lightspeed_aust

Ghost Recon - Island Thunder campaign

I think somewhere in this thread it mentions climbing to the radar. They should be within 150 meters of that area. Not sure if this will help as I never found them when I played. And to your spawning question....they are set to random spawn.

Awesome missions though.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Here: Quick copy and paste from page 11 thread.

Quote:

Where are the downed pilots that you have to rescue in the 3rd mission? They're not at the antenna dish or any where around?

briefing says head to high ground and look around - i would suggest heading to the radar and getting out your binoculars then have a really good look around. they are within 100-150 meters of you.

The radar station is the 1st place I went to, and I sure did have a good look around. No trace of the crew.

The briefing also says something about they being holed up in some buildings, and I searched every single room of the airfield and radar station: no joy.

Then I started looking around in wider and wider circles, but still came up empty... :(

That's why I was wondering whether they disappear after awhile, or if they could maybe get caught or killed by the baddies.

I came upon the pilots around the vicinity of the radar but not at the radar itself or the buildings. They were found crouched with silencers drawn.

I think it would have been better to have them bound and gagged in one of the buildings.

Seems the mission tasks are out of order. The book is located so close, might as well get that done before taking out the AA, imha.

yes the pilots werent where i thought they were when i went back to look - so i apologize but version 1.1 will take care of that.

i moved the pilots bcoz they did not move down the mountain properly in their original spot - was like they got caught on a rock.

so next version which i will upload shortly will have everything where it should be.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Here's another vid for ya - I recommend watching at 1080 - we are doing these missions live every weekend -

No worries mate, at least now I know I haven't gone blind!

And I got a nice walking tour of Lingor in the process ;).

Great missions for an outstanding island.

Nice video work again Lightspeed. Keep the videos coming. :bounce3:

The version 1.1 you mentioned, is that for all 8 missions?

On the Angel Rage mission, the helicopter never showed for us. We were all standing on the extraction. We played it on our dedicated server. Is that what happened for you guys, on the Sparta dedicated server?

In the versions I'm running on our server, I toned down the fog a lot. I did this mainly because it seems like the tangos can see right through the fog, but we can't. If the tangos were also visually impaired by the fog, It would be very cool. In your next GR missions I'll leave the fog (if any) and give it another shot.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op.pxs

yeh i noticed/found out that the fog is not synched to each client so one guy sees fog while another sees clear and the AI see only blue sky and happy days lol.

it is all fixed in 1.1 - many improvements.

Even when you set everything correctly you will still get some players with less fog than others, because even with a given fog setting the fog level varies a little bit over time, and that variation happens locally for each client and thus can be different for each of them.

Additionally, setting higher view distance seems to somewhat reduce the effect of fog, even if it was already set to much higher than what the fog limits you to (say, if fog is heavy so you can only see 200m away and your view distance is set to 1000, increasing view distance will reduce fog a little bit). Of course if everyone have the same view distance in the mission this isn't a real issue.

it is all fixed in 1.1 - many improvements.

Will it be packed in campaign format or still the same format as before?

Congrats for getting on PC Gamer's website, Lightspeed_aust. ;)

Wow, just saw this on PC gamer. Congrats to you dudes!!

I loved this remark by someone:

"The organised teamplay looks good, but it’s never that way when played with pick up groups. Having played on a stuffed PC Gamer sever with 45 players I think there are things ARMA2 could do to improve teamplay among random groups.

I’d take a couple of hints from Battlefield:

- Hotkey reticle spotting. Having people verbally spot people is great… until 45 people are yammering at once. Good radio comms are never going to happen with randoms. Hoykey spotting like in Battlefield allows people to participate in the group recon without having to shout over everyone else.

- Readjustable fireteams

Often coop maps either have no fireteams (everyone is their own squadleader) or it has them but their purpose is unknown from the select screen. Everyone piles into random groups and then does their own thing. If you copied Battlefield’s squad select or lone wolf mechanism it would be easier to form groups on public servers."

So true so true.

Will it be packed in campaign format or still the same format as before?

i am having one issue with mission 6 not wanting to load on dedi server - once i figure that out then i will wrap up MP 1.1

and convert the missions to SP 1.1 - and a friend of mine will convert them to a campaign format.

just quickly - played Ocean Forge the other day with guys - took 1 hour 20 to complete with 3 or 4 casualties (only 1 heal each and then death). was a gr8 mission.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:54 PM ----------

Even when you set everything correctly you will still get some players with less fog than others, because even with a given fog setting the fog level varies a little bit over time, and that variation happens locally for each client and thus can be different for each of them.

