Sign in to follow this  
Lorca

Sounds for the gates?

Has anyone created sounds for the wooden or metal gates? They are silent when you open them.

No but I am looking forward to the imminent release of yours... I'm sure you spent months recording various gates..... In all weather conditions... Now thats dedication.... Good luck with finalising!

Are people this sarcastic in these forums or are you guys professional idiots?

Most try to be helpful. As long as you exhausted all your search possibilities, there is no problem with asking a question.

But to answer your question, I haven't seen it done anywhere, so it would be something new (but pretty easy most likely) to try.

Using a trigger to open the gate I assume, so I would just add the sound to played when the gate is open. That would require declaring the sound in your description.ext first.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/playSound

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#Sounds

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

Most try to be helpful. As long as you exhausted all your search possibilities, there is no problem with asking a question.

But to answer your question, I haven't seen it done anywhere, so it would be something new (but pretty easy most likely) to try.

Using a trigger to open the gate I assume, so I would just add the sound to played when the gate is open. That would require declaring the sound in your description.ext first.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/playSound

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#Sounds

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

Thanks Mosh. Those two above me give a bad name to the forum. I'm new here and believe it or not in many forums i've been since 2003, this is the first time I get sarcastic clownish answers like that. The reason why i asked about the gate sounds is because since I was hearing all kinds of nice crisp sounds(flies, birds, fences rattling.etc.) in the environment I thought it was a bug that when I opened a heavy iron gate no sound came from that. Such a basic sound trigger that even games from 1995 have. Oh, well, I better be careful next time in posting questions in this forum, If I can hold on that long that is.

dealwithitdoggifp.gif

On a serious note, i think that reaction you got was mainly because there are probably over 9000 things in ArmA2 more people worry about than the sound of the gates.

Edited by Shadow NX

Yeah just deal with it, fill your ignore list up if you need to, there are plenty of candidates here for that.

But as far as the sound Lightspeed posted, it's a pretty good sound, and could possible work for you? That's what you need, the .ogg sound to begin with...

So maybe just one smart ass answer and not two like you thought? ;)

So keep at it... and good luck.

Yeah just deal with it, fill your ignore list up if you need to, there are plenty of candidates here for that.

But as far as the sound Lightspeed posted, it's a pretty good sound, and could possible work for you? That's what you need, the .ogg sound to begin with...

So maybe just one smart ass answer and not two like you thought? ;)

So keep at it... and good luck.

Lol, you are good in math. Do I have to do some scripting to make the sound work? I don't know anything about scripts. Btw, the sound extension in the file mention above look so foreign to me that i thought it was a joke. I guess the .ogg is a real file for Arma.

Edited by Lorca

None of us in these forums are professional idiots, some are amateur idiots though! :p

On 2 occasions I have been known to be an idiot on these forums but it is a rare occasion...

None of us in these forums are professional idiots, some are amateur idiots though! :p

On 2 occasions I have been known to be an idiot on these forums but it is a rare occasion...

We all have... I've had a few times where I wish I would have thought about hitting the Reply button for a few more seconds. We're only human after all... :)

But hopefully that test mission (which goes in users/documents/arma 2/missions folder) helps some Lorca.

We all have... I've had a few times where I wish I would have thought about hitting the Reply button for a few more seconds. We're only human after all... :)

But hopefully that test mission (which goes in users/documents/arma 2/missions folder) helps some Lorca.

Thanks for the file in your previous reply Mosh. You are a real trooper. Btw, I like your avatar. I'm going to get me a patriotic avatar myself. Arma 2 is one of those unique games I found by accident. I'm looking forward to know more about this game and that means knowing more about you guys here in the forum, lol. Without a forum a game has somewhat of a short lifespan.

Edited by Lorca

just to add re: my sound, it was a sound that fit perfectly with the wire fence i was opening - im sure there are better gate sounds.

would be good to have a sounds library somewhere in these forums actually.

Lightspeed, a sound library is a fantastic idea that we should implement.

It's always a pain searching for that elusive sound, so having a thread with pre prepared sounds in ogg format would be the dogs danglies.

Edited by Whiskey Tango
monginess ;)

There's already a thread made for addon requests, you can find it here. Please use it instead. Thanks. :)