Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

Sigh....I guess that's why my post count isn't up after all of these years of being a member.....I don't make over 100+ posts asking for release dates. The guys here at HitP will release any new info as soon as they have it available.

OT- I'm still working on my end Mr. Pedersen and Babylon. I promise to wander over to your TS when I get a chance and update you all.

Sigh....I guess that's why my post count isn't up after all of these years of being a member.....I don't make over 100+ posts asking for release dates. The guys here at HitP will release any new info as soon as they have it available.

OT- I'm still working on my end Mr. Pedersen and Babylon. I promise to wander over to your TS when I get a chance and update you all.

:cool:

Lookin forward Raptor!! :)

Try to log on to TS today, going to be online for long time now.

New toys are arriving , take cover!

Aichi D3a2

Model and Uv made by Kraetzer,

Texture made by babelon (me)

eh2l.jpg

eh3g.jpg

Note, I still have to make the normal map and the MG texture, so please still consider it a Work In Progress.

Updated model of the thompson, with a better smoothing groups and some other fixes.

renderthompson.jpg

OMG!!:omg:What a beautiful Val and Thompson.I hope that you are gonna make a SBD.But man that Val is just beautiful

You are doing an excellent work for such a small team.Really impresive.The attention to deatil is just amazing to say the least.;)

MEU98 I just wonder , are you interested in other mods? Or is this the only one?

You made almost 45 posts and most of them are about this mod.

Just wonder nothing else :)

New toys are arriving , take cover!

Aichi D3a2

Model and Uv made by Kraetzer,

Texture made by babelon (me)

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9277/eh2l.jpg

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4647/eh3g.jpg

Note, I still have to make the normal map and the MG texture, so please still consider it a Work In Progress.

Lookin' good :cool:.

Updated model of the thompson, with a better smoothing groups and some other fixes.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5638/renderthompson.jpg

Constructive criticism. Modelling looks great but wood and metal textures look "washed out" for some reason and detract from the structural quality of the model and realism.

British Commonwealth/Australian troops:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15494574/brits2.jpg

Full size picture here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15494574/brits01.jpg

Now this one really gets my juices flowing. The quality on the soldier models is where it should be. Add in the vegetation and lighting and we're really getting that 40's atmosphere going. One thing I rarely hear people saying about the ArmA engine (with it being a simulator and all) is the kind of atmosphere it can make. I've been on a few night mission on Lingor and Duala and I was physically and mentally exhausted by the end of it just from dealing with the suspense that the game play was generating. So hopefully the same will apply here to 40's atmosphere (BTW I still don't see any non-PC 40's cigars or ciggies :bb:).

It's pretty hard to choose a tonality when there was differents materials used for ww2 weapons, so I just used 2 photos of 2 different thompson mixed a bit out and used a "middle way"

In any case, in Italy we say : Perfect it's enemy of good

So it's better if I keep the texture as it is or I can lost another month on improve it:D

But thanks for the suggestion!! :D

It's pretty hard to choose a tonality when there was differents materials used for ww2 weapons, so I just used 2 photos of 2 different thompson mixed a bit out and used a "middle way"

In any case, in Italy we say : Perfect it's enemy of good

So it's better if I keep the texture as it is or I can lost another month on improve it:D

But thanks for the suggestion!! :D

I don't know what others think but I find your thompson great.Haven't seen a better one in ARMA 2;)

40's cigars. Would be nice to smell victory with a 40's cigar.

Maby for the officers, or a pipe. By the way I belive we have packet of lucky strikes on the table in British HQ.

40's cigars. Would be nice to smell victory with a 40's cigar.

Maby for the officers, or a pipe. By the way I belive we have packet of lucky strikes on the table in British HQ.

I was watching The Pacific and they smoked either a pipe or camels

News update:

We are working hard to get the mod out, we dont have a release day yet but should not be far away. Before Arma 3!!

The maps that will be in the first release is:

Peleliu

Betio Tarawa

Burme ( Kohima Ridge)

North Pacific ( Sea/Air Battle map)

Islands that will follow later on in updats are:

Iwo Jima

Wake Island

Solomon Island Guadalcanal

We also added a new suppressive fire FX modul.

So if you under fire your screen starts to fade into blur black daze view.

This gives the machine guns a whole new feature and a very important role in the game play.

You now can suppress the enemy while your other squad can advance on the enemy... or your self need to fallback and get your head down in the dirt and bite the grass.

View full size here:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15494574/hip01big.jpg

hip01.jpg

Indian soldier in Burme.

View full size here:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15494574/hip02big.jpg

hip02.jpg

US Trooptransport under Japanese air attack.

OMG:eek:The pics look beautiful.Those boffors look great.I didn't expect you to give us so many islands in the first release!I wonder how the ships fuction.It is known that ARMA doesn't do well with big objects.The uniforms are also great and the supresive fire modoule must be really good.

Yes, alot of players has been asking for Iwo Jima. And we listen.

:)

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Oh boy, oh boy. I hope "soon" means "very very very very very soon" :) I consider every new update a form of torture... really excited for this guys. Keep up the great work.

About the AIs will the mod be compatable with mods that make the AIs function better?Like the ASR AI mod?