Sign in to follow this  
batis4

Binmod

zkfkeh.jpg

W.I.P

Binmod is a realism based mod by SJ-Studios. We are currently working on it and will work on with it for time to come.

Binmod's main mission is to make the game more realistic and fun to play by adding/recreating multiple units, weapons, effects, sounds, etc. new features.

Other main mission is to create an AI that is intelligent and human-like and taking it to the next level in OFP. We think that we accomplished that, and we are proud of it.

Not to forget about LOTS of bug fixing, corrections and of course realism.

Some features:

Gameplay:

AI:

- ..act wiser in general.

- ..use different kind of stances more better.

- ..detects the enemy further than in original OFP. It's harder to notice the difference between an ally or enemy.

- ..move and do things more frequently.

- ..firefights now engage further (maximum infantry rifle range now 600 m, machineguns to 800 m, static up to 1km etc.)

- ..aims better with different types of scopes.

- ..automatic based weapon fire is now recreated. They don't accelerate the speed of fire. They shoot like humans.

- ..can man buildings and use them as a cover.

- ..teamwork is now a key factor. Groups can communicate with other groups.

- ..use smokeshells for cover when they advance or when they are pinned down.

- ..fleeing is recreated.

- ..machinegunners use machineguns for self air defense.

- ..can take machineguns and launchers and other group weapons from dead allies.

- ..hearing is now decreased to a realistic state.

- ..can call for artillery if artillery is available in the mission.

- ..can now speak on their will. Over 1000 sounds added to their vocabulary. 4 different languages. English, Russian, Arabic, Finnish.

- ..can use bandages when they are bleeding.

- ..use realistic engagement types and orders based on real data.

- ..reacts faster to different situations.

- ..can bleed.

Player:

- ..can mount or dismount different sights.

- ..use bandages or give them to teammates.

- ..can hold breath when aiming.

- ..fatigue is recreated.

- ..can call for artillery if artillery is available in the mission.

- ..can bleed.

- ..can become deaf for a period of time. Tinnitus is also a factor.

- ..can become unconscious.

- New death cameras.

Animations:

- New AT anims.

- New reloading anims.

- Fixed many anims.

- New aiming & stance anims.

- New crouchmove anim.

- New weaponwalk anim.

- New sideway death anims.

- More added death anims.

Effects:

- Recreated particle effects.

- Recreated smoke effects.

- Recreated fire effects.

- New house burn effect.

- New barrel explosion effect.

- New fuel explosion effect.

- New destruction effects.

- Recreated gunsmoke effect.

- Recreated armor particle effects.

- Recreated aerial armor particle effects.

- Choppers now smoke and burn when hit + rotorwash.

- Empty ammo cartridges now don't disappear.

- Particles now don't disappear.

- Extended smoke and fire time.

- Realistic tracers.

- Ammo sonic crack system.

- New bleeding effect.

- New handgrenades with collision system.

- New smokeshells which block AI visibility as well as yours.

- Stringtable corrections.

- Chopper dust added.

- New water effects.

Audio:

- DSAI (Dynamic Sound AI) added. Over 1000 different sounds.

- New explosion sounds completely recreated.

- New weapon sounds.

- New ricochet sounds completely recreated.

- New bodyhit sounds completely recreated.

- New bullet flyby sounds completely recreated.

- New sonic crack sounds.

- New effect sounds completely recreated.

- New vehicle sounds.

- New manhit sounds.

- Recreated soldier movement sounds (gear, breathing).

- Recreated footstep sounds.

+ more, more and more, bug fixes, units, vehicles, islands etc.

Most of the audio from HiFi SFX for Armed Assault, thank you Mark and HiFi SFX team!

All those features are already done and more to come! Ideas and suggestions are welcome!

Stay tuned for the full list of features.

All things are mainly based on real data.

Binmod is not a graphical enhancement mod.

Media:

Videos:

Screenshots:

Menu

Thank you for your incovenience, any constructive critisism and anything with a good taste are more than welcome!

About SJ-Studios:

- SJ-Studios Team: Wiineri & Führer

- SJ-Studios is a project studio ran by two people located in Finland.

