Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

Will be watching this mod looks brill good work lads :), can't wait to get in there with a tommy and go mental :p

Edit: Gave yall a vote on Moddb :)

We will not release the mod until we are at least in the top 100. That´s why you need to vote.

:yay:

Haha lol no.

Project Reality tried to do the same douchbaggery, and now they arent even active anymore.

Atleast no ArmA Mod will ever be Mod of the Year cause the Playerbase is to small. It´s mostly Coop and the Bots are stupid like hell.

And even the Main game isn´t that good :D

If the game isn't that good, why stick around? Hell in the Pacific mod has posted pics of their progress, shown us videos, and HAS given many opportunities, that I have seen, to allow players to join in and beta test. Though it hasn't been released as of yet, why not take a look at their progress and decide then.

Obviously, I'm not here to force anyone to vote. I've been around since OFP, ArmA 1, 2, and will still be around playing 3. Arma, no matter what it's faults, is far better than any game I've EVER played due to the fact that the community works it's A** off to give us addons and new scripts to play around with.

I just think that if you don't like the mod, the game, or whatever, then leave the thread alone and go find the one that you do enjoy.

-----------EDIT a few minutes later----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't mean for that to come across as rude as it may look. Those of you awaiting the release for the final product, well, I understand. @Kraetzer, I respect your opinion and your decision and hope that you will find some enjoyment in the Hell in the Pacific mod when it's released.

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual

I´m not against ArmAII and HiP plays well. Its not about that some designed or produced shit here.

It´s about that the Gameplay has some problems and this is the reason for a small Player base.

Small Playerbase equal less Votes. It´s not a Problem for me cause i knew its a good Mod anyway, like other Mods we have here that are not released.

Waxbutter spent daily time on this Mod same as Dimitri, thats one reason why it will be very good, Pedersen spent much time on his Maps and the Art is doing a well job.

Cause something isn´t that good it don´t mean you can´t have fun with.

But it´s not my Game, it´s a Game for Special Person if it comes to Gameplay.

It´s slow, needs Tactic, it´s hard.

For some People that how it needs to be, for other like me it´s not that good.

Maybe my last post was a bit Harsh, then i´m sorry that wasn´t what i wanted to say.

When can we have a jeep car race on all the maps vs your supermario kart Krätzer?

;)

When our mod is done. I will edit all our maps so they can be used for any other mods.

ACE, UNSUNG, PR or what ever it is you all out there want to play the maps in.

So they will have no World War 2 stuff on it, so it can be a 2012 combat enviorment if you like too.

I made a post about this for the Unsung Vietnam mod on there forum.

Here are the Screens I just posted. It is from the maps Burma, Kohima Ridge.

Screens of Burma ( Vietnam Unsung suggestion):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15494574/burma01.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15494574/burma02.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15494574/burma03.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15494574/burma04.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15494574/burma05.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15494574/burma06.jpg

When our mod is done. I will edit all our maps so they can be used for any other mods.

ACE, UNSUNG, PR or what ever it is you all out there want to play the maps in.

So they will have no World War 2 stuff on it, so it can be a 2012 combat environment if you like too.

Wow, that's nice of you, and a great idea. Looks sweet with the Huey.

Edited by Grub
spelling

We cant vote it mod of the year before we have tried it ;)

*Release it* :)

As much as I'd like to try it out, I can't rate or vote for something I've never actually used. No judgement here, but that's just me. What is the harm?

Lol. Have you watched the pictures and videos ? Everything is so innovative and mind blowing that i'd vote for them without even trying it.

Not played much PvP on Arma 2 but I'm intruiged as to what that game mode would be like on your Wake Island. In Battlefield it was the push/shove natyure of the map that made it so intense, though having the freedom to stop it feeling linear.

In the Arma 2 engine, the battle would not only be push shove but engagements would take place across the lagoon, adding an interesting dynamic to PvP.

Oh the nostalgia.

I made so many missions in OFP using Wake Island, I have missed it more than any other terrain.

It was a perfect size for compact tense missions.

Look forward to its release, although I hope the vegetation will not make the AI to formidable.

Lol. Have you watched the pictures and videos ?

Nope ... it may not run like the pictures or videos on my machine. In fact, how do I know if it will even install and run on my machine if I've never installed or run it? I realize that releasing a huge body of hard work is no easy task for someone or a group who volunteered their time, so I'm fine with their decision. For me it would be like recommending a car to someone based on a TV advertisement, even if it turns out to be a very, very good car.

Nope ... it may not run like the pictures or videos on my machine. In fact, how do I know if it will even install and run on my machine if I've never installed or run it? I realize that releasing a huge body of hard work is no easy task for someone or a group who volunteered their time, so I'm fine with their decision. For me it would be like recommending a car to someone based on a TV advertisement, even if it turns out to be a very, very good car.

Well just ask all our tester. About 50 of them all together.

They can run the mod. So why would you not?

If you use a computer from 1998 you might be in trouble.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Oh the nostalgia.

I made so many missions in OFP using Wake Island, I have missed it more than any other terrain.

It was a perfect size for compact tense missions.

Look forward to its release, although I hope the vegetation will not make the AI to formidable.

We have custom made vegetation with view blocking for the AI.

So if you are behind vegetation and can not see the AI, they can not see you.

We tested this.

In my last misson I just crawled 1-2 meters of the AI in the grass, sneak past him and then planted explossive on radiostation, then get out of there without been spotted.

S.A.S Commando raid in Burma jungle.

Looking at the rig you have in your sig mate you should be able to run the mod I would assume you wont need high view distance since its the jungle, and theres always Wake for some good FPS :p

Might want to also disable background programs for that extra oomph ;)

We will not release the mod until we are at least in the top 100. That´s why you need to vote.

:yay:

Really.

... Really?

129179935564199718.jpg

rY0WxgSXdEE

I voted, but the system seems completely ignorant of the fact that my vote is really worth 10,000

Gnat;2067737']I voted' date=' but the system seems completely ignorant of the fact that my vote is really worth 10,000[/quote']

Lol same thing happened to me :p

I have to confirm - This mode is running perfect with great AI, awesome features and much more! When it comes out you'll be surprised of what they've done! A lot applause to the makers !