lightspeed_aust

Ghost Recon - Island Thunder campaign

This is another version of ACE 2 used by Phoenix Soldiers for COOP...thanx silent for this.

Link:

http://phoenixsoldiers.org/dl/GRIT-V2_PhoenixSoldiers.7z

Phoenix Soldiers ACE2 version

-No revive script running

-No respawn

-No JIP 5 second death penalty

-ACE2 wounding system

-ACE2 markers off

-No additional kits in the insert vehicles

-ACE2 backpack system with PXS packed kits

-Hunt IR monitor and rounds added to the team leader's kit

-Modified Sniper kit (has a backup M4)

-**Adjusting the teams grouping for helicopter inserts. Allowing late joiners to join after the helicopter leaves.

this can be added to SP and works really well but as i said i am not modifying these missions anymore - feel free to search forums for how to unpack pbo and then add HCC.

my future SP missions i will readd - but time is short and i want to turn my attention to new GR missions.

Thanks Lightspeed, I'll send the link to Armaholic later. One change I forgot to mention, the helicopter in the missions 1, 3, and 8 have been changed to setcaptive=false. The inserts are sometimes hot, sometimes. The "sometimes" all depends on what ArmA has the tangos do at different times. The insertion helicopter flight height was also lowered to tree top level, making the flight in more realistic and hair raising.

silent_op

With all these additions, changes and bug fixes are you planning to release a new version of the SP campaign that includes all these renovations?

This campaign looks great and it definitly brings me back the memories of the old Ghost Recon.

But nevertheless I have the following sugestion:

- Please, bring back (as you had in the first co-op pack) the First Aid module. This would make these missions much more emmersive and more survivable at the same time.

a new version of the SP campaign that includes all these renovations

version 2 is on front page

Mission 2 - While searching the buildings and clearing the objective -

All players whent unconssious and mission failed

Need help starting up the campaign, which I've tried several times, to no avail.

I try to start it up through Single Player, but do I need to start it through Multiplayer? I wish that the compressed folder had more info in regards to this, especially for brand new Arma 2 players, such as myself.

Any detailed help would be greatly appreciated. And "Yes," all of the addons are present--I'm trying to play the non-ACE version.

Thanks in advance!

I've been able to get the campaign running, but at the start of Mission 3 the screen goes back, and I get this error statement:

No entry 'Campaigns\c09_grit_mis3_v2-1.lingor\description.ext campaign'

I installed the mission patch that was provided in box 1, but where do I put it, if that is the culprit? Am I missing anymore addons, or...?

Thanks!

This has been a great campaign. I've been able to complete all the missions except for Jaguar Maze with the pilot rescue script problem.

I'm having a major problem with mission 6 at the polling center. The enemy soldiers appear as friendlies and are not hostile. They don't shoot at me and my squad doesn't shoot at them. When I shoot the enemy soldiers, my squad members shoot and kill me because they think I'm shooting friendlies.

Also, the Hummer always explodes about 5 minutes into the mission and I get a "Mission Failure" message. I can't drive the Hummer to a different spot and there don't appear to be explosives to disable.

After the mission fails, I can go on to mission 7 but I'd like to complete mission 6 successfully.

This has been a great campaign. I've been able to complete all the missions except for Jaguar Maze with the pilot rescue script problem.

Yes, I have the exact same problem! BTW, is there any way to solve this?

I just wish that this problem gets solved as soon as possible...

Hi there

1.) This is my second play through and I had to cheat with endmission in Jaguar Maze, as all others due to the missing pilot rescue script. Moreover when heading to the extraction point the exfill chopper don't show up.

2.) Mission 5 Rapid Pyton

This mission ends nearly immediately for me. I am able to complete only 1 objective out of four.

as soon as I close on the village I extract Ordonez and the mission ends.

3.) Mission 6

I have the same problem here as Biggins. The ARL is set to friendly, when I shoot them I got shot by my own guys. There's no way to defend the the polling center. After some time the bomb goes off and the mission failes. BTW what triggers the bomb to go off?

