Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

is there a script to open the ramp of the Landing crafts(s)?

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

only 3 more days going to take a day off work for this!

The landing craft ramps may be opened via the animate command - boatName animate ["ramp",1];

what I mant is could it be empty with a open ramp so you could like the have beach full with empty LVTs and empty landing crafts and the ramp open while the beach is full wth dead marines like d+1

The landing craft ramps may be opened via the animate command - boatName animate ["ramp",1];
what I mant is could it be empty with a open ramp so you could like the have beach full with empty LVTs and empty landing crafts and the ramp open while the beach is full wth dead marines like d+1

He already answered your question. You should learn a little bit about mission making.

Abs

@Rob_Mayall: Yep, thats no problem, just use the animate commands as above.

@ryanbeckey: Depends on the landing craft, the tracked amphibious (LVTA's if I remember right) are no problem. When you "get out" of a boat, you are still in the boat, just out of the cargo position, this is good for players as they can then run down the ramp as in RL, but AI require some scripted assistance doing this. And yes, the ramp needs to be down for cargo slots.

EDIT: @ryanbeckey: Yes there will be a server/s up on the release date. Those details will come asap...

@ryanbeckey: Depends on the landing craft, the tracked amphibious (LVTA's if I remember right) are no problem. When you "get out" of a boat, you are still in the boat, just out of the cargo position, this is good for players as they can then run down the ramp as in RL, but AI require some scripted assistance doing this. And yes, the ramp needs to be down for cargo slots.

EDIT: @ryanbeckey: Yes there will be a server/s up on the release date. Those details will come asap...

ok thanks for your answer :) by scripted assistance, do you mean i just need to lower the ramp for them and give them a transport unload waypoint or will it be more complicated?

I wonder if I'm the only one going around work excited saying "only two more days until Hell in the Pacific is released" then getting asked what I'm talking about, ignoring that and and relpying "Yeah! isn't it awesome?!?"

Hahaha I'm doing the same thing...

conversation with girlfriend yesterday:

"Find something to do Friday evening. Hell in the Pacific comes out."

Hahaha I'm doing the same thing...

conversation with girlfriend yesterday:

"Find something to do Friday evening. Hell in the Pacific comes out."

Well see you all on Friday I belive we all developers will be on.

I also have a small idea of a mission Im working on and hopfully have ready on release day.

a fun event with all you Public players on the U.S invasion team in a Coop against us developers on Japnese side fight with the AI.

So for example:

32/40 Coop/tvt where only 8 or 6 slots are on the Japanse side, only for us developers.

Make sens, we know the island as our own pocket and will not take one stepbackwards and we will give you a hell of a fight.

You... the public players, Invading island that you dont know and never seen before. Give us you best to push us developers of the island!

Could be a fun event!

:yay:

That sounds good Mister Pedersen!

I plan on re-creating The Pacific TV series with the best of my abilities, and eventually work out a whole arma 2 series following Marines in the Pacific and the Brits in Burma.

thank you very much

---------- Post added at 08:24 ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 ----------

at what time is it going to be released (GMT+1???)

ok thanks for your answer :) by scripted assistance, do you mean i just need to lower the ramp for them and give them a transport unload waypoint or will it be more complicated?
Its a bit more complicated. When I have time, I will modify the script I have so that's its a bit more user friendly... emphasis on the time part :)

Its the 30th!!! well here in Australia anyway :D I'm gonna wait a few days before I download since a lot of servers will probably go into meltdown due to this. So far looks good guys personally more appealing than the European theatre IMO.

Its a bit more complicated. When I have time, I will modify the script I have so that's its a bit more user friendly... emphasis on the time part :)

ok great thanks :) cant wait for release, hopefully will kill a few of you devs :P

ok great thanks :) cant wait for release, hopefully will kill a few of you devs :P

Or we Banzai charge of our island!!

;)

Or we Banzai charge of our island!!

;)

:P we will see, do you guys know the hour of release? will it be tonight or tomoro?

about the mission pack, is it MP, SP, both?

by the way, is someone going to create SP mission with this beta version?

about the mission pack, is it mp, sp, both?

By the way, is someone going to create sp mission with this beta version?

mp, coop, tvt.