- We are currently making missions, mods, addons and campaigns for Operation Flashpoint: CWC and Resistance, and ArmA 2 + Operation Arrowhead.

- We have been playing OFP since 2001, making missions and campaigns since 2004.

- We have been making ArmA 2 missions and campaigns since 2009. The game was bought 2009.07.07.

- The mod and addon making started in 2009.

- Operation Arrowhead mission making started in 2010. It was bought after 2 days of it's release.

- We are mainly focusing on Operation Flashpoint and it's mods, and own modding, of course.

P.S We will likely take some hosting support.

SJ-Studios - Führer

Edited by batis4

looking forward to seeing updates on this

Thank you for keeping intrest on this, some media should be on the way.

It's harder to notice the difference between an ally or enemy.

I'm not sure if that is in mod's favour.

They don't accelerate the speed of fire. They shoot like humans.

What that is supposed to mean?

- ..can flee in desperate situations.

- ..machinegunners use machineguns for self air defense.

Oh I though it was in original game.

- ..use realistic engagement types and orders based on real data.

How exactly?

- ..can become unconscious.

Again that's not really in game's favour.

Particles now don't disappear.

Specify.

Looking forward to seeing updates on this, mein Führer.

Sorry for the misunderstandings Faguss.

1. The noticement of the AI between ally and a friend in distance is now in realistic state. Officer's watch through their binoculars if it's an ally or an enemy and confirm their status.

2. The automatic fire is recreated. In original OFP, they shooted their guns like there was some sort of a fire speed decreaser and increaser mounted in their guns.

3. Yes they can flee, sorry, my bad.

4. Look again tomorrow on this thread and I'll explain this, I'm not in the mood for writing long text pieces.

5. ..

6. In original OFP, the particles disappeared when they hit the land. Now they stay there.

Thank you.

Edited by batis4

Binmod is a realism based mod
- New barrel explosion effect.

I hope it's just the red ballers that explode, otherwise it's not realistic.

Rellikki, yes. The ones that contain those special types of liquids.

There's an introduction for ya:

Edited by batis4

As Faguss stated, AI can flee in vanilla OFP. It's based a their moral factor, linked to their skill/rank and team casualty suffering (death or injuries). They even refuse to obey orders above a certain level of "dispair".

As Faguss stated, AI can flee in vanilla OFP. It's based a their moral factor, linked to their skill/rank and team casualty suffering (death or injuries). They even refuse to obey orders above a certain level of "dispair".

Sorry about that, my bad. It is made differently in Binmod though.

Sorry about that, my bad. It is made differently in Binmod though.

That's nice, as it's nice to see a new modding team around here. It's not something that happens that often ;)

Cheers. It's surely been a while since I've been playing the vanilla OFP.

Sounds interesting how does the changes work with the original missions?

STGN

Sounds interesting how does the changes work with the original missions?

STGN

Mainly well, if the missions are created good there should be any problems whatsoever. Some problems occur in Cold War Crisis campaign but shouldn't be a big deal.

im glad your mod has the dsai, sounds dope as f*ck. so the soldiers will say stuff like in ecp? will there be unit replacements?

im glad your mod has the dsai, sounds dope as f*ck. so the soldiers will say stuff like in ecp? will there be unit replacements?

The DSAI contains over 1000 different sounds. They will say things like under fire, cover me, enemy spotted, from which direction will the enemy come, grenade landing near them, they speak on safe behaviour etc.

No replacement units. New units will be coming though.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

To Faguss:

How exactly?

The system is based on "Sotilaan Käsikirja 2003" by Finnish Defence Forces (Suomen Puolustusvoimat).

1. When an ally unit is moving from cover in combat, the nearest ally will cover him.

2. Enemies will be eliminated in right order:

- The most dangerous enemy for self will be eliminated first

- Officers, tank crew and pilots

- Machinegunners, AT-Soldiers, NCOs

- Enemy who's getting in cover

- Other enemies

3. They can use smokeshells for screen when they move.

4. They use machinegun fire to supressive fire. More powerful than in original OFP.

i just want to say you have my permission to use anything from code blue to help you and 3148 as well. But hey, personal request, can you include the cat bombing run sounds and combat ambience from the cat afghan island and the combat ambience from dynamic range in the mission editors environment sounds section? it would be great if you could add those for atmosphere options.

