Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

Look forward to giving this a bash got trackir recently and think it'll help me get sucked into the jungle warfare, I reckon my mates will find me screaming down TS in horror when the japanese appear :) Good work lads keep it up ;)

I am going to say this in as much langues as possible

Incredible!

Ils sont Genial!

Te Gek!

Fatastisch!

Gran!

anyway thanks for keeping the spirit alive my grandfather was in the 101/AB 502nd PIR 2nd battalion Fox Company 3rd Platoon 1st squad and I'm sure he would respect you guys for making keeping the history alive even he fought in Europe he probaly will be proud of you anyway because his bother died on Peleliu - dieng for freedom isn't the worst thing that could happen, Being forgotten is!

in French, it's "ils sont géniaux!"

Im just going to say....''Ohhh Yeahhh" !! :yay::yay::love::yay::yay:

Edited by DogOne
spell check

There will be update on the Trailer soon. As we did not have the time to do that " Epic" Trailer we wanted. We have a deadline. So spend time in making trailers is not top of the list.

But we try give you a new trailer soon.

sorry but i only gots the unarchived size :

@Pacific_beta = 1.1.65.850.451 = ~ 1.2Gb,

so the archived version will be smaller ;-)

Greetz Waxbutter

Hell in the Pacific 0.5 beta release preview

Finally after many years of development, we witness the first release of Hell in the

Pacific, a mod that tries to cover the events that took place in Asia and the Pacific

during the Second World War.

We decided to give our first release the rather arbitrary version number 0.5. We felt the

need to release the mod now for various reasons, but would like to point out that the

mod is still in beta phase as there are many unfinished and missing things we have yet

to implement.

This first release is dedicated to land combat in the Pacific and the India/Burma

theatres, mainly on the finished or at least almost finished maps 'Tarawa', 'Peleliu' and

'Kohima Ridge'.

We will include other WIP islands as well, so you can see what we are working on.

The same is true for many of the air and sea components of the mod. These things are

still in beta stage of development, but will be included as some sort of sneak peek

or preview.

Offical Trailer

The mod will be released on Friday, November 30th 2012.

To keep you busy and in the right mood until then, enjoy our offical trailer by [KH]Foxy:

sb0E6AM9JPw

Feature List

Below is a small feature list of what you can expect in HIP 0.5 beta:

-Three factions complete with vehicles and aircraft

-Three more or less finished islands along with some very WIP ones

-Several Modules that add new features like Logistics, Artillery, Suppression, ...

-A mission pack

Release Event(s)

We will host a release event on Friday, details to follow.

If you want to have a go at Hell in the Pacific and want to virtually punish those responsible for that mod, jump on board! ;)

Manuals & Class Lists

Also, we prepared a set of pre-release manuals and class lists.

Get them here so you are prepared when you get sucked into the Hell in the Pacific on November the 30th ;)

Enjoy!

The Hell in the Pacific mod team

I have waiting for this mod nearly i year and had one year to make a speech but when the moment is there I can't think of anything

the mod is fantastic maybe or better then fantastic at least after 1 year of using invasion 1944 US infantry as marines using russian ww2 tanks as japanese and using ww2 japanes units from an ww2 addon but it doesn't compare to something big like this

Hell in the Pacific 0.5 beta release preview

[edit as per tos, sry.]

Enjoy!

The Hell in the Pacific mod team

Congratulations to you and your team.

I believe this is going to be something big.

Reading thru the manuals, I'm struck by the care and attention to detail crafted into this mod.

TvT play has found a home.

<Salute>

Edited by Ratszo

@ Ratszo

Do not quote embedded videos! I removed it from your quote.

§14) Remove tags when quoting a post containing an image or embedded video

If you quote a post that contains an image please remove the image tag or the whole image, it helps keep the thread tidy and easier to read if the same image isn't being posted repeatedly, you need only delete one [ to stop the image from hotlinking. If the post contains an embedded video such as YouTube you should remove the tags so the image of the video is not shown in your quote.

And when quoting someone always ask yourself wether quoting the whole post is usefull. In your above post it really is not.

I haven't felt much like playing ArmA lately, but I think that's going to change with the release of this :) ...it truly looks amazing. Also excited for the release event, whatever it may be. Thanks guys for all your hard work!

Wow, this looks outstanding. I see in the video, that AI are pathing across a bridge. Was it a struggle to get the AI to path correctly across the bridge? Or did you guys enhance the AI pathing?

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Looking forward to warfare with this mod

I think you guys just pulled a Luke Skywalker and brought balace back to the force :D THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

I’m really looking forward to this, it looks pretty epic on the video.

Your team there have produced what looks to be outstanding work.:)

@Iceman77

Yeah its scripted. They won't do that on their own unfortunately.

GOOD SOUNDTRACK!!! :jump_clap:

Edited by Foxhound
removed quoted video....how hard can it be?

Quoting an embedded video? I just told someone else not to do that and here you are.........

Posting in all caps? Afraid the people here are blind?

§12) Do not type in all capital letters, all bold, or in a non-black font

Typing in all caps equates (according to standard net etiquette) to yelling. It is also difficult and obnoxious to read such posts. This also applies to posting all in bold or all in a certain font colour just to try to make your words stand out, if your point is interesting enough or well written enough it will stand out. You're welcome of course to use different colours for parts of your post if it helps clarify certain areas, but typing complete messages in any colour other than black should be avoided. Please refrain from non-standard fonts and/or font sizes as well please.

§14) Remove tags when quoting a post containing an image or embedded video

If you quote a post that contains an image please remove the image tag or the whole image, it helps keep the thread tidy and easier to read if the same image isn't being posted repeatedly, you need only delete one [ to stop the image from hotlinking. If the post contains an embedded video such as YouTube you should remove the tags so the image of the video is not shown in your quote.

Infraction +1, please go over the forum rules again: http://forums.bistudio.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

Is there a way to make a script, to simulate AI melee fighting. For instance, take the zombies in several mods/scripts, which is AI, where they hit you with their hands. Would that be possible except with the buttstock and/or bayonet? For me a big part of the pacific theater is the banzai charges of the Imperial Japanese forces, and i really hope this can be done.

Edited by Addetter