalled. I guess when you uninstall ArmA2, it doesn't look to that folder because it wasn't created by Bohemia Interactive. And when you start the game, Windows 7 adds it. ( I think ) Now I need a beer!

Hey, thanks for posting this! I had the same problem but I went into Virtual Store and I found those pesky missions that I wanted to delete. Worked like a charm!

NOTE: If you can't find the AppData folder, use the search function for your harddrive. But don't search for AppData, search for Virtual Store and windows will locate the file for you!

Ok. This is how I found it. Using Windows 7 or Vista, open a folder, any folder will do. In the address bar of the folder, insert the address C:\Users\"User name"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore ( no quotes for your user name ). Click the "Go To" button or press Enter and it will take you to " AppData > Local > VirtualStore > ". In that location you will find folders that you can look through. I hope that helps. ( I found folders for other games and programs I thought I had completely uninstalled. It's good to know about this location for general computer maintenance. )