Sign in to follow this  
lennard

Takistan Army - DPM Reskin

Well here's the release of the DPM reskinned TKA.

takarmyreleasesmall.jpg

Click the image for higher resolution

Description

This addon adds reskinned units of the Takistani army on the OPFOR side for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.

I tried to make some variety into the addon by not having every soldier using the same textures.

For other info go to the included ReadMe file.

Link

Download

Have fun :D

PS. Haters gonna hate

Yeah, looking good! excellent textures.

Really nice re-texture, great improvement on these units... thanks

Very nice work. Be really nice to have an replacement pack for the units. Good work keeps the goods going.

Thanks everybody for the kind words!

Also great thanks for the mirrors :D

looks good - what map did you use for the photo ?

Chapman

Pic was made on the map Bagdad, done by Ebanks and Emery.

Absolutely amazing work on the textures for this mod, Lennard!

Already using a personally re-equipped version (using g3a3's and ak47s from the ACE mod) to stand in for the Pakistani army in some missions i'm playing in the editor! Very nice! :D

To be correct, it'd be called something to the effect of copycat DPM, not DPM (:rolleyes:)

But back to the topic at hand, looks neat, and given the wide range of copycat formats available nowadays I'd see it happening -but the colour configuration for the 'classic' DPM look is pretty off

c1094-l.jpg

If you swapped the tan and the green you'd get your more classic dark-med-light distribution of colours

Another option to consider is a DPM shade like DPM Jungle, where colours can vary from the tan is replaced by a more mustard yellow and the green a slightly more teal colour, to different distributions of brown to green to make the overall look much more earthy

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7605/4487e10b23.jpg

warehouse20062.jpg

To be correct, it'd be called something to the effect of copycat DPM, not DPM (:rolleyes:)

But back to the topic at hand, looks neat, and given the wide range of copycat formats available nowadays I'd see it happening -but the colour configuration for the 'classic' DPM look is pretty off

If you swapped the tan and the green you'd get your more classic dark-med-light distribution of colours

Another option to consider is a DPM shade like DPM Jungle, where colours can vary from the tan is replaced by a more mustard yellow and the green a slightly more teal colour, to different distributions of brown to green to make the overall look much more earthy

Yeah I'm aware of what real DPM is, lol. :P

The pattern the Taki's are using is a cheap Chinese rip off with colors better suited for the Takistani terrain. (or in other words, a quick reskin of the ODs)

^^ Which fits so much better.

Well done Lennard. Thanks.

Lovely units Lenny.

Nice to have more good looking opfor and I like the Chinese DPM ;)

I look forward to brassing these guys up.

Thanks for the replacement pack, now Takistani Army isnt as boring.

I know we can add units by putting them in a @folder and adding them to a launcher or command line but how does a replacement pack work?

just put the replacement files in the same place as the original files and they should work.

I can't seem to find the TUT.bikey file in either of those downloads. Can somebody provide a link for me please?