Sign in to follow this  
WobbleSock

Can my Laptop run ARMA II fine?

Sorry if there is a certain section related to this question, I did a quick scim of the Forum and found nothing related but if there is...then sorry (I'm new)

I have known for a while about ARMA II, but I didn't buy it because at the time of release the crappy laptop I owned had no chance of running it. However, in August I got a new Toshiba Laptop and after seeing a vid on YouTube about ARMA II I am curious if my PC can run it. I am able to run Team Fortress 2 and StarCraft II on the highest setting, if that means anything.

I have VERY little knowledge about the technical parts of PC gaming, especially system requirements. I'm more of a PS3 gamer (Don't hate on me, lately I've been playing more on the PC) so yeah.

Basically, I want to know if my Laptop can run ArmA II without any frame rate problems or graphical issues. Also, if you guys could reccomend me what graphics setting I should run on then that would be cool, too.

System Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz 2.27GHz

RAM: 4.00GB (3.86 Usable)

Graphics Hardware: Nvidia GE Force GT 330M

Not sure if that is all the info you guys need, but if you need any more info just ask.

Thanks!

You missed the "can my pc run this" thread that is stickied in this forum.

The answer to your first question is "probably not" since your cpu is very slow by arma 2 standards.

The answer to your second question is "turn the view distance right down and you might get away with it".

Most likely it can run it just fine. CPU is brand new and not 'very slow'. I get 30+ fps in the benchmark with identical cpu, Dell 1749. The nvidia card is high end of the mid range but stacked with ddr3 ram and my bet is it will do fine. Shees, be a little positive :p

Try a demo first, see what happens and let us know :)

--- edit:

I run ArmA smooth with maximum view distance but grass off. I'd rather turn down some other things, but to each his own.

Edited by BadgerDK

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=72181

Sticky thread, currently 2nd from top. I hardly can't believe anyone can miss it if he bothers to check the sticky threads for at least 30 secs.

And there is a reason why these threads are sticky.

Closed because this is the 3rd or 4th thread this week and my job is not to clean up after others. :mad: