Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

Have you got in plan Type 97 Chi-Ha and Type 89 I-Go Japanese tanks ?

In terms of fighting, Japanese tanks just are rubbish compared with allies' and german tanks in WW2. And even worse than French & maybe italian as well.

In terms of fighting, Japanese tanks just are rubbish compared with allies' and german tanks in WW2. And even worse than French & maybe italian as well.

yes, but if you are far away from AT-support your still in trouble. ;)

yes, but if you are far away from AT-support your still in trouble. ;)

Not to mention the difficulty in getting those heavier Euro theater tanks across water, over soft beaches and through heavy jungle.

Those Jap tanks were purpose built.

And Germany never delivered the ordered Panther D and Tiger1 the japanese wanted to evaluate :D

I'm not aiming at starting a debate over the tanks here; but as far as I recall...

Wasn't the Sherman nicknamed "Ronson" (as the popular cigarette lighter of the time - 'Lights first time, every time')? "In terms of fighting" each axis tank was superior and the Shermans gained advantage mainly through numerical superiority.

Anyway, if on a battlefield, I would not underestimate any enemy tank. An example from my own backyard; a Polish pre-war tankette, TKS (with a 20mm NKMgun) which by her looks would cause nothing but a prompt smile of pity scored numerous confirmed kills on "in terms of fighting" superior German armor (mainly Czech bulit PzKpfw-35(t) tanks).

Plus, it's not the weapon alone, it's the soldier who wields it ;)

Plus, it's not the weapon alone, it's the soldier who wields it ;)

On this regard, I quite agree with it. But when both of sides are in similar combat skill, the weapon will take the final decision anyway.

In games we let "die" the Tank in real combat it´s posible, and it happens VERY often, that you can hurt or Kill a Crew Member or all members with one HE without penetration.

Well - if you want, we can easily add a feature like that to the mod.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

We maby even add the Atomic bomb so if admin had it with the players on the server he just drops the bomb and mission is over.

Nuke the Server.

Or maby not.

;)

Pretty much flawed logic

M4 Sherman doesn't even exist in 1940. USA had "rubbish" M2 tanks to oppose Japs one, even in 1941.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_Light_tank

The French Army had traditionally been highly regarded by the U.S. military, as having the best and most modern military in Europe.[4] The French army, in many cases, had more technologically advanced tanks than the Germans. The French tanks had better guns and armor protection.[5] But what shocked the U.S. military into action was the amount of time that it took France to fall: only six weeks.[6] The reason France fell so quickly was due to tactics, and not the quality of the German tanks themselves. German tanks were concentrated in a few formations and viewed as a decisive combat arm, while French tanks were distributed in small formations, most of which were devoted to infantry support.[7] The fall of France gave momentum to the U.S. tank program, and in July 1940 the US Army Armored Force was created.[8]

In 1940, french tanks are in pair with the brits and czech ones, technology wise. Germany produced lighter tanks, to evade Versailles treaty limitation. But thoses tanks were produced with an efficient doctrine in mind (Blitzkrieg) and therefore had a two men turret, radio, and tactics.

That fact alone made the german tanks superior at this time. Not the big armor that came later.

USA had 4 years to observe and come with a tank good enough to ride europe. They waited to have enough of them to overwelm the enemy while german factories were bombed on a daily basis. Even though, the Sherman rely on sheer number to prevail.

In 1940, there were in total 464 tanks on the territory of the USA and the production that year amounted to 330 units. Two years later, America turned out 24 997 tanks, surpassing in one year the total production of Germany for the whole duration of the war !

http://users.swing.be/tanks/edito/usa.htm

Edited by NikoTeen

Pretty much flawed logic

M4 Sherman doesn't even exist in 1940. USA had "rubbish" M2 tanks to oppose Japs one, even in 1941.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_Light_tank

Did US only fight in 1941?? And they used M2 to win the war? In terms of M2, germen also used No. I, II tanks as the major panzer force at the begininng of the war. What a sensible logic you're trying to put!

Has everyone forgotten the M18 Hellcat. Western tank philosophy during WW2didnt rely on having 1 superior do all tank design but tanks built for purpose. ie Shermans for infantry support and M18 Hellcats as tank killers. When combined, and in numbers, the manouverability and shear weight of fire power was overwhelming

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

Guys, maybe you could shift your discussion to airforce/navy matters? At least these had a lot more impact on the pacific war than tanks.

Sorry Dimitri, but this is about tanks - yet in a wider scope, so let's say it's a question about the whole mod:

Someone mentioned the M2 here, so - any chance to see it ingame? And also, is there any list of vehicles you guys want to feature in the mod or jou just add things on the go?

(if this was all stated somewhere earlier, my apologies)

Not that I know of, no problem :)

There are no plans to add an M2 (yet?).

In order to speed up our first release, we will focus on the late war era of the Tarawa/Peleliu battles for now.

Personally, I really like early or even pre-war tank designs and would love to see those in the mod (or other mods, like yours :)).

Vehicles in-game now in different states of completion:

IJA/IJN:

Ha-Go light tank

Te-Ke light tank

Type 97 truck (closed & fuel version)

A6M Zero

Type 93 AA gun

Type 10 DP gun

USMC/USN:

LCVP boat

LCM3 boat

GMC truck

F6F Hellcat

Attack Transport

There are more, but I will leave it to the respecitive authors to show off their work here.

In addition, there are some British vehicles and some stand-in models to test out concepts and scripts.

Things we definitly want to add at some point (among others) are:

M3 Stuart

Oerlikon 20mm AA autocannon

Bofors 40mm AA gun

diesel Sherman for the marines

and of course some ships and maybe additional planes

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Maybe any chance to get a list of all weapon in the Mod, such as rifle,machinegun, supporting weapon on both sides?

Maybe any chance to get a list of all weapon in the Mod, such as rifle,machinegun, supporting weapon on both sides?

We will soon show a list of weapons.

But for now the only information I can go public with is that the list will be long.

:yay:

Hello dear BIS Community!

What battle/campaign/Sceen would you like to see for the BURMA ISLAND?

This question is specially for you British players out there because this is for the British army campaign in Burma we are making.

So go ask granddad where he has his old war maps of burma. ;)

If any one have good info about burma that could be very usefull for map making or any other kind of help for us in the mod-team please let us know.

So what are the british players request about burma, more then just cigarettes and tea?

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Im really looking forward to this mod great job guys !!!

When is the relese date is it next year this year?

Cheers

Im really looking forward to this mod great job guys !!!

When is the relese date is it next year this year?

Cheers

We hope we get the first release out this year. That is our goal.