lightspeed_aust

Ghost Recon - Island Thunder campaign

Just a quick question, am I right in believing that the Lingor Island and Units d/l's each need their own '@' folder in the OA directory? I'm looking forward to trying this out, as I absolutely loved the original GR before it became GRAWful... :cool:

You can put them all in one @modname\addons folder or put them in two separate @mod1\addons and @mod2\addons folders. Its up to you.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply.:)

An update for all the GR fans - I will be doing a GR pack with all of the missions I have created for both Podagorsk and Island Thunder - working out all the bugs and adding several missions that were never part of either of these campaigns. It will be Vanilla GR COOP and possible SP. No timeframe for release but I will look at all the threads and try to fix everything that is broke and maybe update a few missions slightly to make it fresh. I will remove the Fast Rope Addon from all missions bcoz there have been some issues and will instead revert to the chopper landing.

Will make a total of at least 20 missions and I have a couple more which I've been working on recently so could go higher. After this update then we wait for Arma3.

Regards Lighty.

DUUUUDE! COOOL! SP would be a big big + for me, bro.

Wait. Did I already say this in another thread?

i've been running around the immediate vicinity around the radar station but can't...really cant find the pilots in mission 3...can anybody, like, pm me for their location? thanks heaps!

@Lighty: really looking forward to the refresh of your COOP version of GR: Island Thunder, particularly on the new version of Lingor!

UPDATE: last night we played our first COOP campaign on Lingor. It was awesome! The island is just begging for more missions. However we really felt like we barely scratched the surface. So we can't wait to try out your new version of GR: IT. Any luck with your upgrades?

Edited by domokun

Download link for SP Campaign 2.2 doesn't seem to work.

Podagorsk is done, now I turn my attention to GR:IT :)

And I will see about adding another couple of missions.

Woohoo!

IMHO Lingor is woefully underused for campaigns (as well as Panthera and Duala), coop campaigns are even rarer still!

IIRC there are only 2 other coop campaigns, both from W0lle

Really looking forward to your work

Download link for SP Campaign 2.2 doesn't seem to work.

Indeed, which is a shame because this campaign looks interesting.

Armaholic links work for both versions (SP and Coop 2.2)

- Ghost Recon: Island Thunder Co-09 (@) v2.2

- Ghost Recon: Island Thunder (@) v2.2

Later.

I'd love to try this but there seems to be some problems...

SP campaign : locks the game up the moment I try to run it and I have to end it in task manager. Tried in my v1.6 game and up to date v1.62 game - both the same.

CO : Tried in both single player and co-op MP and missions 1, 2 and 3 come up with, "you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.sampleenvsounds", so won't start. The names seem a little messed up too, as the archive files names contain mis2, mis3, mis5, mis6 and mis8 only.

* I don't know whether this helps or not, but when I suspend out of each of the working CO missions, it comes up with "UPSMON.sqf not found".

EDIT 1 : I found this link to an older "fixed" version of the SP campaign, which at least starts : http://www.arma2jedra.co.uk/Addons/GRIT_Campaign.rar

Edit 2 : But can't do anything with the two containers in the first mission, so will have to -endmission.

Edit 3 : Too many missions either don't work or finish early, so I've given up on it.

Edited by HackerSlasher

I'd love to try this but there seems to be some problems...

SP campaign : locks the game up the moment I try to run it and I have to end it in task manager. Tried in my v1.6 game and up to date v1.62 game - both the same.

CO : Tried in both single player and co-op MP and missions 1, 2 and 3 come up with, "you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted.sampleenvsounds", so won't start. The names seem a little messed up too, as the archive files names contain mis2, mis3, mis5, mis6 and mis8 only.

* I don't know whether this helps or not, but when I suspend out of each of the working CO missions, it comes up with "UPSMON.sqf not found".

EDIT 1 : I found this link to an older "fixed" version of the SP campaign, which at least starts : http://www.arma2jedra.co.uk/Addons/GRIT_Campaign.rar

Edit 2 : But can't do anything with the two containers in the first mission, so will have to -endmission.

Edit 3 : Too many missions either don't work or finish early, so I've given up on it.

Yep we'll the map got changed and killed a bunch of m missions and I don't have time to update. Disappointing but shit happens.

Yep we'll the map got changed and killed a bunch of m missions and I don't have time to update. Disappointing but shit happens.

Appreciate the reply. A shame for sure but shit happens as you say.

Good luck out there.

Aw... too bad, i wanted to try this in the holidays, but the campaign won't start.

i hope you'll have time in the future to update. Original Ghost Recon: island thunder was awsome.

i'll try the Podagorsk campaign, which is working okay so far.

Have a great holiday and happy new year. Cheers.

I just re-edit your coop missions (I guess it's not so different from the campaign) and it works fine: you have to remove one word from the mission files and it's done. (of course I didn't fix all missions of the campaign, just only two, but I plan to do it with more missions from the campaign - but not the single player, but the coop version)

I hope you get the time to update them sometime. I was really looking forward to playing these. I just love the GR atmosphere in your missions!

"Jaguar Maze" mission played on the CiA coop server. Thanks for the great campaign Lightspeed! I hope we'll see more of your work.

"Jaguar Maze" mission played on the CiA coop server. Thanks for the great campaign Lightspeed! I hope we'll see more of your work.

Can you confirmt that you were able to play through the entire campaign on the new Lingor?

Can you confirmt that you were able to play through the entire campaign on the new Lingor?

we played missions 1,2 and 3 (that's the one on the video) with no bugs that I can remember. I am not sure but I think that the version we have is a tweaked version I got from a public server though, since our version does not include respawnvive (maybe only GROUP type respawn).

bardosy, if I were to edit my SP missions would it come down to a single word change too?

Thanks, OP