lightspeed_aust

Ghost Recon - Island Thunder campaign

Hey Lightspeed, amazing campaign. Unfortunately I'm not sure how to replace Mission 3 in the SP Campaign with the updated .pbo file. I've read that I'm supposed to just put it in the same folder as the campaign (i.e. in the Operation Arrowhead/Campaigns folder), but this doesn't fix the problem. Am I missing something? Thanks!

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

Hey, just wanted to let anyone who has the same problem that I figured out a workaround solution.

1. Go to Armaholic and download PBO View.

2. Open PBO View and then use the Unpack button to find and open the Island Thunder campaign .pbo (should be in your Operation Arrowhead/Campaigns folder).

3. In the new folder you've created (which contains the contents of the the Island Thunder campaign .pbo, navigate to the third mission, and then to scripts. One of the scripts, powsecure, is actually a .txt file. Change the file type to .sqf (don't change the name of the file).

4. Remove the original Island Thunder campaign .pbo from your Campaigns folder (move it to desktop, just to be safe).

4. Open PBO View again, and click the Pack button, select the folder you created using the Unpack button, and then click OK. This will create a new .pbo which has the same name as the original Island Thunder campaign .pbo. This should have been created in the Campaigns folder, but if it's not, put it there.

5. You should be able to rescue the pilots now!

Hope this helps.

Has anyone figured out how to fix the problem in Mission 6 with the guerillas being set to friendly?

Sad to see that the campaign hasn't been fixed yet.

I think Lightspeed has been busy and he's prolly also waiting for Icebreaker to release his much-anticipated update for Lingor

hi guys sorry - not forgotten - unfortunately one of the down sides to making missions like anything labour intensive is that you burn out - i just could not bring myself to open editor and patch.

but i will be very shortly - in line with Icebreakrs big island update - i will fix all the annoying bugs in the missions and then turn my attention to Island Thunder part2.

can i say give me about 1 month for the fixes - just finishing off GR:Podagorsk missions.

Lighty.

working on fixes/enhancements to several missions at the moment.

Has anyone figured out how to fix the problem in Mission 6 with the guerillas being set to friendly?

Mission 6 - fixed - plus more realistic number of opfor moving on polling center, defending city, etc. Polling Center will no longer blow up if infiltrated by opfor.

hi am playing sp campaign and at 3rd mission where a c 130 is down i find the pilots and a get a script error when am near them ..its something about powersecure.sqf something like this

i press pilot when i am near them but nothing so unfortunately i cant finish mission cause pilots dont come with me

Mission 3 - fixed - and reworked a number of things to make it better and easier to locate pilot (removed 1 pilot). rewrote the briefing. chopper should actually pick you up for extract now.

Mission 8 - some general improvements and removal of triggers which could cause an issue for the gameplay (Ordonez will no longer flee). Removed Sepia Filter.

Mission 2 - fixed extraction so chopper shows up.

Mission 5 - improved the hostage rescue script so any member of squad can pick up Ordonez and control him. Reduced number of opfor reinforcements. Removed the eliminate Ordonez timer.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

working on fixes/enhancements to several missions at the moment.

Great stuff - it's a pain in the arse to return to something you wrote a while ago (I know, I am a developer!), so any updates are much appreciated. These and the Podagorsk missions are my favourite. Looking forward to seeing the Ghosts on Duala sometime in the future too.

note fixes in post above - will place into new campaign folder soon.

i am hoping all of the campaign will play out better with the new 1.60 which improves ability to hide in grass.

campaign update on first page and here - http://www.gamefront.com/files/21134254/GRIT_Campaign_2.2.rar

coop mission updates - http://www.gamefront.com/files/21134800/GRIT_coop_2.2.rar

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

Thanks for the update, i started playing your earlier version few days ago, but to end few missions i use endmission cheat becose of bugs. But now i see you fix the problems that i have so i will play 2nd time. It is

very good campaign.

Yeah, but some of them are really old and short/simple im made them when arma 2 was released in 2009 :) and now im only made english version, i have 7 more to translate but dont have to much time now for this.

Hi

Have you got another link for the SP campaign as the gamefront one is down?

Hi Lightspeed,

Your link to the campaign version 2.2 seems to be broken for me. Any chance you can check it out.

Edit: NVM...just read dovemans post.

Thanks

Can´t play this camp with the latest Lingor Island 1.37 (Lite) and Lingor Units. After i choose the dificult level the game freezes and crashes. No mods using here.

Edited by Geraldus

yep with the latest version there is a reference to sounds which is not contained in the mission.sqm

pain in the a$$ to fix so will see what happens.

working on a new coop campaign now so......

Normally to solve this, you need to break open the mission, load it in the editor and save it again. I'll try it in a while - just in the middle of something.

As an aside, Steam are selling the full Ghost Recon pack at the moment for just over £7....

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter® 2 ,

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Desert Siege™,

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Island Thunder™,

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter®,

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®

You can pick up Island Thunder for 75p - yes, less than a quid!

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

I fixed the 'not starting' error in this campaign with the new version of the Island. I have PM'd Lightspeed with a link.

Lightspeed has given permission for me to host a quick-fixed version of the SP Campaign. This just fixes the freeze issue with the new version of Lingor. Any other problems due to location changes may still be apparent...

Hot-fixed Campaign

Jedra: does your quick-fix work in MP environment?

Jedra: does your quick-fix work in MP environment?

Nope - I only changed the SP campaign. The MP missions should be easy for you to change though - all you need to do is de-pbo them, remove all references to "sampleenvsounds" in mission.sqm and re-pbo. I think only 3 or 4 of the 8 missions need changing.