Sign in to follow this  
haroon

Advanced Fire Script -v0.9

How do you find Advanced Fire Script v0.9 ?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How do you find Advanced Fire Script v0.9 ?

• Great
    • Good
    • Fair
    • Bad
    • Worst

FEATURES

-Create fire on any object specified.

-The intensity,color,position and alpha channels of the fire can be defined in the game.

-Fire reacts to the type of object,if the object is a Building, the fire will burn for the longest time.

(Infantry units are the weakest and buildings are the strongest)[Damage can be Disabled]

`-Smoke is also simulated,the amount and density of smoke relies on the Intensity defined.

[smoke disperses as soon as the fire is deleted]

-The burning fire can spread to nearby infantry units.[Can be Disabled]

-The fire will eventually wear out,and this is also affected by rain.[Can be Disabled]

-The time for how long the fire will be burning can be defined.

[After that time has reached,the fire will die quickly,and no damage will be applied to anything]

Change Log

v0.9

- Initial Release

DOWNLOAD PAGE

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=35434.0

This was also in my harddisks for a few months.

I hope you guys enjoy using it.

(This script is especially meant for cutscenes and intros, and some other mid-game instances,etc)

Contains an example mission showing five types of objects on fire, and a helpful hint.

Any feedback is Welcome.

Regards,

Haroon1992

Howdy,

You'd probably benefit from some pictures in this thread to advertise the look ;)

- HateDread.

Great stuff,thx! I was waiting for the new OA fire as script. BIS Burn Effects only work with the old one.

Edited by Coffeecat

Wondering if you figured out the multiplayer support, I know there are issues with MP particles.

This would be awesome for MP im working on.

Thatnks for the great work.

I'm not sure if this is compatible with MP.

This script uses setParticleParams and some other commands.

(I need feedback about MP compatibility, as I am lacking a second computer and I don't have internet connection at home.)

Regards,

Haroon1992

we have tested it in multiplayer.

It all works apart frm the important part :) the napalm fire.

It seems the player who uses is gets to see the fire but noone else does, the fire affects every player, so amusing times to be had when your tank starts losing health for no reason ha ha, but to the player that called it you are a flaming fireball.

Its been an ongoing problem. LK nuke suffers the same as its mostly particles so only the player that called it can see it.

One possible solution is for it to run on all playable characters. but I sense some server lag from that.

Yeah, and I am really really willing to let any body with a good MP scripting skill (I am a nuts at MP scripting) to freely modify my script to make it MP compatible.

This script is great in my opinion. (I've used it in many of my unreleased missions...)

Let me know if there is someone willing to do the job...or maybe some group.

Regards,

haroon1992

Hey guys I need your help. First of all the script is really awesome and helped me a lot. But I need to know how to set the intensity of a fire to a fixed level. The debug shows that the intensity of every fire is increasing. After a few minutes the whole city is on fire.

So, where can I find the parameter for that?

Edited by Justice92