lightspeed_aust

Ghost Recon - Island Thunder campaign

This version is taking a little longer than I expected, almost done. Just found some issues while testing on our server. The finished product should be Lightspeed's missions, with the following changes.

2)Phoenix Soldiers ACE2 version

-No revive script running

-No respawn

-No JIP 5 second death penalty

-ACE2 wounding system

-ACE2 markers off

-No additional kits in the insert vehicles

-ACE2 backpack system with PXS packed kits

-Modified Sniper kit (has a backup M4)

-**-Adjusting the teams grouping for helicopter inserts. Allowing late joiners to join after the helicopter leaves.

silent_op

Played standard coop missions 1, 2 and 3 last night. We enjoyed the missions but there was an error in mission 3. When we discovered the pilots in the hills there was an error message saying "pilotrecover" script was missing so we couldn't complete the mission.

This is a very minor thing but I notived when in Mission 1-3 as you walk on open ground at times it sounds like your wading through water. So I tried wading through water on a short stretch of beach (mission 1) and got none of this at first. Like I said, just trivial stuff in the skeem of things. p.s. Love it so far even though we've had our collective (2 of us) arses handed to us nearly every time so far. LOL

I think the water thing may have something more to do with the Map than the missions, maybe report it in the lingor thread. Are you using a soundmod becuase I know that custom sounds are for lingor, and I think when your walking through "wet mud" it does tend to sound more like splashy water which isnt the best sound effect choice.

Ayway, nice to see this updated without the revive in SP .. and campaign too, thanks for that, will give this a good try this week.

I have also noticed the water sound problem as i am using Jarheads Sound Mod. Maybe loading Lingor Island after Jarheads mod may fix it. The sounds are correct when using vanilla sound. Only played the first mission in singleplayer but loving it so far. Nice one Lightspeed.

i believe if you have other island addons running you could get issues here n there - best to deactivate them first.

Other islands really shouldn't cause issues. If you run a sound mod and have sound problems, I think you know where to point the blaming finger at ;)

Thx, downloading. I like GR1 series very much, so looking forward for DS and Original campaign :)

P.S. So how is ArmA 2 after GR for you?

About the water splashing sound - its a feature not a bug. You are walking over a wet mud and therfor it makes that kind of sound. There's a lot of mud on island NE or near the river banks. Also wheeled vehicles have trouble travelling over it.

I have played 1 mission. So I have some suggestions:

1. More music from GR ( or other suitable )

2. Not so large team under player`s command. I suggest to divide it to alpha/bravo/charlie using High Command module. I think it is more "GR like".

3. Skip time when chopper gets to LZ at start. Just place it in 100-200 meters near.

4. Reduce bot-skill a little. Because even on "newbie" difficulty in settings they was a bit hard.

5. Use models and weapons, that was able to choose in GR campaign. Gilly suit for sniper, no ACOGs ( I remember ACOG only at M4SOPMOD and SA-80 and I more weapon I forgot )

But it is only suggestions. Thx for your work.

I wouldn't touch the AI skill, keep it on max and let players tone it done via difficulty settings. You can always customize the ai skill/precision to even lower than "recruit" if you click "edit" in the options, however if you lower it in the editor there is no way to increase it back to max (except *maybe* with setting "superAI" on, but even expert difficulty has that off by default).

i wont be editing these missions again - not in the near future anyway - only bug fixing.

but anyone can edit them and play them as they wish.

i believe mission 8 had an issue in coop at least which i need to examine.

So how is ArmA 2 after GR for you?

Arma2 is the sequel that GR fans never got after Desert Siege.

i wont be editing these missions again - not in the near future anyway - only bug fixing.

but anyone can edit them and play them as they wish.

i believe mission 8 had an issue in coop at least which i need to examine.

I was able to recreate the bug again. Priego was secured as soon as I walked up to the wall of his compound.

Again, we approached from the east, past the helicopter, up the hill to the eastern wall. Then the Ghost Recon credits / music start to play, and the mission eventually ends.

silent_op

Yes, I did like the credits. It felt like the original mission end, in GR1. All of the missions have a very nice GR1 feel to them.

By the way, I've finished the Phoenix Soldiers' version. I'd like to release it. I'll send it to you first. I think you and the Sparta guys will enjoy it.

silent_op

I assume because you busy on the next expansion pack missions? :)

sry for the noobishness, but was wondering how one directs your squadmates. in the original gr, you could set positions/routes/waypoints for your squadmates as well as their posture (recon, assault,suppress).

is this possible in this mod? i read somewhere about the 'high command' mode but am unsure about how to access it.

is this possible in this mod?

This isn't a mod. This is a mission pack...

sry for the noobishness, but was wondering how one directs your squadmates. in the original gr, you could set positions/routes/waypoints for your squadmates as well as their posture (recon, assault,suppress).

is this possible in this mod? i read somewhere about the 'high command' mode but am unsure about how to access it.

I've never played around with the High Command module, but I think you need to add the module to the missions, via the editor. I'm also not sure if it works in MP COOP or on dedicated servers.

silent_op

This is another version of ACE 2 used by Phoenix Soldiers for COOP...thanx silent for this.

Link:

http://phoenixsoldiers.org/dl/GRIT-V2_PhoenixSoldiers.7z

Phoenix Soldiers ACE2 version

-No revive script running

-No respawn

-No JIP 5 second death penalty

-ACE2 wounding system

-ACE2 markers off

-No additional kits in the insert vehicles

-ACE2 backpack system with PXS packed kits

-Hunt IR monitor and rounds added to the team leader's kit

-Modified Sniper kit (has a backup M4)

-**Adjusting the teams grouping for helicopter inserts. Allowing late joiners to join after the helicopter leaves.

High Command module

this can be added to SP and works really well but as i said i am not modifying these missions anymore - feel free to search forums for how to unpack pbo and then add HCC.

my future SP missions i will readd - but time is short and i want to turn my attention to new GR missions.