Sign in to follow this  
bummer

game freeze in oa

ive been running the campaign without a hiccup until eye of the typhoon. now when i get going at certain points the game just locks! cant continue!

amd phenom quad 2.6

8 g ram

nvidea 9400gt

arma 2 + OA

Version 1.57.76815

RPT file at time of the crash:

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbingradio_e\radio\male02tk\default\weapons\machinegun.ogg'

File read error: addons\structures.pbo,17

File read recovery from error 17 has failed with error 17

Error 17 reading file 'addons\structures.pbo'

ErrorMessage: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

anyone seen this issue or have a cure??

"Cyclic redundancy check" = "Your hard drive or at the very least your installation is boned".

Reinstall the game, use some kind of disk tool to check the device for physical errors first, you may need a new hdd.

Also I suggest getting a better graphics card, 9400 is waaaay to low spec.

interesting , thanks for the reply!

I did some more digging and although i may never know the real reason for the crashes but it seems the zargabad map used in eye of the typhoon is just to graphic intense it just causes a lockup! I read some talk on this particular mission and it seems there were quite a few others who struggled one way or another on this mission.

I turned down my graphics and looked away from the dust devils around the objective and managed to finish the mission. Im not sure but if i was to take a guess it seems the dust particles are very graphic intensive and could be the reason for some problems others endure! I am sure there is something going on in this map and maybe someone with better equiptment then me may be able to find the problem and get some kind of fix going.

anyway off to the mods and mp if i can!!