Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

RIP Major Dick Winters

I had been expecting this since a few years back when the family said that they will no longer reply to fans mail,rest in peace :(

Ladies and gentlemen. It is with great sorrow that I inform you that another Easy Company Soldier has passed away. This time though the individual is was not just a member, but the leader of the "Band of Brothers". Major (Retied) Richard "Dick" Winters has passed away. As the Promotional Manager on the "Battle at Brecourt Manor" documentary I give my regards to Major Winters and his beloved family.

To the ArmA community and others, I will give more details as I receive them. I will be speaking with my friend Don Malarkey and our documentaries executive producer (and friend) Vance Day.

Justin Alderman

Promotional Manager

Website Administrator

"The Battle at Brecourt Manor" Documentary

Office: (503) 877-5015

www.brecourtmanor.net

Sad news, thanks for what he and all others did for us.

Rest in peace.

May you rest in peace, The world owes you a debt that can never be repaid, and is less of a place due to your passing.

God speed.

Very sad news. A true hero, whose tactic for disabling static defence is still used I believe.

Rest in peace, Major. What you did for us will not be forgotten.

He was amazing, and so is Damian Lewis portraying as him!

The passing of a true legend, an part of the great generation that allowed all of to have what we have today. Richard Winters dead @92 all of u probably know he was one of the maj characters for the Band of Brothers mini series. Sry tried to post link of it but would'nt work.

th_thumb_5792ab90ddae4f268d86cca4455e8d8e-5792ab90ddae4f268d86cca4455e8d8e-0.jpg

th_Dick_Winters_November_1944.jpg

On behalf of myself and the AGE Clan we would like to express our condolances at the passing of a great man (as ALL vets are).:pray:

Have both the book and the DVD, love them.

Judging from them, I admire Winters a lot as a person and a commander. Truly sad news. RIP

Geez! Had never watch 'Band Of Brothers' but have recorded all 10 episodes on sky as the whole series was played 2 per night for 5 days over xmas!

Watched the 1st 8 and have the last 2 episodes to go!

R.I.P :icon_sad:

Edited by ck-claw

Yeah. RIP! My condelences to his family.

Own both the book and the DVD series.

The book is even better.

kind regards

Rest in peace, you've earned it.