Sign in to follow this  
-=anders=-

Sound Of Anders (soundmod)

@anders

Been using this soundmod for a few weeks now and really enjoy it. Would it be possible to release a non-ace version of the vehicle sounds.

Nomad

It's not dependable on ace afaik??? :confused: Have u tried using it without ace?

The ACE requirement confusion could have been caused by the name it was given at first and which I copied for our pages on Armaholic as well. At first there was ACE behind the name which to me implied ACE was required. I checked again and thats no longer there so I also updated our pages.

Maybe I was just a bit drunk and saw double when frontpaging it ;)

Dude what the fuck? You took bad company 2 sounds for the abrams? Dude I play that game so much I recognize every single fuckin sound. Explain why the arbams sounds like BC2 that much!

Dude please dont dissappoint me.

Some more issues:

Updating base class Sounds->, by anders_c_hmmwv\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Base/Sounds/
Updating base class Engine->, by anders_c_hmmwv\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Base/Sounds/Engine/
Updating base class Movement->, by anders_c_hmmwv\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Base/Sounds/Movement/

Updating base class NewTurret->CommanderOptics, by anders_c_t90\config.bin/CfgVehicles/T90/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/
Updating base class ->Sounds, by anders_c_t90\config.bin/CfgVehicles/T90/Sounds/
Updating base class ->Movement, by anders_c_t90\config.bin/CfgVehicles/T90/Sounds/Movement/

Updating base class Engine->, by anders_c_abrams\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/Engine/

Updating base class ->Sounds, by anders_c_bradley\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M2A2_Base/Sounds/
Updating base class ->Movement, by anders_c_bradley\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M2A2_Base/Sounds/Movement/

Error in expression <factor[0.3, 1]) min (rpm factor[1, 0.3])>
 Error position: <>
 Error Missing )
Error: Sound volume expression: 2*(1-camPos)*engineOn*((rpm factor[0.3, 1]) min (rpm factor[1, 0.3])

Cannot load sound 'anders_s_fixedwings\su_ext_exhaust.wss'
Cannot load sound 'anders_s_guns\spg9_s1.wss'

Updating base class B_9x18_Ball->BulletBase, by anders_c_cracks\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_Ball/

Latest configs: http://www.file-upload.net/download-3268219/SoA.7z.html

Diff: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/soa/activity

---

What I dont understand is why you keep some sounds from BI in weapons, like

class M249: Rifle
{
	bullet1[] = {"ca\sounds\weapons\shells\small_shell_metal_04",0.037828,1,15};
	bullet2[] = {"ca\sounds\weapons\shells\small_shell_metal_03",0.037828,1,15};
	bullet3[] = {"ca\sounds\weapons\shells\small_shell_metal_02",0.037828,1,15};
	bullet4[] = {"ca\sounds\weapons\shells\small_shell_metal_01",0.037828,1,15};
	bullet5[] = {"\anders_s_guns\shellsmall1",0.016228,1,15};
	bullet6[] = {"\anders_s_guns\shellsmall2",0.016228,1,15};
	bullet7[] = {"\anders_s_guns\shellsmall3",0.016228,1,15};
	bullet8[] = {"\anders_s_guns\shellsmall4",0.016228,1,15};
	bullet9[] = {"\anders_s_guns\shell_soft_04",0.037828,1,15};
	bullet10[] = {"\anders_s_guns\small_shell_soft_09",0.037828,1,15};
	bullet11[] = {"\anders_s_guns\small_shell_soft_10",0.037828,1,15};
	bullet12[] = {"\anders_s_guns\small_shell_soft_13",0.037828,1,15};
	soundBullet[] = {"bullet1",0.083,"bullet2",0.083,"bullet3",0.083,"bullet4",0.083,"bullet5",0.083,"bullet6",0.083,"bullet7",0.083,"bullet8",0.083,"bullet9",0.083,"bullet10",0.083,"bullet11",0.083,"bullet12",0.083};

You can redefine the amount in the soundBullet array. The number parameter

is the probability in percent (so overall all elements must sum up to 1/100%).

PS: I think I broke your environment sounds in an early version.. do you still

have the config of 1.0 or 1.01?

In any case you introduced a few custom classes there that need the volume definition - in case custom ones are possible at all.

