Sign in to follow this  
SpecterM

How do I make my PMC units Bluefor

Is it possible to make my PMC units bluefor? They show up as indipendent.

Have them led by a blufor unit and set the probability of presence of that unit to 0%. A more sophisticated solution is to go to mission.sqm and replace side="GUER"; with side="WEST"; just before class Vehicles preceding the units' data.

Make them join a higer ranked unit and then delete that unit.

Just like Celery said but you delete the unit later instead of using probability of presence at the begining of the mission.

join

deleteVehicle

Don't be tempted by the command setSide

JTGibson says:

This is a frequent question on OFPEC, but produced here because it was difficult to find an answer to. setSide does not work for men, vehicles, etc.: it is intended for locations (i.e., territory). If you want to switch a unit's (e.g., the player's) side in the middle of a battle, make the unit joinSilent a group on the given side instead. If you want the unit to become the group leader after joining, use selectLeader. I haven't tested the idea of spawning a temporary unit of that side, assigning the player to that unit, setting the player as the leader, then deleting the original unit, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. (It begs the question why we don't have a setSide object function, though.)

When is BIS gonna come up with a proper specific command for this?

How about setunitside?