4.) There's also an error in the structure of the campaign description ext which has as result a CTD

I hope that this will get fixed in an update. It is a real pitty if this brilliant campaign remains with this flaws.

kind regards

Edited by nettrucker
added content

Hi,

Just wanted to say how brilliant these missions are - a joy to play. I am converting the ACE multiplayer versions into ACE Single player versions - so I can have that ACE goodness in single player.

I also have these missions rolling on my dedicated server. They make a change from the usual Evo/Dom stuff that's out there.

I did have Ghost Recon back in the day, but time, alcohol, kids (and then more alcohol!) have made their mark and I can't remember much about them. I dug the disks out of the loft today - will see if they install.

Anyway, any more stuff you do like this will be gratefully received.

Hey Lightspeed,

Have there been anymore mission videos made?

The first three were awesome

hey guys - been away and busy for a while - i notice there are a few bugs that continue to pop up. i will address these at some point in the near future and release updated version - might even relocate some patrols, etc to give it a new lease of life.

but in addition, i have taken a good break from editing missions, feel highly motivated and have started a new GR campaign based on the original campaign but moving to a new location.

ultimately, i will probably release the new campaign along with updates to the original - and perhaps some of the earlier work i've done - which could turn into about 20 missions in the style of GR.

the new campaign will be built in ACE2 and focus on MP, however, should be playable in SP too via the LAN - I will post a new thread shortly for the campaign updates - GR: Podagorsk.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

Hello Again,

I'm very happy to hear of your future plans Lightspeed, and wish you great success.

Could someone please help in regards to how I'm supposed to use the patch for this campaign, such as which directories the files are supposed to go into? My original Help request is here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1922927&postcount=232

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

^^^

Are you playing the SP campaign? If that is the case, then there are no addons required.

If it is a patch, just throw it into the Campaigns folder and it will over ride the first one.

Just a few simple words : this Island Thunder Campaign is nothing but amazing. I had a really great time playing it.

I've seen you have a new ghost recon project. I can't wait playing it :yay:

Thank you for you time and dedication.

^^^

Are you playing the SP campaign? If that is the case, then there are no addons required.

If it is a patch, just throw it into the Campaigns folder and it will over ride the first one.

Thanks again for your feedback Kommiekat. You have got to be one of the most helpful community members around.

I already did as you said. Looks like I have to try to play through it once more to see more precisely what the issue might be. Your feedback has helped narrow the search.

Apologies again to those who have had issues - I will do a final update soon.

Also, I will be commencing work on Island Thunder 2 soon. A new campaign, a new island and a new enemy.

Apologies again to those who have had issues - I will do a final update soon.

Also, I will be commencing work on Island Thunder 2 soon. A new campaign, a new island and a new enemy.

Thanks Lightspeed_aust

good news.

thanks a lot

cheers

I'm having a major problem with mission 6 at the polling center. The enemy soldiers appear as friendlies and are not hostile. They don't shoot at me and my squad doesn't shoot at them. When I shoot the enemy soldiers, my squad members shoot and kill me because they think I'm shooting friendlies.

Also, the Hummer always explodes about 5 minutes into the mission and I get a "Mission Failure" message. I can't drive the Hummer to a different spot and there don't appear to be explosives to disable.

After the mission fails, I can go on to mission 7 but I'd like to complete mission 6 successfully.

same problem here on mission 6 (SP) anyway very good job Lightspeed, amazing campaign

Hey Ligthspeed sorry for not providing you the ghost recon units , they weren't 100 % perfect ,and i had to leave modding for a while question of time and maybe motivation gone away..

So , soon ill start transferring GR maps into arma 2 one by one , starting with the , Georgian campaign , the origmiss one , and maybe make em bigger and add 2 or 3 more things .

M01_Caves

M02_Farm

M03_rrbridge

M04........

So what about making a origmiss campaign :P?

Or maybe just keep training yourself on this IT , campaign so you adquire enough skill for the campaign of all the origmiss map :P

Edited by deltaGhost

Lightspeed_aust: did you tweak difficulty in the missions themselves? They are kinda "sniper-like" ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

hi am playing sp campaign and at 3rd mission where a c 130 is down i find the pilots and a get a script error when am near them ..its something about powersecure.sqf something like this

i press pilot when i am near them but nothing so unfortunately i cant finish mission cause pilots dont come with me:(