Sign in to follow this  
-=anders=-

Sound Of Anders (soundmod)

This mod is compatible with OA Combined? = ARMA2 + OA and ACE2? if not?
Yep... Im running Combined with ACE...

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

I think Im gonna try to shut the damn birds up in the forest... And only have the wind in trees and animals that doesnt take to much of the atmosphere. :D

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Btw, is it possible to get sound for desert map? Or open areas, like wind? The Noforest sound works as wind on open fields on chernarus, utes and some other maps. But Can I add more sounds for different areas?

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Oh well.. Uploading new ace version now... And now it works that too!!! :)

New environment sounds in stereo: Rain, raincity, forest sounds, wind sounds etc.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

New ACE version rdy for dl! Enjoy. :)

"include file anders_c_gear\anders_sounds_gear.hpp not found"
I use ace and I wanted to just use your gear sounds .. so in my mod-folder I have (just a moment ago downloaded ace version):
anders_c_gear.pbo

anders_c_gear.pbo.soa.bisign

anders_c_gear_ace.pbo

anders_c_gear_ace.pbo.soa.bisign

anders_s_gear.pbo

anders_s_gear.pbo.soa.bisign

Why do I get that error? Also why is there C_GEAR_ACE & C_GEAR config, I took out C_GEAR and kept just the _ACE config in and I get the same results either way. (using ArmaII launcher BTW) Edited by mrcash2009

I use ace and I wanted to just use your gear sounds .. so in my mod-folder I have (just a moment ago downloaded ace version):

Why do I get that error? Also why is there C_GEAR_ACE & C_GEAR config, I took out C_GEAR and kept just the _ACE config in and I get the same results either way. (using ArmaII launcher BTW)

Tested here, working.

You need to grab the latest ACE version and use both gear config addons. C_GEAR_ACE has a config header for ACE and calls the actual config from C_GEAR.

Edited by Robalo_AS

Ok mate thanks, I was waiting on KH YAS update to nab the latest ACE (nothing as of yet) ... thanks for the tip :) Had both configs either way but latest ACE it is.

Cant wait to give it all a good test.

Oh, sorry, I meant latest SOA-ACE version because he fixed that issue and even though version still says 1.0.2, file is dated Jan 15 :)

Anyway, something tells me a config update is on the way ;)

Oh, sorry, I meant latest SOA-ACE version because he fixed that issue and even though version still says 1.0.2, file is dated Jan 15 :)

Anyway, something tells me a config update is on the way ;)

Yeah, I should probably change to 1.0.3 cause of the new sounds and config changes. :)

I'll upload a new ACE dl tomorrow! Gnight! :D

2nd video is too low res and also has too little "crack" and too much "whooosh" at the end.

In arma2 we have to use really short crack sounds or it will start to feel too much "on top". Cracks are really short sounds, everything behind the initial crack is reflections and kinda "fake" sound, so you should not take it into a mod.

If listen carefully, my sonic cracks are to be heard at 30s, short, snappy, good crack.

do I have to turn off ACEX_SM to play with this one?
Yep! That's the point. ;) acex_sm changes all sounds if not.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Now it works fine, but the rpt file pffff :eek: :computer::681:

It's been fixed! Uploading ned today eventually. :)

Updated to 1.0.3...

I played an arrowhead map and ofcourse there was some faults on gear config. :D But I'll fix that in next release...

hello

im sorry but this mod sound terrible because the sounds are out of harmony with the game and the environment. every one´s taste is different and thats not my taste. but the major problem ive, i know that there´s sounds used from other soundmod(s). some 1:1 copies. the question is, does the "owner" of these sounds knows about it?

How do u mean out of harmony?

And mods are u talking about? I have vopssound-references, original gamesounds and My own records. So what are u trying to explain? I have not stolen any sounds. I have references and have made my own of them! Dont come in here and try to dictate about things u havent checked first!

Edited by -=anders=-

Hi Anders,

Just ignore the fella that doesn't like your sounds and don't even rise up to his baite. It would not bother me if the sounds you are doing were crap ( which i might add they are not ) All i know is i couldn't do anything like this so in my eyes that makes you infinately better than me matey.:)

i mean, when i firing a weapon, it dont sounds like this weapon. maybe i heard too often yarhead´s sounds, duno. many people said uve done a good work. tastes are different. and i know thats alot of work, but can u imgagine, someone testing u sounds and ups whats that? same sounds from another mod? i was confused.if the soundmod contains sounds from other mods, and their creators knows about it, u should add a credit, this prevents inconvenience. trust me. and the mod is vop 2.3

i mean, when i firing a weapon, it dont sounds like this weapon. maybe i heard too often yarhead´s sounds, duno. many people said uve done a good work. tastes are different. and i know thats alot of work, but can u imgagine, someone testing u sounds and ups whats that? same sounds from another mod? i was confused.if the soundmod contains sounds from other mods, and their creators knows about it, u should add a credit, this prevents inconvenience. trust me. and the mod is vop 2.3
"So to make this complete as possible I've "borrowed" sounds from vo.2 like jetsounds, explosions. Special thx to him!"

Look 1st page man. And yes, you've played too much with Jarhead sounds. I agree, the taste is like the butt. I've listened to gunshots, explosions and BIG guns irl. So I've done many researchs! The game has limits aswell. And NO mod comes close to realism. Except Opticalsnare with his distant sounds and maybe some echo-system with it... But my mod is like ANY soundmod. It's a matter of taste when it comes to a game. I've tried to mix both realism and movie feeling. But what I hate the most are sounds that sounds like if they're recorded from a youtube video!

The main reason I've borrowed sounds from vo.2 was that I just dont wanted to have modified sounds for just 60% of the game, cause I hate 98% of the original sounds. That is the only one explanation...

Edited by -=anders=-

xlaxl, please respect the creators that bring us material for free, and use constructive criticism in the future. And you know - no one is forcing you to use an addon you dont like so there is no reason to behave badly.

Should be common sense.

@-=anders=-

Dont worry dude, you doing it all correct.

Allways some people are :936:

@ xlaxl

do u know how much work a soundmod is? i can imagine that u was surprised when u heard vop sounds. he already said it on first page. and as alex72 said, show a bit respect. u dont have to use it. tastes differ.

Slade

@xlaxl - maybe you should have spent a little bit more time on the forum reading and finding out how things work before wading in and shitcanning a talented modder on your first post.

Anders, you don't need to justify yourself.

Edited by tpw

Yeah, I guess so. :)

I've uploaded new files. Added new sand-footsteps. The damn gearconfig should have no errors now. Fixed some volumes on guns that was either too high or too low.

nice work Anders.

One thing I think you need to check is the difference between the L110 and the GPMG. These two guns have should have different sounds but sound the same.

@-=anders=-

Do you have plans for making sounds for vehicle engines?

It would be nice if the vanilla sound of the turrets in tank if you rotate them could be changed into something lower.

Cause this one is really anoying !!!