Sign in to follow this  
boyBlue32

Enemy Tunguskas failing miserably...

Hey all. I'm making a mission where the player has to fly a transport chopper across the map, and I want to force him to remain low lest he be spotted on enemy radar from the Tunguskas scattered around the map. I've played similar missions in campaigns/scenarios, and usually enemy AA is extremely effective, even at ranges of several kilometers.

However, in my mission, I can pass over a Tunguska within 300m and the thing will still not have shot at me. Granted, it's night time, but still, I thought they had radar!? If I fly around it in circles, it eventually opens fire with the cannon, but no missiles. Sometimes Tunguskas on the other side of the map will launch missiles, but only after the one I'm flying past has started firing. What gives?

BTW, enemy skill is up all the way.

And what about the tunguskas behaviour/combatMode? Another idea would be to check what the tunguskas really know about your chopper with nearTargets. The returned information from that command is as stated in the biki "percieved". Thus you may easily check this way, if the tunguska just see's a chopper of unknown side for example. At least this should give you a better picture about what's happening.

Then when everything fails, you may try to write a script/fsm, helping your tunguskas a little (such as increasing the knowAbout-level with reveal, assigning targets once in range, etc...) or maybe some more units scattered around the map, but in the same group as the tunguskas (acting as spotters) already does the trick.

Good luck. ;)