Sign in to follow this  
SB Interactive

[CAMP][SP][A2][UNS] Operation Lowlands

Okay. I am assuming because of lack of response that the mission posted yesterday was really bad. Then I play, and realize it is. I had had the vegitation turned off by accident when I was testing the mission, and didn't realize how impossible it would be with the vegitation turned on. So now, I am keeping vegitation on for the rest of missions I make. Lesson learned. So I am trying again with a brand new trial mission. Give feedback please.

Description: Operation Lowlands is just beginning. Replacements have arrived to fill holes in squads, and leaders have been briefed on their objectives. The US Army is to secure the Lowlands, driving the NVA and VC out of the region, and creating trust between the US Military and the locals.

InstallationBecause this is the trial mission, you will have to install to Missions folder for now, but if this goes well and the campaign does get fully released, I will tell you to install to campaign.

Required AddOns: UnSung Mod

Very Highly Recommended but not required AddOns: JTD Fire and Smoke Group Link 4

Download: MegaUpload

Original Mission: MegaUpload

Feedback and CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism much appreciated. Enjoy.

Edited by SB Interactive

I'll bite.

Downloading the requirement now, so it might be a while before I have any feedback.

Edit:

Ok, not a bad intro. Unfortunately I have not been able to progress much due to some soldiers refusing to move. I don't know if this is due to your scripting, Unsung itself, or the beta I am running. When I have been able to play, it was fun and I see much replay value in your mission.

I had to restart the mission several times to get a squad in which none of the soldiers were stuck. The squad you get seems to be random from what I can tell, and that is nice, but I would like to see a m60 gunner and a medic in the group. In the times I restarted and received the new squads I did see medics occasionally, but never a 60 gunner. Also the squad generation is a bit slow, but I could live with that since it appears to only be at mission start up. The red clay of Vietnam is, I think, over done in it's red color, but this is no fault of yours, but a preference of the map builder.

I liked the atmosphere very much. I liked the freedom to do things as I wanted. I liked the getting intel from fallen VC though there bodies are hard to locate sometimes in the foliage. I take this as just part of the fun of playing in a tropical environment. I never got to play long enough to get to use the choppers or artillery, but I am excited to see how that plays out.

Keep up the good work.

Khugan

Edited by Khugan

Thank you for the review. It seems you have been playing the first mission. I strongly suggest you try the mission I just posted a little before you made your post. It limits freedom some, but 1) you are the medic 2) There are twists and surprises to the mission 3)foilage never gets too thick 4)It supports a better story line. I will reupload the original mission I had up when I get home today.

Why does this scenario have to autoload? Why cant players select it from the scenario menu that way we can use a launcher to load the required @uns mod. As my ARMAII icon doesnt have any mods attached to it. How can you load this game in the scenario main menu?

Why does this scenario have to autoload? Why cant players select it from the scenario menu that way we can use a launcher to load the required @uns mod. As my ARMAII icon doesnt have any mods attached to it. How can you load this game in the scenario main menu?

???

If you are asking how to add this mission to your scenario list, you take the .pbo file put in the addon link, and put it in your Arma2/Missions folder. Nonsteam Vista/7 should be put in C:/ProgramFiles/BohemiaInteractive/Arma2/Missions

I don't know about non steam, but my assumption is the same, except you have to find the Arma2 folder in the steamapps folder. Which should make the directory something like C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/arma2/missions. Not positive though as I do not have the steam version.

In order to make the UNSUNG mod work, you need to first download and install it using the standard modfolder technique. You then need to start up A2, and where it says expansions, click on the @UNSUNG mod. Idk if you need arrowhead for that method. If you do and you only have A2, rightclick you A2 icon, and at the end of properties add (i think) -mod=@Unsung;@GL4;@JTD <<That says that it needs to run the unsung, group link 4 and JTD mods. If you want just the unsung mod, add -mod=@Unsung.

NOTE: Your mod will be called whatever you called the modfolder. So if you called it @Unsung, you should put -mod=@Unsung. If you called it @UNS, you should put -mod=@UNS. hope this solved whatever issue you had, although i really didn't understand you question, so this may all have been for not :D

Edited by SB Interactive

yeah I think I double clicked the .pbo file and it ran it.

Can't get Megaupload in my part of the world. Could you link it elsewhere?

Thanks

Hey SB, Don't take lack of feedback as an indication of problems. Sometimes its just hard to get through every mission. That being said, I'll try this out tonight hopefully.

Great, will try out and feedback on this campaign. Thanks for the rare NAM campaign.

Muahaha and nubbin, you have inspired me to get back to work. I am currently stuck at work because of a major snowstorm here in the US, but when i get home, I will begin work on the campaign again.

Brilliant mission! Very detailed! There isn't a way to put the helmet on your character is there? Annoying me that he isn't wearing it....

Also I had another less slight issue. Went into a large village, viewed what type of people the civilians there were and it came up in red ass "Rifleman". So naturally I disposed of them (Positively making sure they were riflemen before killing" when all of my men opened fire on me and killed me. Explanations?

Edited by Diggdydog

Hi,

I realise you may have moved on to other missions by now, but I am having a slight problem with the campaign. In the first mission I am supposed to follow orders while we search villages, however in the first engagement the officer always gets killed and I am left in charge.

When I eventually managed to kill the VC on that first hill, no task updates and I am not sure what to do next. Is this a sandbox and I am just supposed to go and find stuff (which is fine) or should the task have completed somehow.

This mission is very, very hard by the way ;-)

BTW, you can always switch to the next browser to make Megaupload working properly.

Hey, I didn't think about that. Thanks and thanks for the upload!