Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Custom artillery magazines (HE; WP?)

I managed to get most things working with my custom artillery, I can use the artillery calculator and fire, or I can use the vehicle to fire BIS ammo, but how do I define for the artillery module that my magazine is HE, otherwise it seems it doesn't know which magazine to use when I am calling a HE mission.

EDIT found this:

["M120", "HE", "24Rnd_120mmHE_M120"] call BIS_ARTY_F_AddOrdnanceType;

Think I am on my way now :)

Edited by granQ

Have you figured out how to use this, because I am trying to accomplish the same thing with no result. It appears that it recognizes the new "ordance" type when calling the executetemplate function, the guns will target and fire, but nothing happens on the other end (I can switch back to default HE and everything works).

E6G: what is the time to live for the ammo? You want this to be long (180 seconds), not the default, otherwise your projectile disappears before hitting the ground.

The config attribute name is 'timetolive'.

Won't messing with the weapons config make things incompatible for multiplayer if people are using seperate files? Can this done via scripting and functions because I'm trying to leave the core files alone.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

["M120", "HE", "24Rnd_120mmHE_M120"] call BIS_ARTY_F_AddOrdnanceType;

["AMMO TYPE", "WHAT YOU WANT TO CALL THE ORDANCE THAT CAN BE CALLED LATER", "MAGAZINE"] call BIS_ARTY_F_AddOrdnanceType;

Is this correct?