Sign in to follow this  
KiloVenom

The strangest glitch ever (badlands mission)

I've taken the first village. Now I'm supposed to set up an HQ. However, whenever I place my first (and only available) base piece my character instantly warps about 5 miles out to sea. My units call out "where are you". And here I am wading in the water with a long swim and a long hike ahead of me to return to my men.

I've reverted 3 times to the previous save and everytime I place the HQ piece I warp out to the sea. And yeah I did downloaded the latest patch.

Do you have any info on this or how to work around it?

Edited by KiloVenom

no help? I'm the only one with this problem?

How bout this... how important is it to setup an HQ in this mission?

Badlands mission? I just wanna to know is it official mission and I didn't used to meet it before, while i only know i'll be moved to the edge of the map when i use warfare model incorrectly. i.e. I'll be swimming in the sea in utes or somewhere.

no help? I'm the only one with this problem?

How bout this... how important is it to setup an HQ in this mission?

I completed Badlands with 1.57 and never saw something like that. Although I saw and reported some other Badlands related bugs:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16169

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16162

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16161

I think Badlands can be completed even without building HQ or anything. Just sneak behind all 4 main bunkers in all 4 towns. It does not matter if some enemies will be left behind. Mission will complete even with leaving enemies in town, but if they re-conquer the main bunker, you need to re-conquer it back, so the slowest part is to move between towns. I also build a bunch of empty trucks around the main bunkers making it hard for enemy to get through them to reach the bunkers.

Please post what is the exact version you used in this mission and verify that you are NOT using any mods. You can see all the patch numbers in the main screen bottom right. Like this 1.57.77159.

Edited by Hanzu

1.57? Where are the downloads for that?

I'm at 1.08.74450. I can't upgrade to 1.57 because then I'd have to restart the entire campaign.

Anyways, I got around the glitch. I reverted back to the previous cut-scene, where you talk to the 3 folks on the wall and you get credited with found evidence afterwards. Then I continued on without saving and I was able to build my HQ without warping out to sea.

I'm at 1.08.74450. I can't upgrade to 1.57 because then I'd have to restart the entire campaign.

Yes, like said, you are playing Arma 2 Only so you cannot use 1.57 patch which is for Operation Arrowead and for Combined Operations (A2+OA install). But assuming you would have Operation Arrowhead and could patch, it would not require to restart the entire campaign. Patching will keep your campaign progress (decisions and completed tasks you have made and list of unlocked missions). After patching it is only required to restart the mission you are currently on and which you want to play next.

Edited by Hanzu

Hi KiloVenom

I am halfway through the Badlands mission and encountered this each time I constructed my base, although my character keep warping off into the ocean, where he was instantly machine-gunned to death!

I found that I had to exit the APC before constructing it and then all was fine.

By the way, it's essential to construct the base as things get pretty tough in the last town and the extra units come in handy.

Hi KiloVenom

I had to exit the APC before constructing it

I was about to try to reproduce this bug but I'm still puzzled what did you mean by above quoted sentence.

What is this "it" you are constructing?

Or how can you exit APC if it is not even constructed yet?

Or if it is HQ you are constructing how come you already have APC that is only available after building HQ which allows you to build Light Vehicle Factory which allows you to build APC? :rolleyes:

For me it was setting up my HQ. I believe the APC is used as a mobile HQ. So when you construct it it converts into a shelter with netting and boxes and barriers.

I didn't find being out of the APC helpful. If I was out of it I warped out to sea. And if I was inside it well then the entire APC would warp with me.

Like I said I just reverted to before the prior cutscene and that problem didn't show up after that. I had skipped the prior cutscene (the one where you're talking to 3 guys sitting on the wall) the first time when I had the warp issues. When I reverted I didn't skip the cutscene and the warp problem went away. That's the only thing I did differently.

If I remember correctly I could not even get inside HQ APC in Badlands and I have never heard how to skip cutscenes in Combined Operations (A2+OA), I suspect both features have been removed in Combined Operations to avoid problems they may create.

The whole issue sounds like it could be "A2 Only"-bug, meaning it will not occur when Badlands is beeing played in Combined Operations side. Nevertheless, you guys could report it as a new issue occuring in Arma2 1.08: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues/new to have any chances of getting it fixed.

For me it was setting up my HQ. I believe the APC is used as a mobile HQ. So when you construct it it converts into a shelter with netting and boxes and barriers.

Yes, this was the it I was referring to, as the APC is constructed into an HQ.

I am using the combined arms version so I think you could be right about it being an A2 only bug.

Edited by Brett101

I had the same problem of being warped somewhere to the sea. After reading this thread I tried to build a base while standing next to it the vehicle, not sitting inside.

It worked. Building defense from inside seems to work, too, but if you stay inside "while it converts" to a HQ, you will be lost in the ocean.

Makes sense somehow, since the vehicle you´re sitting in is no longer "there" when it converts into kinda building. So you respawn "somewhere".

After finding my HQ deployed and "me" suddenly swimming in the ocean, I couldn´t help just to laugh out loud.

After completing all tasks in Manhattan and finding Shaftoe dead in the end, struck to death by the fragile camouflage net above his head, which probably collapsed by friendly AI characters stumbling over its strings, while avoiding a vehicle I parked inside the base (as suggested by Hanzu)... , I´m really curious about what will happen next. :D

This is by far the buggiest game I ever played...

I've taken the first village. Now I'm supposed to set up an HQ. However, whenever I place my first (and only available) base piece my character instantly warps about 5 miles out to sea. My units call out "where are you". And here I am wading in the water with a long swim and a long hike ahead of me to return to my men.

I've reverted 3 times to the previous save and everytime I place the HQ piece I warp out to the sea. And yeah I did downloaded the latest patch.

Do you have any info on this or how to work around it?

Are you inside the HQ vehicle? This happened to me when I was inside it as well. If you are, just exit the vehicle and try constructing it. If not, I don't know how to fix it.