Additionally, setting higher view distance seems to somewhat reduce the effect of fog, even if it was already set to much higher than what the fog limits you to (say, if fog is heavy so you can only see 200m away and your view distance is set to 1000, increasing view distance will reduce fog a little bit). Of course if everyone have the same view distance in the mission this isn't a real issue.

yes i dont mind so much if fog is not same for everyone as long as its not zero visibility - i am actually going to test to see if the zero visibility fog is related to the weather and not the fog itself (which seems to be more like a fog of war).

Lightspeed, Just watched the 2 movies made by papercut. WOW.

Your dedication to this is outstanding and the level of detail is off the chart. Well done mate. As soon as I finish up the delta force camp. this is next one my list.

Great work.

"Get that man a New!"

Yes mate we have had the evav chopper just fly bye, not a bigge as all missions have issues and it has been a joy to play Lightspeeds GR.IT versions

EDIT in reply to this my bad

On the Angel Rage mission, the helicopter never showed for us. We were all standing on the extraction. We played it on our dedicated server. Is that what happened for you guys, on the Sparta dedicated server?

i will be finding a flawless way to make the chopper show up - currently the trigger which works in sp and is synched to the chopper does fire - but the chopper just doesnt come.

easy fix im sure although i have heard chopper extracts in Arma2 mp are a pain in the ass. whatever the fix - it will be good.

Some more feedback.

In mission 5 Rapid Python, the briefing talks about 2 BMP's, but there's only actually one to be destroyed. Maybe it's a "feature", a fog-of-war kind of thing, but I kept looking for the 2nd one until I realized the task bullet for the "destry BMP" had turned green. I don't remember seen the task completed message though.

Again in Rapid Python, after completing all tasks, you're told that extraction "is on the way, ETA 3 minutes check map for EZ". Nothing ever showed on the map though. I've waited and waited, then started heading back towards the area where we infiltrated from, and I got the message "well done mission accomplished", but no chopper actually showed up.

In spite of all this the mission ended successfully with all tasks shown as completed.

ah ok - well that extraction is by zodiac and there should have been a marker on the map near where you found Ordonez.

when the zodiac shows up should trigger mission complete - so obviously they showed up but you had left :)

i will check this stuff over - unfortunately some of the things work flawlessly when i test them on my pc but not always translates successfully for others. i will make sure this is addressed for 1.1 and have already made a few tweaks to that mission.

checked the briefing - it does say 1 possibly 2 bmps.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

ahhh thanx to kylania i have found a cracking helo extract script which should fix the issue of extract once n for all. will test in MP coop this weekend.

Lighty, without trawling all the way through this thread, I noticed a post indicating you were updating these missions for MP earlier in March. On a dedicated server, I'm finding missions 1 and 2 (and maybe another) won't start, but bounce back to the mission screen.

What is the MP/dedicated server status of v1 of this series?

Fixed, was missing Plants

Edited by gnarly_rider

i had found that mission 6 and 8 would not load on dedicated server - i merged mission 6 to a new file and it now works! hopefully mission 8 will work too with a merge to a new file. fingers crossed.

if i get those both working i will release the new MP versions within the next week.

Lightspeed, all 8 of the missions worked on our dedicated server. There were only a few missions where the helicopter extractions didn't work.

The extractions didn't work in:

Mission 2- Angel Rage- The helicopter didn't show up.

Mission 3- Jaguar Maze- The helicopter flew over.

Mission 7- Ocean Forge- The helicopter didn't show up.

Wrong name in briefing:

Mission 8- The briefing is named Liberty Storm. It should be Righteous Archer.

We played Missions 8 Righteous Archer today. Great fun. :bounce3:

Please, if you can, make the Ghost Recon Desert Siege Missions:

Mission 01 - Burning Sands

Mission 02 - Flame Pillar

Mission 03 - Cold Steam

Mission 04 - Quiet Angel

Mission 05 - Gamma Dawn

Mission 06 - Spectre Wind

Mission 07 - Subtle Keep

Mission 08 - Torn Banner

silent_op

Edited by silent_op.pxs

thanx silent_op for that info.

i will be releasing good updates for the missions shortly and would love it if you would convert them to ACE2 for me.

i actually have found a suitable map and will be commencing work on the first campaign in Georgia.

Really looking forward to your updates.

Will IceBreaker's imminent re-release of Lingor impact this?

ok version 2.0 is available on the front page - or here

note - This version is for 9 player MP COOP.

SP campaign is on the way. This will reduce enemy forces but also remove the Revive. :)

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

wow nice, awesome updates, i'm in mission 4 right now, so i guess i start with 1 again..thx for the update. really good campaign

Could you add something to allow players to decrease viewdistance or disable grass.

It'd help for users with older computers.