Sign in to follow this  
johncage

Chechen War Russians

So because I am a Western collector I have no knowledge on the subject?

I was honest with you, be correct also.

I didn't want to insult You. I speciall posted a smile.

Know that the Russian army did not use only what he distributed and even now. SSO is a private company, but is not the official distributor of the FSB, yet they all use.

Don't forget that we're talking about mid 90's. There were only 3 SN VV detachments in that time. "Rosich" looked more GRU style (gorkas an A-belts) due to close relations with 22nd SpN Bde. "Vityaz" an "Rus'" were supplied by MVD. There weren't "private purchase" gear. You simply cann't buy it. It was a time of total poverty. For example in 1996 tour "Rus'" didn't received any resupply.

And the Russians have used, NPOs and Gran.

If You are so sure, show me clear photos of russians wearing Gran' suits in 95-97, please.

And the name that everyone uses is "SMK" in the West and even Russian friends also use this name. After you use a different name too bad for you

ORLY? Everyone uses "TTsKO" instead of "Butan" and "VSR" instead of "Barvikha". And so what? 500 years earlier everyone thought that the Earth is flat. You may call this camo anyway You want. But SMK is suit, not the camo pattern. The unofficial names of the camo are "Орех" and "Талый Ñнег" :) Check it with Your russian friends ;)

Stop with your story, I am "Russian " so I know everything better than everybody

Man, I didn't even start it. At first, I'm russian without quotes. Secondly I'm perfectly know how many russian people know about this war now. Forget about "better". The average level of knowledge is little more than "nothing". :( And frankly speaking I think very high about western collectors and reenactors of that era. I know how hard is to find info and gear even in Russia...

Edited by 05B3S

You're right on point I can not deny it. Now Johncage help in putting our knowledge to his advantage.

thanks for the photos and the medic advice. the dark spot on the head is probably a shadow lod. i will fix it.

I noticed something about the dark spot that might help you identify the problem. When you look at the shadow of the vityaz leader you notice a beret though it's not visible on the actual unit. Is there supposed to be one?

it was probably a remnant of the file i used. it's just supposed to be a balaclava

Did a quick n dirty replacement pack for my own use, thought I'd share it. Not binarized nor signed - do with it what you want.

http://rapidshare.com/files/451176603/jc_russian_repl.pbo

I left canCarryBackpack in there, so your Arma 2 russians can now carry OA rucks if you have the replacement. Don't know what this will do in an MP environment, but it worked without any trouble in MP testing.

Edited by Hund

Where are the units with the green things on there legs, i dont know what you call them but only one of the units have them. In the pics it shows more units with them and also different camo for some units. I dont have any.

Hi,

Where are the units with the green things on there legs, i dont know what you call them but only one of the units have them. In the pics it shows more units with them and also different camo for some units. I dont have any.

What are these light green things... I saw it in real life too...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCH36GoVYO22UAUu5DIPu7JICQuesq5CozQR7DZGez5-eU6t2P

Thank you,

Luc

Edited by -Luc-

Hi,

What are these light green things... I saw it in real life too...

Thank you,

Luc

Those are the boots that are supposed to be worn with OZK suit (chemical suit) but they are usually worn to keep your feet dry .They seem to do it well.

Thanks for the info on the green boots, i thought that all units had them on. As Devil Dogs SF said its just two of the units with them.

Hi,

Those are the boots that are supposed to be worn with OZK suit (chemical suit) but they are usually worn to keep your feet dry .They seem to do it well.

Thank you...

Is it common, I didnt see that often?

Thank you again!

-Luc-

Is there anyone know is there a map of Chechnya?

There were attempts to create a map, but they were closed at a stage of primary working out. Somebody can undertakes?

I have a problem in the weapon config in game. I cant use this mod, in Editor the Unit tipe dont have name and it make Crash to deskop my game

There were attempts to create a map, but they were closed at a stage of primary working out. Somebody can undertakes?

There's a South Ossetia map somewhere in the pipeline.

I have a problem in the weapon config in game. I cant use this mod, in Editor the Unit tipe dont have name and it make Crash to deskop my game

"Requires Combined Operation and Vilas' east weapons."

"Requires Combined Operation and Vilas' east weapons."

I have them. I have the last patch. Its only a config problem in bin file :confused:

Jonny has been unfortunately suspended but when hes back im sure he'll get on these issues in the config like the missing attendant:=1;

No... please read the post right before yours. The author of this addon has been suspended, therefor there will not be any updates until his suspension is over.

wellcome! johnycage xD.:yay:

Edited by LDU30

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2011 at 6:13 PM, miller said:

Thanks Hund :smile_o:

ArmA2Base.de Mirror:

Chechen War Russians Replacement by Hund

required

ArmA 2: Combined Operations (ArmA 2 und Operation Arrowhead)

Chechen War Russians by johncage

Russian and East Europe Weapons Pack

Kind regards

Miller

Can you reupload file please? Chechen War Russians Replacement by Hund 😅 thanks mate