Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ARMA 2: OA beta build 77159

Lol, how did there manage to be 3 threads created for this build? Anyway, AI improvements are always nice, and hopefully there will be more fixes to come.

Thanks Suma

Great improvements in Combat/Danger mode

And Ai repeats much less "Go, go" "covering fire" ".........

Well done.

One question :

I don't see any difference between Danger and stealth apart the way of speaking ?

Edited by EricFr
One question

Cheers BIS!

Supreme developers. :)

BTW if any of you have trouble downloading the new beta you can grab it from >HERE<. Will host it a little while. Bit faster than the original place. ;)

Edited by Alex72

I always thought choppers flew to high before a landing...

Maybe someone should list down the "expected" behaviour of choppers performing landing for the developers to code them ? Seems to have missed everyone expectation from the feedbacks.

Alternatively what build or patch level did you think the helis in all aspects worked better than now?

Nice to see these updates, will test this later.

We need real world video of choppers doing a FAST infiltration and extraction then it needs to be copied.

Can we also get a devs view on stopping the choppers from rising high into the air when we rapidly slow down (ie can the collective be lowered at the same time to avoid these deadly pop-ups ?)

We need real world video of choppers doing a FAST infiltration and extraction then it needs to be copied.

Can we also get a devs view on stopping the choppers from rising high into the air when we rapidly slow down (ie can the collective be lowered at the same time to avoid these deadly pop-ups ?)

http://www.apacheclips.com/media/25432/FLIR_blackhawk_picking_up_wounded/

http://www.apacheclips.com/media/22284/VOTD_-_FLIR_Quick_reaction_force/

http://www.apacheclips.com/media/14650/Apache_FLIR_Video_Afghanistan/

http://www.apacheclips.com/media/1272/US-Special-forces-rescue-italian-hostages-in-Iraq/

I am afraid we will be too busy (or lazy :rolleyes: to register on the forums so at least for me the videos are no go...

All I get is:

The following errors have occurred:

• As a guest you can only view the top 10 featured files, to browse the video archive you need to sign up / login !

I am afraid we will be too busy (or lazy :rolleyes: to register on the forums so at least for me the videos are no go...

All I get is:

The following errors have occurred:

• As a guest you can only view the top 10 featured files, to browse the video archive you need to sign up / login !

i'm sorry but you have just to register...that website is full of good quality content...you won't be disappointed! :)

firefight footage,FLIR videos,theoric weapons lessons...and so on..

I will put them up to youtube tomorrow, so no worries ;)

Thanks mr.charles.

it's good to see choppers getting more loving - they've become a huge part of arma2 for me. in a big way because arma2 looks so much better than most every flight sim out there. So much potential.

I can say the choppers are getting better... they traverse takistan safely, going over mountains and valleys, without ever crashing into the mountains... the same can be said also in chernarus... Heli insertion is much more fun now.

I applaud the devs on their hard work. I use fewer and fewer mods all the time. It is paying off huge and the game in it's current state rocks! Having said that, it is time for the choppers to get some love.

1. The ai need to be able to come in low and slow and land (or hover slightly off the ground) without pitching way up in the sky.

2. Attack helos need the ability to stand off and fight from semi-stationary positions. Get a little use out of that targeting system above the rotors, like pop-up shoot and cover again behind a hill or trees.

3. Can't remember was so excited about the first two.

Edit:

A good example of coming in from high speed to a halt as well as lateral flight! Edited by Khugan

Me and 3 others installed 1.57.77159 and restarted Harvest Red Dogs Of War Mission. Only to run into same problems that we had with 1.57.70077.

If I start mission and play it alone, everything is fine, but almost every time someone joins or we load savegame (which equals joining), one or two of the Razor Team character face icons in the bottom left corner disappear, the human player reports to be spawned as something else than the character he chose when joining and the game will end in about 10 seconds (because the game assumes one of the Razor Team character is dead).

Once we were operating two vehicles with 3 human players and one AI teammate. Me as T-72 driver, the second player as T-72 gunner, the third player as Shilka driver and AI teammate as Shilka gunner. We drove 5 km away from HQ and I used savegame to make sure we would not have to drive that 5km again if something goes wrong. Well it was a mistake. Never use savegame when you are inside a vehicle that was build in Warfare mode or anything may happen when you need to load that savegame.

Eventually one of us died and we had to use that savegame. What happened next was T-72 disappearing completely like it never existed leaving me and one other player 5km away from HQ. Other 2 players who were inside Shilka were teleported to HQ and their vehicle was left Empty next to us. So we lost 5000$ T-72 and 2 members of our team got teleported 5km away. Not a progress we wanted when loading that savegame. This sounds like savegame is not including data for some player positions inside some vehicles and so the game gets confused and decides to place them to mission start location which in this case is HQ.