PSS: You could move anders_c_fixedwings to the vehicle sounds now.

Dude what the fuck? You took bad company 2 sounds for the abrams? Dude I play that game so much I recognize every single fuckin sound. Explain why the arbams sounds like BC2 that much!

How about some manners and show some respect, people put time and effort into this, who cares where the sounds come from.

Anders great work, keep it up.

How about some manners and show some respect, people put time and effort into this, who cares where the sounds come from.

Anders great work, keep it up.

Seriously, when I first read that comment I wasn't sure if I could believe it or not. The sounds aren't even the same. I suppose he probably doesn't have a sound system capable of distinguishing two extremely realistic engine noises from one another. Anyway, respect your fellow man.

Thx, I'll check it out! And thx for your support. I've worked hard with these sounds and configs and have released my mod only for you to get a great atmosphere in arma2 else i would only have done it for myself. Sounds comes from recordings, videos, games, sound libraries etc. I take absolutely NO profit of the reference sounds aswell and I've even worked hard to get them.

One time I was even prepared to pay 300$ for some sound library, but couldnt afford that time, still I would've shared them to u.

Thx guys for your support!

/anders

Edited by -=anders=-

Dude please dont disappoint modders. They do it without profit. If you use your brain for one or two seconds, you will find the solution of your problem: grab another soundmod.

@anders

the soundsamples in the video are epic. Thanks alot!

The only thing I can say to this is

Trololololololololoo...

and you need to chill and simply use an other sm

BTW: Maan anders, your HMMWV sounds are not good for the war against Terror:Now I'm doing nothing more than just sitting in a HMMWV and cruising trough Takistan... :p

same here..awesome mod there mate!

Are you working on the m119 shootingsound (and other howitzers)?

Anyway no stress.

Great mod!

@Anders

It's not dependable on ace afaik??? Have u tried using it without ace?

Well, I feel silly. I could have sworn that when I downloaded the newest version on Armaholic . I was going to download the new vehicle sounds and it had ACE as a requirement. So, I didn't try it out.

I will download the vehicle sounds and give them a try. It it is anything like what you have been doing I know I will be using it.

Keep up the awesome work

Jason

-=anders=- you can make server key for original arma 2? I cant play with other sound mod becouse your sound mod du not hit my ears ;)

Awesome! environment sounds like beign there.

Tanks a lot Anders!

Apologizing for over-reaction.

I am a sound freak and DICE are the only fellas around who actually got the right idea of how a game should sound. I absolutely love the company and this love for every piece of their work combined with the fact that I never take sounds from other mods/games and put my name on them made me over-react.

I understand anders does not make any profit. It simply feels so "wrong" for me to take sounds from another game. Videos, movies and what not is totally ok since we're not making money here. But other games is kind of a tabu-area for me. And then anders even had to pick my very loved one, BC2. :D

Sorry again mate, I was not really thinking in that moment. :)

Does the current version have less RPT spam? I've just played a 2 hour mission and have over 72,000 lines of errors related to to SOA.

Hi Anders. Looks like the latest beta 78967 (maybe the earlier couple too) breaks your rolling when prone noises. I guess it's the new "improved" (I use the term loosely) animations which are the culprit.

hello,

Here I am having an issue with the sound of anders 1.10.

Here is the message "include file anders_c_gear \ anders_sounds_gear who put me in launching armed oa 2.

thank you for your help.

Sorry for English, but I use a translator.

thank you.

any chance of getting distance gunfire/sfx to be louder =)

Hey mates... Yeah, I've been very busy IRL the latest time. Haven't got time to check the forums...

Still awaits the OS soundmod to kinda upgrade with real distant shots in the future. Although I'll keep on making new sounds for the rest of the vehicles.. :)

Stay tuned. :D

@anders

This may have already been posted but getting some rpt spam with the newest version

Cannot load sound 'anders_s_gear\gravel\fall_to_ground1.wss'

Cannot load sound 'anders_s_gear\down3.wss'

couple for more spamming the RPT

Cannot load sound 'anders_s_gear\gravel\fall_to_ground4.wss'

Cannot load sound 'anders_s_gear\gravel\fall_to_ground2.wss'

thanks,

nomad

Edited by Nomadd