superrat

Balkan war mod w.i.p

yes , but not in first release i dont want to prolong this mod i will do also tam110 down the road right now is to get everything working for the first release

Just curious what kind of vehicle damage system will this mod have?. just like vanilla hit points or improved?.

Also, are there any plans for a T-62?. Sorry If I missed it a little ways back, theres a lot of photos.

Thanks in advance.

t-62 was not used in balkan conflict damage is vanilla pretty much all vehicle and weapon systems damage are set not all they will be later point is that i want to get mod out there then later in updates get fixes and more vehicles and probably create damage models

t-62 was not used in balkan conflict damage is vanilla pretty much all vehicle and weapon systems damage are set not all they will be later point is that i want to get mod out there then later in updates get fixes and more vehicles and probably create damage models

Ok thats for the quick reply, I thought I read somewhere that they were used in small numbers but I am by no means an expert on the conflict.

Take care, look forward to your work.

Lovely :) Nice going SuperRat. Great "VBR". :) If you want mortar-like effect put initSpeed = 120; in CfgMagazines and thrustTime = 2; in CfgAmmo -> 120m/s and rocket burns for 2 seconds. Tweek these values 'till you get what you want.

(120 and 2 is just a guess), and one more thing - put this in CfgAmmo:

timeToLive = 60; (so the rounds don't "disapear" in mid-air). I use this for mortars via scrpits so AI shells your position at long range, so far 3000m is the longest those mortars shot (120mm). It takes a shell about 50 seconds of flight and then BOOM. :D

@Tristan: T-62's weren't used but the Croatian Army had (7 to 12) Mi-24 "Hind" gunships. Some were used in Operation "Southern Draw" (Operacija Južni Potez) and Operation Storm (Oluja) There is a video on the first.

or here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yknTnF610Ic (one hour long)

I was pretty surprised to see that Croatian Army HAD a Mi-24 at that time. I knew that Serb JSO (Special Operations Unit) later aquired two Hinds and they were used on Kosovo.

Edited by NYX87

Will there be any planes? Like j-22,j-21 and so on...?

Oh and can you tell us when will the first release be? Approximately :)

GALEB 2 and 4 will be but not if first relase

here the m46 130mm which i deleted couple part and modeled new one plus re-mapped it also my 120mm mortar and the biggest thing that i did this weekend ballistics done which mimic's real life scenario ARTY.

th_arma2OA2011-10-1615-49-21-79.jpg

th_arma2OA2011-10-1615-48-10-61.jpg

th_arma2OA2011-10-1615-21-48-17.jpg

th_arma2OA2011-10-1615-21-34-07.jpg

Edited by SuperRat

That's how a muzzle brake looks like on a M-46 howitzer. Twin S-60 57mm guns of ZSU-57-2 have these muzzlebrakes too:

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/zsu_57_2.jpg

It's a perforated (pepperpot-type) muzzle brake.

D-30 has a double-baffle muzzlebrake and older types of D-30 also have multi-baffle muzzlebrakes (Tonći to su one na haubicama koje vidiš na slikama o Vukovaru)

http://www.armyrecognition.com/customer/thierry/serbia/d30_02.jpg

http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/imgs/d30.jpg

I've noticed that the recoil spring-system of the M-46 is a bit small.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/imgs/m46-m1954_2.jpg

Edited by NYX87

I know, but the muzzle break lokks extremely low quality compared to the rest of the gun

It's a reworked OFP model I think :) Can be fixed. Could also be a mapping problem.

Edited by NYX87

95% of mod is done for the first release here's my M60P which is itself 90% done there will be more weapon versions

th_arma2OA2011-11-0613-18-30-30.jpg

th_arma2OA2011-11-0613-18-48-56.jpg

th_arma2OA2011-11-0613-18-59-87.jpg

There is a lot of shadow issues on these models. From what one can tell by just looking, changing soft edges to sharp should do the trick (where possible = flat surfaces?)

Looking forward to it and to the level of customisation already shown (all those markings etc.)

Pardon the expression, but the hardware to be available is an exotic one, surely to be awaited.

Keep it on. And take your time with those 5%. Bring a polished and stabele release.

still kicking here some not all be released in first official release

the 4 barrel flak wont be released in first release i wanna work on it more this is my favorite AA weapon used in balkan war's

th_buldozer2011-11-2020-35-59-41.jpg

th_buldozer2011-11-2020-37-58-87.jpg

th_buldozer2011-11-2020-38-04-46.jpg

th_buldozer2011-11-2020-53-37-74.jpg

Looking forward to this. I've always been interested in the Balkan conflicts, and it's nice seeing that is being worked on for Arma 2.

Edited by Variable

is there a chance for a federal Army in the far future? love the progress.

This has probably been asked already, but will this work with ACE?

sttgs.png

Teach a man to fish...

Abs