Sign in to follow this  
batis4

Binmod

Oh, didn't see that. Hey if you guys get the core mod done before the units, is it possible you could release a beta so we can just use our own till you finish the addon replacements? This thing looks really nice btw.

I really appreciate your interest on this BronzeEagle. The alpha core version of this mod will be released to public somewhat in february.

Is there any possible way you can use the units and weapons replacements from "ofpd25+" ?

Edited by BronzeEagle

Is there any possible way you can use the units and weapons replacements from "ofpd25+" ?

It is possible if we get the rights to it and "binmodify" the addon to be compatible with Binmod. But you need to get the licenses to it and stuff, because we ain't going to get another project right now.

New video added:

A-10 Thunderbolt GAU-8 test

I hope it's just the red ballers that explode, otherwise it's not realistic.

nice SL/DR reference. . . funny

Edited by Anguis

maybe i didnt notice but is there a date when this is released? or any information about possible release date? i cant wait for this mod sounds good ;)

maybe i didnt notice but is there a date when this is released? or any information about possible release date? i cant wait for this mod sounds good ;)
The alpha core version of this mod will be released to public somewhat in february.

Thank you.

Our first new "long" video added:

Combat Test

----

New Binmod Teaser Trailer for the upcoming february test version:

The upcoming version is on the move and will come somewhere about in the middle of february, but I'm not promising anything.

Edited by batis4

Wow, I'm really surprised by this topic. At first I thought it's a topic about Binview made by CoC but now I see it's sth different :) Good luck with your project!

Thanks for the support.

one thing we at code blue did to increase realism is add ai burst mode on machine guns to simulate short machine gun bursts to not overheat. this might be an idea too.

Thank you for the info. Maybe it will be done.

A small update:

We're working on the test version. One of the things we have recently added is a proper 3d lighting instead of the 2d flash

with different things, such as weapon projectiles during darkness. I'll let the screen explain:

http://i53.tinypic.com/dyu0jp.jpg

Hope the test version will be ready soon for your playing.

Edited by batis4

That looks really interesting. How has it been done? Have you created some 3d models and then some gfx for it or some kind of DXDLL workaround?

That looks really interesting. How has it been done? Have you created some 3d models and then some gfx for it or some kind of DXDLL workaround?

We just replaced the old 2d flash texture with a proper 3d 'cube' model for it to work. Of course to achieve this, we had to implement the "Data3D" and "Data" pbos from original OFP to our mod.

Edited by batis4

Is it possible to do the same with sky?

I really don't know at the moment, maybe we should check it out.

EDIT:

Here is a very small preview video (0:18) about the lighting system for you:

Comment!

Edited by batis4

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is this new "3D lighting" feature? And what does it have to do with sky? I don't exactly see anything new after viewing the picture and the video. Could you make some kind of "before and after" pictures for comparison?

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is this new "3D lighting" feature? And what does it have to do with sky? I don't exactly see anything new after viewing the picture and the video. Could you make some kind of "before and after" pictures for comparison?

It doesn't have anything to do with the sky.

We just replaced the old 2d flash texture (koulesvetlo) with a proper 3d 'cube' model flash/lighting effect.

Here, I demonstrate it for you with a BMP. First before, then after.

It still needs some work to do but we're on the right track.

I apologise in advance if I'm missing something. :)

Aside from removing the flash itself,and the lack of a "cone",on some light sources,there doesn't seem to be anything fundamentally different with the lighting.

Or do you mean lighting effects?Because lighting system implies something more technical.Like the way objects and the environment receive light.I don't really see anything different in that regard.

Sky in OFP is 2D and that's very visible and ugly in my opinion

Do you mean the moving clouds?Or the skydome?

Doing the clouds any other way would be tricky.If you try making them a solid mesh it'd take a lot of geometry to make them look like clouds.And I don't think it'd look too convincing anyway.

I apologise in advance if I'm missing something. :)

Aside from removing the flash itself,and the lack of a "cone",on some light sources,there doesn't seem to be anything fundamentally different with the lighting.

Or do you mean lighting effects?Because lighting system implies something more technical.Like the way objects and the environment receive light.I don't really see anything different in that regard.

By far it isn't anything fundamentally radical, just it removes the 2d flash and on future versions will replace the flash "cone" and it will be sawn as 3D reflective which in a way it didn't before this effect.

It indeed makes the nearest objects of the (currently invisible flash) receive light as it makes the center of it in 3D thus far allowing objects to reflect light.

I'm not a 3D modeller or anything just to tell you these on proper terms, but I hope you catch my drift. Believe me, we are working on it and would like to receive help and questions which I hope that will be answered understandably.