Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

Really looking forward to this having looked at your Blog site keep up the good work.

Always nice to play something different with Arma and your models look extremely good indeed :bounce3:

Do you have the Chi-Ha medium tank as well, or only the Ha-Go light tank and the Te-Ke tankette?

Im asking because the Chi-Ha has at least a chance against the Sherman with its 47mm....But the Ha-Go and Te-Ke are just useless. So balance in Multiplayer would be off.

lol the Ha-Go is like the M3Stuart or tetarch ^^

I dont think they have a M2 or M3.

hey guyz

how many maps are there?

* Peleliu Island

* Tarawa Betio Island

* Wake Island

* Guadacanal Island

* Kohima Ridge ( Burma, Inland & mountain. )

We have not yet decided what maps or how many that will be in the first release. Can be from one to all of them. As I said we dont know yet.:j:

Wow those are a lot of playgrounds! Though it would probably be best to release one or two for your first release, maps probably take the longest time and you wouldn't want to burn out the guys working on them :)

Im working on them.... Im like airfuel.

Going nuts with flamethrower on all maps when ever I can.

We just have to wait and see what we give you. Maby start puting in those request for just your favorite. ;)

Kohima Ridge gets my vote despite not seeing any screenshots simply because all the others enjoy so much more attention in the mainstream media.

IMHO lesser known conflicts aren't any safer nor less dramatic

There is screenshots of that map on:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hell-in-the-pacific

Also there is a youtube clip from a smal test session. Map is just work in progress, as all texture and parts of it not complete as maby can see in the movie:

British troops. Village battle on the burma map:

this map looks gr8... lookin forward :)

Tarawa and Peleliu are mine favourites.

If you guys are still looking for American voice actors in March send me a PM.

For all Beta Testers we have playtest on February 26 time 19:00 gmt +1

Could record some ingame events to use for our upcoming game trailer.

Im guessing you are not looking for anymore testers? I have alot of game testing experience and also texturing experience as I was lead texture artist for Darkest Hour and participated in all the test sessions

Thank you for your offer. As pointed out before, to be able to join in the beta test sessions you either need to join the HIP mod team or one of our beta test communities.

---

Here's the second mission we will play next Sunday. Infos on the TvT will follow.

FHW beta test session #15:

Mission 2 - COOP: Exeter River Front

time: April 2nd, 1944, 06:00

weather: overcast, ground fog

situation:

During the Japanese 'U GO' offensive, several surprise engagements led to battles with unclear fronts, encirclement attempts and the like.

In this case, the British strongpoint Exeter near an unnamed river has been bypassed and the exposed position is likely to be overun now.

Are the Allied forces able to hold off the Japanese until reinforcements arrive, or will they fall to the superiour numbers of the attackers?

Task:

The situation to our north is unclear. It looks like the Japanese broke throug or infiltrated the positions there.

HQ fears that Strongpoint Exeter or maybe even the airstrip to it's South will be attacked from several sides.

Should the enemy succeed, he could smash the front of the entire sector here.

Due to the alarming situation, we have been granted reinforcements. We don't yet know when they will arrive, but we need to hold at least the airstrip, otherwise the fresh troops will no longer attempt to reach our position but try and form a new front to our south. In that case, our operation here would have failed.

If we hold out until reinforcements arrive, it will start to look bad for the Japanese. They could no longer hope to push us out of the area, and we might be able to start a counter-offensive to re-capture Strongpoint Exeter, in case it was lost before.

Good luck gentlemen.

For the empire, god and the king!

t15m2dep.th.jpg

blue area to the North: Strongpoint Exeter (starting position)

blue area to the South: British Airstrip

red arrows: possible Japanese directions of attack

friendly forces:

- we are well equiped with static MGs and AT guns.

- we don't have artillery pieces at the moment.

- air support will be available later today.

- we don't have any tanks at our disposal yet.

- the reinforcements consist of several infantry platoons, tanks and artillery. They will be supported by fighter-bombers.

enemy forces:

- enemy strength unknown. Due to the difficult terrain, intelligence believes that we don't need to expect enemy tanks.

- since yesterday, we can cearly hear that the enemies are well supported by artillery

- expect enemy air attack.

Notes:

This mission is not based on any real battle, but I guess something like it could have taken place.

We use this as test bed for some new stuff (Vickers MG), new parts of the map and new mission framework scripts. We'll let you know how it went! :D

Link to original briefing on FHW (German): click me.

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov
added link to original briefing

And I will work specially hard on those "game play area" we will use on the test.

Maps getting huge new updates.

:yay:

Here is a sketchup overview for the team vs team mission on 26 February

All Beta Testers helmets on!

tvtmission01.jpg

Mr Burns cannot await Feb.26th !!!

:hyper:

Is Protector gonna be with us?

Been playing some DH and felt immediately attached :D

Mr Burns cannot await Feb.26th !!!

:hyper:

Is Protector gonna be with us?

Been playing some DH and felt immediately attached :D

Haha I hope you have been enjoying it! I wouldn't mind helping out on the texture side of life but would need a little "getting started guide" as I know literally nothing about texturing in Arma, I have only ever worked with the unreal engine!

Just bought OA and am back to play for a bit. I come back to this ! Looks real good guys

I'm too late for playtest