Sign in to follow this  
Rhodesy77

Rhodesy's Projects

Dangit, there seems to be already too many western stuff IMO. How about some Spetsnaz units (Alfa?) and their sexy Maska-1 helmets? :cc:

hey guys keep the ideas coming, reference pics are also very welcome.

Rangers are coming along nicely, prolly around the 2 weeks mark for release but dont take my word on it, work may get in the way of things... again...

also i wont be doing any north korean stuff GI joe or russian gear, no NK guys cause simply i dont have enough interest in their military to put in 100's of hours into the addon. no gi joe stuff because, well just because... and no russian kit cus RHS and vilas have that side of thing sorted, and i also would have to model alot from scratch.

so as it stands now im thinking of doing some 80's 90's stuff, maybe not US, maybe some UK kit. not sure, this can change quite quickly so please keep the ideas coming.

Cheers

Rhodesy

hey guys keep the ideas coming, reference pics are also very welcome.

Rangers are coming along nicely, prolly around the 2 weeks mark for release but dont take my word on it, work may get in the way of things... again...

also i wont be doing any north korean stuff GI joe or russian gear, no NK guys cause simply i dont have enough interest in their military to put in 100's of hours into the addon. no gi joe stuff because, well just because... and no russian kit cus RHS and vilas have that side of thing sorted, and i also would have to model alot from scratch.

so as it stands now im thinking of doing some 80's 90's stuff, maybe not US, maybe some UK kit. not sure, this can change quite quickly so please keep the ideas coming.

Cheers

Rhodesy

While I'm at work right now, a quick search for jungle in the mod defense image archive (defenseimagearchive.mod.uk I believe) will give some neat results

If you get the base woodland unit done, many of the varieties (jungle, desert, possibly even arctic) are fairly simple changes in terms of either textures or cut of clothes

If you want to learn more in depth sends along a pm and I can get you information

Edited by DaveP

The SEAL team from Medal Of Honor(2010)!

Screens:

http://cdn.medalofhonor.com/sites/default/files/images/motherassault.jpg

http://cdn.medalofhonor.com/sites/default/files/images/PreacherAssault.jpg

http://cdn.medalofhonor.com/sites/default/files/images/VoodooAssault.jpg

BTW the Medal of Honor launch trailer also has some good footage of the SEALs!

Edited by AMS AGENT 000

Yeah, would love to see those, +1! :bounce3:

+1 to the MoH 2010 guys. They were basically the only good thing about that game.

There are already/will be tons of units that look like those units.

80's, 90's and 00's would be the best.

so as it stands now im thinking of doing some 80's 90's stuff, maybe not US, maybe some UK kit.

This would be mega. Would love to see some pre-CS95 British units

If you go with UK units, SAS, SBS or SFSG guys would be badass.

Those from Jackal is superb, better with something nobody already done...! :)

Hello,

Why not some civilians units? Like doctors/nurses, journalists, tourists, ONG, rescue peoples, travellers (with civillian/mountain backpacks and other object/stuffs...) Not necessary soldiers.

What about some normal UK Mech Infantry from the 80's and 90's. They would go great with the A1 Land Rover and the FV432.

Those from Jackal is superb, better with something nobody already done...! :)

oh lol.

Anyways, any idea of what you're gonna work on yet?

Something not so modern would be a cool choice.

What about some normal UK Mech Infantry from the 80's and 90's. They would go great with the A1 Land Rover and the FV432.

Great Idea. 70s would be nice too. :)

Hello,

Why not some civilians units? Like doctors/nurses, journalists, tourists, ONG, rescue peoples, travellers (with civillian/mountain backpacks and other object/stuffs...) Not necessary soldiers.

This is also a very nice idea, civilians are neglected these days anyway - last unique civilian pack is made by Schrapndosel, and it was back in ArmA 1.

hey guys. sorry for my lack of posting in thsi thread lately, work has been taking my time.

At this stage it looks like ill be doing some 90 era brit units, Royal Marine Cdo's. Most likely in tropical, temperate and snow kit, but who knows i may pick up a few smaller projects as i go along.

Also wrt civi's. i can honestly say i have no interest in doing them. Personaly i really only make units/addons that i would like to see myself and my mates play as, something we can use.

anyway guys cheers for the suggestions, if you got more keep em coming, always looking for ideas for future stuff.

Cheers

Rhodesy.

Nice decision, can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

Can't have enough British units :D

Awesome stuff Rhodesy, the Rangers are some class acts, having some more varied brit units on a similar level of quality is a hot topic most definitely

Edited by DaveP

We should Harass Sabre to release his supa mega sexy SASR Reskins that he has posted a few pictures of in the past. :yay: