superrat

Balkan war mod w.i.p

yea i know what that is i thought i fixed it there will be new update it wont take as long as this one there will be new detailed models that are in pipline..

sr

Any better download links besides Armaholic? Have been downloading the mod for 20 hrs now and it is still at 42%.

Does this mod really have Sa-2 and Sa-3 air defense systems?

Edited by Bospor

Very nice mod. I always like to play with real armies in ArmA:)

My suggestions after some play:

1) M-84 wheels textures are far more accurate than T-72 ones but on the other hand T-72 smoke grenade launchers are more accurate than that of M-84. So can you combine them?

2) MT-12 has OA ballistic computer, but M-46 does not. Can you add computer to M-46 too? IRL this gun is used for indirect fire mainly, unlike MT-12.

3) Flag at some T-55 models (either VRS or HVO) looks like it is made of plastic sheet:) I think it would be better to remove it, if someone will want to add a flag to the tank - he may do it via init command. Also some T-55s have additional armor from T-55AM on the front part of hull. If I'm not mistaken T-55AM-stlye upgrade was not used in former Yugoslavia.

4) ZSU-57-2 wheel bondages are green like wheels themselves. May you paint them in darker color?

Hi and thank you for another nice release of this mod, I noticed that the MTLB APC didn't have room for more then 6 people, and the last transported soldier looked like he had his head out of a hatch trapped between the hatch and the roof. I wonder if this may be fixed in a later release? :)

Hi SuperRat,

Things are looking great, loving the huge amount of new units. I noticed a bizarre bug - when I play with the mod installed, it breaks a number of vehicle animations for vehicles from other mods. Specifically it causes the units to appear standing up inside the vehicle. In the F-16, Mirage from Operation Frenchpoint and a few other units the player's arms and legs stick out of the vehicle.

Otherwise a really great mod! Looking forward to the next update.

I am having a similar issue as daeitelbach - however mine is only affecting the URALs and other trucks - mainly from the Vilas pack (Vil mod & P85). The driver is standing above the roof line. The German trucks (Unimog/MAN) are playable but do not have sound. If I remove Balkan War Mod - it is no longer an issue. Lovely mod with an amazing assortment of units and vehicles.

Thanks for the awesome work & effort!

-Chapman

thanks all for bugs reports: basicly i am reducing size of mod as much posible ZSU-57-2 new model is about 80% done more detailed the old one is going out the whole arty. is going get make over when it comes of ap,heat,computer and so on

the vilas mods getting overwritten i think i know what's the problem the OF mod thats a headache

the t-55AM version was used in war low number there is pic of one that was hit by zolja and burned

Great SuperRat !

Well, one more thing, some editor icons are a bit strange. For example, the MTLB, and the support trucks icons are too big.

But its only my casuistry. :nerner:

I noticed a bizarre bug - when I play with the mod installed, it breaks a number of vehicle animations for vehicles from other mods. Specifically it causes the units to appear standing up inside the vehicle.

Same bug here, plus : All the ingame Ural and p'85 addon trucks lost their engine sounds...

That has something to do with the configs.

Its been a while since i looked on this and its good to see the progress that happend so long. But, the vehicles are all way to shiny. Use the Photoshop CS3 or higher to overwork the Normal Map Alpha to make it more dull. Also good to add some "dirt" effects as you see on the BI Tanks and stuff. Also, i think you should put more attention to the infantry units. In the western media everyone saw those UCK guerillas and Croatians and the european volunter nazi loons but as good as never any Tanks or Serbs. The stuff i saw so far doesn't convinced me in authenticity so far. The Yugoslavian Army in the 90 was not as eastern block influenced as westerners think, and if this unique look gets missed i would found that kind of sad. They found a good mix of Nato and russian equitment wich i personaly find highly interesting. Also their opponents were mostly western influenced, except for the UCK wich equitet themself from Albanian Army arsenals wich modeld themself on the chinese PLA with their shity Type 56 copies and those realy cheap ass chest rigs with just three pockets. They got big supplies of swiss and german uniforms. Also german and dutch flak jackets.

Many resources to make this are already availible and if you would ask people from other mod projects i'am sure they would share a few bits.

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/groups/1/2/1600/thumb_620x2000/2853986_730cq.jpg

If you would need any help with advising in this case i could send you details how that could be done. But probably not because most likely you guys are from this area and know already.

When i set this mod up in a mission i get a "You cannot play/edit this mission. It is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. akr"?? its ok when i host on my own computer, cause it will still start the mission. But when i try it on my server, the mission stops loading, and we all are send back to the mission setup menu??

can there be any solution for this?? pretty annoying after had used 2 - 3 hours to setup an mission and then it fails because of this :-)

Please help would really like to trie this on my server, thanks...

Sixt

AKR is a .PBO (akr.pbo) file of the mod which stores infantry weapons used by BWM. However, this does not mean that the akr.pbo is missing. Missions create addon CLASSES depending on config files in section CfgPatches which can have different names than the PBO file. Open up your "Mission.sqm" file (in MyDocuments\Arma2\missions\YourMissionName.ISLAND\mission.sqm)

Delete everything that has "" under AddOns and addOnsAuto (example "akr", "VRS_BIHMen" etc.) and save the file, make a backup of that "Mission.sqm" just in case you make a mistake in this deleting process and you wish to try it again, copy it somewhere on your computer.

Start the game and select your mission in the editor so the game (re)collects all present class names used in the mission you created. Start the mission and if all works well, save the mission. After that you can also save it as a SP mission...

Edited by NYX87

AKR is a .PBO (akr.pbo) file of the mod which stores infantry weapons used by BWM. However, this does not mean that the akr.pbo is missing. Missions create addon CLASSES depending on config files in section CfgPatches which can have different names than the PBO file. Open up your "Mission.sqm" file (in MyDocuments\Arma2\missions\YourMissionName.ISLAND\mission.sqm)

Delete everything that has "" under AddOns and addOnsAuto (example "akr", "VRS_BIHMen" etc.) and save the file, make a backup of that "Mission.sqm" just in case you make a mistake in this deleting process and you wish to try it again, copy it somewhere on your computer.

Start the game and select your mission in the editor so the game (re)collects all present class names used in the mission you created. Start the mission and if all works well, save the mission. After that you can also save it as a SP mission...

Thanks for the help.

But it isn't working :-(

I am interested in the Balkan conflict, and I am wondering if this project is still active?

I was wondering if any special buildings have been created for this mod?

here are some examples of what I mean...

http://davefromgp.ca/2012/04/09/i-is-for-images-of-war/

also comparing many of the game's model soldiers with footage of the real fighters in the conflict, I feel that this mod lacks the details of the irregular civilians and the actual 1991-1994 fashions/hair cuts, or the size/shape of they're body. many of the photos of the young fighters are quite skinny... hopefully I can contribute somehow...

Anybody play this mode? I heard from many guys, the mod is full with bugs and other issue and because that people don't like to play, looks half finished. What about with full functional version?

morris just try like I explained how to install mod if you have still issues there is in armaverse a lot of instruction but must have arma2 OA but down the road there will be last update for BWM for arma2OA

Is there any server with Balkan war mod?And if anyone play this add me on Steam:mreco11, its boring to play this mod alone :)

Edited by Mrki

man its been a while since i visited my tread we are still working on this mod for arma 2oa for last 2 year on our website " bihrajastudios.com" currently we are working on the ACE version of mod with almost every new model in the mod i am asking anybody with scripting talent for a script for shell ejecting on my ARTY guns i have limited knowlege about scripting.

http://bihrajastudios.com/GALERIJE/images/D30-M-2.png (1919 kB)

http://bihrajastudios.com/GALERIJE/images/praga1.png (2407 kB)

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

more pics

http://bihrajastudios.com/GALERIJE/images/M70-famelija.png (5536 kB)

http://bihrajastudios.com/GALERIJE/images/jugo%20mino.jpg (165 kB)

http://bihrajastudios.com/GALERIJE/images/M56-1.jpg (186 kB)

Great to see you are moving forward with your project, keep it up !

If you ever plan on porting this to arma 3, I'd love to get some experience with arma 3 modding and help.