Edited by BronzeEagle

i just want to say you have my permission to use anything from code blue to help you and 3148 as well. But hey, personal request, can you include the cat bombing run sounds and combat ambience from the cat afghan island and the combat ambience from dynamic range in the mission editors environment sounds section? it would be great if you could add those for atmosphere options.

Thank you for your support. I'm sorry but we aren't taking those sounds straightly to our mod because of the possible license problems.

Currently we are in need of some licenses so we aren't taking any more responsibility.

Of course you can download the CAT Afghanistan and use them in your missions, it is totally compatible with Binmod.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

New video added. Tank destruction test.

More coming. Feel free to comment.

Why not create a chain of command and high-level AI (eg, platoon maneuvers) while you're at it ;)

Is this mod designed for multiplayer? I see in the AI-behaviour script you don't have any code checking the unit locality. Units can switch between local and remote mid-mission in MP when the group leader disconnects or a player becomes the AI's team leader, also an AI unit can become a player with group respawn.

Seriously, this sounds like an extremely over-ambitious project for just two guys who no one's heard of before in the OFP modding scene. Good luck though! :)

PS. you should check out WGL mod, which is (un)arguably the best realism-mod for OFP. You could learn many tricks by studying how it works. (you can download it from my website)

Edited by Pulverizer

Why not create a chain of command and high-level AI (eg, platoon maneuvers) while you're at it ;)

Is this mod designed for multiplayer? I see in the AI-behaviour script you don't have any code checking the unit locality. Units can switch between local and remote mid-mission in MP when the group leader disconnects or a player becomes the AI's team leader, also an AI unit can become a player with group respawn.

Seriously, this sounds like an extremely over-ambitious project for just two guys who no one's heard of before in the OFP modding scene. Good luck though! :)

PS. you should check out WGL mod, which is (un)arguably the best realism-mod for OFP. You could learn many tricks by studying how it works. (you can download it from my website)

Thank you for the info. This is a ambitious project that's for sure, but you have no idea how far we already are in this project. The multiplayer compatible version is under work and this version is designed only for singleplayer, the final version will be playable in multiplayer.

The demo version should be released in February.

P.S Take note that all those features listed are already done and much more.

Always great to see new project for OFP.

Good luck for completing it.

Thank you very much.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

New video added: DSAI Test

Edit:

New video added: Chopper effects test

Edited by batis4

New video added: DSAI Test

About this DSAI test, i like the fact that the soldiers are shouting things, and my humble opinion is that you should kill the OFP radio sounds that are killing the immersion.

About this DSAI test, i like the fact that the soldiers are shouting things, and my humble opinion is that you should kill the OFP radio sounds that are killing the immersion.

Thank you. Killing the radio chatter wouldn't be on the plan currently because they still provide too much valuable information. Maybe in the future.

You could keep the radio text, just give the option to mute radio voices like some mods do (eg, wgl and ww4).

judging from the dsai test video, that ai seems a bit too deadly. the realism is in the atmosphere, you have dsai for that and thats cool, but the playability, it has to be fun too yet slightly challenging. firefights of only a couple seconds where half your squad dies, thats not gonna be fun....

but anyways, yeah i agree with the other guys, removing the radio effects would be even more real seeing as how most addons don't have a headset. one way you could get around it is to put headsets on the characters.

Edited by BronzeEagle

You could keep the radio text, just give the option to mute radio voices like some mods do (eg, wgl and ww4).

Good point, this option is coming to our mod.

judging from the dsai test video, that ai seems a bit too deadly. the realism is in the atmosphere, you have dsai for that and thats cool, but the playability, it has to be fun too yet slightly challenging. firefights of only a couple seconds where half your squad dies, thats not gonna be fun....

Of course the AI is deadly on that video, soviet forces had three times as much units as the US forces on that video, better starting point and location. It is fun if you make it fun.

Firefights actually takes longer than in original OFP and the results are purely based in count, some luck, weapons, what kind of units you're facing and other facts such as injuries and ammo, location and starting points, facing and team moral, cover and concealment etc.

Edited by batis4