lightspeed_aust

Ghost Recon - Island Thunder campaign

i will swap the FR out with Special Forces.

The helo will change to one of ADukes.

I will be using FastRoping on at least one mission.

Thanks for all your hard work and particularly your appreciation of the community's feedback. Indeed in your quest for realism and authenticity, please don't fall into the trap of integrating too many addons.

Whether you want to make the missions ACE-based or not should really depend what stuff from ACE you want to make available in your missions that would not otherwise be available. Are there any ACE weapons you think using them would make great improvement to your missions? Do you want to use fast roping? ACE-only vehicles?

1- Remove the enemy spawns

2- Reduce the number of enemy soldiers and remove the Revive script and replace it with the BIS First Aid module - This way it will look more like the original Ghost Recon, since in this game had no respawn (making a very realistic experience).

Really a well-done campaign ...

Plz remove the Revive, cause in sp some times my man became invincible !!!

Also reduce number of enemy !!

with Lingor - just put all the addons into the @Lingor folder - not sure why Icebreakr dint just pack them all in there himself but I dont question the master. :)

not sure why Icebreakr dint just pack them all in there himself

Actually you should question him on it, though not in an insulting manner.

Question:

You latest updated files go into the Missions folder. Correct?

Thanks

i dont think you packed the mgb buildings and plants into one folder did you? :) would be better for new Arma2 players to have one dload not separate ones.

Actually you should question him on it, though not in an insulting manner.

Chill out mate :cool: Lighty didn't mean to insult IceBreaker. Indeed you only need read the smilies in their message to see that. Round here questioning someone's work isn't to insult it, rather we try and help each other :) It's called freedom of expression :D

Edited by domokun

We had a great time with this mission on our server last night. Great job! Can't wait to try the others.

Chill out mate :cool: Lighty didn't mean to insult IceBreaker. Indeed you only need read the smilies in their message to see that. Round here questioning someone's work isn't to insult it, rather we try and help each other :) It's called freedom of expression :D

No no, don't get me wrong. I didn't want to give the wrong impression.

These things, as you know, can be very sensitive. A mans work on missions, addons, scripts and maps can be like his Mona Lisa. ;)

I was playing these missions today (not much play time recently due to work etc :( ) ... Again I had a moment when a grenade hit my team, 3 were down, all of a sudden they were on their own little busy mission, smoke thrown and then dissapearing from team list, then back again.

After that they all became "ready" and the area was clear again. I then began to move, 3 of the injured team after moving would not follow and I kept getting "what's your location" etc. So I ended up going back to the position they were not moving from. It was the same position they were all injured and healed. I noticed 2 were prone holding no weapons and one crouched with a weapon but not wanting to move.

So I then told each man with no weapon to reload, then set them to stand up .. all of a sudden they picked weapons off their backs again, then all 3 proceeded to run away and move to the location I just ran from that I told them to move to some time before (since that point I told them to stop) ... was really odd, and all to do with revive script, I have to say that script is deffo spoiling the fun for me now, but, I thought I would report the specifics :)

yes i know its not working as hoped -

what im in the process of doing is making a MP version only - and SP only version.

revive works fine in MP but SP is shit.

will take a little time though as i dont have a lot of time and want to make sure 1.1 is free of all the bugs

but SP is shit
:)

Sorry mate, didn't want to bang on about what you already knew, but as I wasn't too specific last time I thought I would report it none the less.

Thing is, auto self healing and auto medic is welcomed, but in that format its clunky and as you said more MP style. I suppose with the nature of these missions the good old medic manual way is best.

Yeh sure, take time, trial and error with all of it I guess, look forward to updates as and when sir.

ok - quick update:

i have finished redoing all 8 missions for MP to fix bugs, gameplay issues, added a wider range of weapons for selection, and reworked the revive. Will be testing it this weekend and release to public too i hope.

MP is now for 9 players.

Revive -

Medic has 8 medikit revives and Team Leader has 2 - each player has 1 self heal if they are injured.

You must let medic or TL revive you if you are in a revive state - if you try to hit respawn you will respawn about 10km from the action, ie. no respawns allowed.

Default is 1 life - but this can be tweaked in parameters...remember though, only 10 medikits total per mission between Medic and TL. Lose those guys and you need to start praying.

But then again - a well-coordinated coop team is going to get through all these missions relatively in tact.

I will commence work on SP shortly and hopefully a mate of mine can pack it all into a campaign for me.

Lighty.

ps i wont do the 2 extra missions at this stage - i want to focus on GR tournament missions.

Thanks for the missions - I've always loved GR too - and great video!

One minor thing: the missions don't show up as completed on the mission list (the rectangle doesn't turn green). Is there a reason for that?

Cheers,

Pietro.

Nice camera work in that video.

Lightspeed, do you have any updates on upcoming GR missions? :)

Perhaps I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but when you say you're going to be working on GR Tournament missions, are you by any chance considering a remake of Alpha Squad's legendary "Stealth Recon" COOP Tournament missions?

silent_op

Edited by silent_op.pxs

just a quick update on the coop - i have updated all the missions just preparing to release 1.1 which will improve on everything that was in the original 1.o.

the Stealth Recon Tournament missions would be gr8 to replicate in Arma2 but a lot more difficult - still i would like to see if it could be done. otherwise, i would be looking to produce GR missions similar to the current style in Island Thunder where engagement is inevitable but still the ability to avoid confrontation and skirt danger with care.

i also want to work on Desert Siege using Duala.

and rerelease the original GR missions i made a while ago when i was still learning the mission editor - i would vastly improve all of them.

Grrr, I've now tackled mission 3 and I can't find the pilots either :mad:.

I'd go as far as saying they really aren't there: I've killed all enemies in the operation area, found the code, destroyed the Shilka, and I've been stomping across those hills for at least three hours now and there's absolutely no trace of them.

And believe me I've looked everywhere, I've checked every building, every nook and cranny of those mountains.

Could it be they have wandered outside the area marked in red on the map? Or may they have been killed?

Or maybe they just hurt themselves amidst those mountains? It does happen to my teammates.

Do they always spawn in the same place? They certainly are nowhere near where they appear in the video. But I've beaten every corner of the area marked on the map. No green smoke to be seen anywhere.

Any hint that would help finding them would be much appreciated.