After that we played like 2 hours and I had to load each savegame 1-3 times before all 4 characters managed to spawn as Razor Team members. Not only human players got spawned in a wrong way but also AI teammembers got spawned incorrectly to wrong team, when just a 2 of us humans were playing and 2 characters were controlled by AI, same thing also happened 2 of 4 face icons disappeared and human player reported he has different weapon, different uniform and different position. Again the first symptom was face icons disappearing. This problem happened about 8 times during our gamesession. So it is not savegame that is corrupted because it will load correctly if you keep trying and trying. There must be something wrong in the game putting Razor Team members when there are multiple factions working as allies (CDF, NAPA, USMC...).

Razor Team members disappearing or spawning to wrong teams was not the only problem we had. Dogs Of War mission was also very instable causing total of 6 game crashes including two old "Out Of Memory"-errors I have not seen since 1.55 patch.

I moved all .RPT files and crash dumps to separate folders, I have savegames, screenshots of face icons disappearing. So if I go through the trouble of making CIT ticket or multiple tickets for these issues any chance these problems are looked into?

I know it is not so common anymore that someone still playing Harvest Red campaign in multiplayer cooperative with the latest patch builds, but I think it would be to everyones advantage if the game would still work with official missions and playing them in multiplayer cooperative should not be overlooked - it is great fun when it works!

Two positive things I must say about this build is that those three USMC helicopters move nicely in formation without crashing to mountains, so good work with all that helicopter pilot AI tweaking. Another positive thing is that the game did not seem to crash to nonowner errors like it used to do with earlier build.

Edited by Hanzu

LRNHRe89I1Q

_ak_7DyP6XE

sekl76YzWHk

bDrj-5Xlt3Q

:yay: Edited by Mr. Charles

Think the speed of some helis are tad too slow. Judging from videos they seem faster. Some improvement was made some patches back though. Still feel tad slow.

I have some strange MP experience with at least 2 of the latest betas - huge desyncs.

During MP session with 4-5 other players on a dedicated server, we were experiencing frequent desynchronizations resulting in totally screwed game.

We could still talk over the in-game VON (or at least i didnt noticed any problems there), and everyone of us were describing different things happening to them while we were on the same place (for example: i was in humwee as gunner along with other player as driver, for me the humvee appeared as waiting in front of a town, but the driver told me he is driving through that town, and constantly yelled at me to shoot some enemies).

Everybody's ping was acceptable (from 60 to 160), but after 3 minutes of playing most of us reached huge desync.

Every player was using the exact same beta version, which was also installed on the server.

Yes, we were using some addons like ACE, CBA, and others, but those were the same addons we use everytime.

It could be that the mission was poorly scripted, but i can't even remember which mission it was, so who knows, but we tried at least three different missions and these desync problems occured in all of them.

We did not notice any indication of any other networking problems.

During the last session yesterday, we decided to try the 1.57 final (not the betas), and everything worked perfectly ok - no desyncs at all.

I admit i didn't gathered enough information which would point on the beta as the source of these problems, but that's why am i asking here - did anybody encountered simmilar problems?

It's hard to tell whether arma has actually got worse recently but certainly I see similar problems to you in recent builds (as I did with early OA releases). FWIW, a typical problem we experience is that despite arma reporting good ping and no desync, the server has a completely out-of-date concept of player position.

To diagnose this I modified a mission to broadcast a publicvariable containing the servers view of a particular players position (actually the flagowner in a CTF game) then displayed the text on the client. I found that the server would regularly consider the player to be stationary for 20 to 30 seconds before briefly 'catching up' for a few seconds and then losing synchronisation again. As I say, this occurred even though my ping was low and there was no displayed desync. I was also the only person on the server so bandwidth was unlikely to have been an issue. When the server gets into this state only a restart seems to fix it.

Okay, I have tried several times, and I have a weird issue with the AI.

The latest beta should have made AI stay in formation better, but it seems the contrary is the case. They run around like crazy (several friendly fire incidents because they were crossing fire arcs) and they generally spread out too far - around 100 meters away. They also tend to run forward a lot, in the movement direction. In spite of being in wedge formation, they form a vee.

It might have something to do with assigning individual targets, but I haven't told them to engange - just set danger mode, select units, press 2, and pick a target from the list.

Anyone else seeing this? I can provide a repro mission if needed.