Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

really strange and funny to hear a bunch of Germans invading an island in the Pacific.

Didn´t you know the U.S Marines had a German Battalion during the Pacific war?

Das Banana-WurstCocounut Kampfgruppe.

:eek:

I think the best thing that could happen would be for I44 and HITP devs to get together and make a complete WWII mod which would encompass the Western Front of WWII and the Pacific Theatre. Then they could get together again and make an Eastern Front mod. This, of course, as we found out with I44, looks great on the ArmA 2 Platform, which seems better suited to WWII than 2009+ Modern Combat (I avoid Modern Warfare, dang it I said it). Anywho WWII is awesome and all you devs who make WWII dreams come true are super awesome!

Your forgetting FoW, who already has a very very very large map of England/The Channel/France, that even has a very very realistic looking Paris, complete with the Eiffel Tower. Also, there's atleast one Eastern Front mod in the works, or there used to be.

@DarkGuerilla

Think that has been asked time and time again in the past and I think the answer was that they all have different views on how to do things, conflict between different things and such on how one group wants to do it compared to another.

Not to mention the immense amount of work that would take; I prefer to take the WWII addons in pieces that look at one phase of the war. There will always be something "else" that needs to be added in. Trying to encompass every aspect of the conflict from 1939-1945 is probably impossible.

I'm really looking forward to this addon! Thanks for putting in the effort.

I don't think he was suggesting combing it into the mother of all mods, rather that the different dev teams try and adopt a standard approach so that models, maps and missions could be easily interchanged. Right now it seems quite the opposite.

I don't think he was suggesting combing it into the mother of all mods, rather that the different dev teams try and adopt a standard approach so that models, maps and missions could be easily interchanged. Right now it seems quite the opposite.

Yes a "mother-of-all-single-WW2-mods" would be impractical as well as take forever to download. I just think that in the I44 mod there already is an M1A1 Carbine and now there is a new one by HITP. Seems a bit impractical to have multiples of the same item, if your like me and would do something like -mod=@I44CO;@HITP;@EastFront and then call the shortcut "WW2". I figure its just easier if you could do all three, but without having like 3 different "?brand names?" of M1A1 Carbines, 2 brands of K98s, etc. It would be really awesome, with a combined effort of model makers and map makers, to create maps that look, for lack of better terminology, authentic. However I'm kind of in favor of having a "WW2 Mod Conglomerate", of course this conglomerate would just be like a company name and that "company" would have branches such as the "WW2 West Front Makers", "WW2 East Front Makers", and "WW2 Pacific Theater Makers". This way all the maps would have one particular feel and not a cluster of different ones. Oh crap that is a long type up.

We don´t want to merge with the other Mods, this is Pacific and nothing else.

I´m not interested in any stuff of other Mods yet. Even it will be not posibleto launch´em together, i believe there are some scripts that will cause erros with other Mods.

I´m not interested in what is out, if i want to have a Panzer 4 i do my own one, if i want to have a Koenigs Tiger i do my own one.

We have so many Mods cause the Teams don´t fit together in some Points.

The Dev´s who having the same target working together thats all.

Very purty looking mortar! I've been waiting for a WWII Pacific mod since the OFP days I wish your team the best. Cheers.

Time for some videos & screenshots!

First two videos from the latest session on Forgotten Hope Warzone together with some guys from the Forgotten Honor beta tester crew and a bunch of HiP Devs:

, by [FHW]Pommes

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOE4APxoSKM&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOE4APxoSKM?version=3&hl=de_DE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

, by [FHW]Pio

<object width="640" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klZSScE8E-o&version=3&hl=de_DE&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klZSScE8E-o?version=3&hl=de_DE&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Many thanks to all participants!

And here are some older screens showing off the IJA (click to enlarge):

The heros of the IJA pose near a destroyed US tank after they succesfully pushed the Marines back into the sea (Peleliu island):

dih25.th.jpg

IJA soldier close-up:

arma2oa2011011513215234.th.jpg

Last picture of an IJA squad and their supporting Te-Ke light tank just minutes before they were killed in battle on the beaches of Peleliu:

test13ed.th.jpg

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

That is looking schweet!! Great work guys!

Period of the Mod: December 1941 to september 1945!? (with Netherland, Australia and New Zealand) It's right???

woow great vids and pics ...looking so forward ...but can the mod team reduced the annoying aim-autozoom, its realy unrealistic too ! when you shooting with a m1 garand or thompson and its zooms when you aiming without scopes .I know its a arma2 problem but maybe the modteam can reworked that ...thank you :o

Looking great guys! I need to work on my tan some after playing about in all this snow ;)

woow great vids and pics ...looking so forward ...but can the mod team reduced the annoying aim-autozoom, its realy unrealistic too ! when you shooting with a m1 garand or thompson and its zooms when you aiming without scopes .I know its a arma2 problem but maybe the modteam can reworked that ...thank you :o

Don't waste time working on this because:

a) it is a relative problem (problem for some, not a problem for others)

b) there already exist mods to disable this autozoom (PvP tweaks)

Otherwise an amazing atmosphere!

Loved those tunnels. They looked so natural.

I could almost feel the heat and taste the sweat!

b) there already exist mods to disable this autozoom (PvP tweaks)

yes i know but only for vanilla-weapons thats the problem !

@ Yamatoforever : we would like to cover the whole period but due to our limited resources we will focus our efforts on the time frame of the Tarawa and Peleliu campaigns.

@ Stephsen : we will keep the autozoom on the weapons as is for now, but will take you advise/suggestion under consideration.

Looks amazing, love the way the recoil looks, don't change that, Pelelu looks very detailed aswell, love the caves, everything about it :D

Hi, Topas, it's really strange I couldn't see the above pics. Maybe you could suggest me another link for it?

Hi, Topas, it's really strange I couldn't see the above pics. Maybe you could suggest me another link for it?

Pardon? :confused: