superrat

Balkan war mod w.i.p

Great work. Let it rip! :) Hope those sounds are OK with it ;)

here's my ZIS-3 model is done tex"s are in progress plus later i need to do rvmat's

th_arma2OA2011-08-0319-22-39-08-2.jpg

th_arma2OA2011-08-0319-29-07-01.jpgth_arma2OA2011-08-0319-24-26-90.jpg

th_arma2OA2011-08-0319-29-22-43.jpg

SuperRat: so, how do you intend to release this? In one major package or several smaller ones like PRACS?

SuperRat: so, how do you intend to release this? In one major package or several smaller ones like PRACS?

+1 for major package

Personally i hope its several small packages, small packages are much easier to release in my opinion especially for a small team

I think its better in one package and maybe in future new staff/bug fixes in update/patch v1 v2

I think its better in one package and maybe in future new staff/bug fixes in update/patch v1 v2

As much i can see thats a good idea, as an addon maker myself a huge is a lot of work to do. I was going to do that with my own addons, and found different packs the way to go.

@R0adki11

I think that my idea is better for players [all files in 1 package you dont have download nothing else, you have patch for all addons in 1pack, not for example patch for tanks next for planes etc] but i understand that for addonmaker few little packs is better solution :)

I think an initial release of 1 file is great, but then patches or future additions can be added in seperate files.

There is also one question. Campagin? I think that it would be great to have a campagin whit Muslim's,Croat's and Serb's so no one would be discriminated xD

There is also one question. Campagin? I think that it would be great to have a campagin whit Muslim's,Croat's and Serb's so no one would be discriminated xD

You listed the three sides as Muslims, Croats and Serbs? Ummm I'm pretty sure there were non-muslim Bosnians that faught lol.

That's like saying WW2 was Lutherins vs the Soviets and Allies.

Campaign would take a long time to complete, at least one that will be of kick-ass quality. I think it will be up to the comunity to panticipate in creatng a good campaign. :)

Maybe a joint effort :)

@GossammerSolid: There WERE non Bosnian muslims fighting, correct! There were also Russians, Greeks, Romanians.. who fought for the Serbs, there WERE also foreign mercenaries such as British, Germans.. who fought for Croatians...

Edited by NYX87

I think big mod shuold have a campaign: maybe in first release a mini campaign short story few missions. And couple basic sp/mp missions to have something to play on start.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

I know few people that wenn downlod mod with no missions they delate him fast from hdd. Not all new players can make missinos and dont wont wait few months for someone to make 1 or 2 missions. I make missions from long time and for me its not a big problem. But i understand those guys, and personaly i like to mods with campaigns.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

So i have a sugestion if you dont have time or people and you cant do campaign. You can make a mission pack for sp and mp. Making 10-15 basic sp missions dont take to much time i know this from personal expirience :)

I waiting for this mod, good luck in your work :)

When i said Muslim's i was thinking on Bosnian Muslims becouse Serbs from Bosnia are ussualy called Bosnians.:D

I Would like to help whit campagin or to make a few missions whit Serbs.

armor , air , static are in one file HVO and VRS soldiers which are done by THIS IS BOSNIA are in 2 seprete files also bosnian soldiers gonna be in seprate file because there are couple of brigades for each faction weapons are gonna be used from VILAS pack which he made extra YUGO which i am greatfulllll to him and i got some of mine and NYX87 gave me a lot of his stuff that he made there is OSA luncher and other some need more work what i decieded to do with mod since i am again by myself doing this HUGE amount of work about 80% is done i will finish couple more things do bosnian soldiers and realese mod so people dont wait for eternity i will then start on 4th faction VRH (army of republic of croatia) couple more weapons like zpu1 and 2 i will probably do zpu4 from scratch there gonna be (mig21 also as 2 seater), mig29 also probably J22 orao as long i get time real life issues usally get in the way missions will be part of first realese probably based on some battles THIS IS HUGE AMOUNT of work so bear with me and thanks for interest in this mod

Great work, I've searched many games looking for something related to our bloody conflict, just some questions, will your focus be realism or balance, because the battles and the forces were rarely balanced, one side usually had tanks, the other didn't, one had air support the other didn't etc.. Also any plans on militia and para-military formations? I haven't really done any modding but would like to help in any way possible.

I'm definetly looking forward to the release when it's done. I loved the Yugo mod in OFP, I'll definetly enjoy this one too.

Great work, I've searched many games looking for something related to our bloody conflict, just some questions, will your focus be realism or balance, because the battles and the forces were rarely balanced, one side usually had tanks, the other didn't, one had air support the other didn't etc.. Also any plans on militia and para-military formations? I haven't really done any modding but would like to help in any way possible.

the weaponary for all side will be represented from 92-95 era by the end of war all side had tanks , arty e.t.c some more some less but point is if that side had it the faction in game will have it

here's m1a2 that i've been workin on life issues keep slowing me down it's about 80% done real life issues keep comin it the way:)

th_buldozer2011-08-1920-39-21-25.jpg

th_buldozer2011-08-1920-38-23-90.jpg

Nice, is this a new model or are you upgrading the one shown earlier? :)

Oh I almost forgot, will you add M18 "Hellcat" tank-destroyer down the road, I've noticed we're missing something ;)

These WW2 era vehicles were used in significant numbers in Bosnia and Croatia

I've decided to post the link here as a sneaky way of bumping the thread. Anyway here it is if anyone wants to download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G1G3I2G7, its the book Balkan Battlegrounds I found on the net, its a pretty hefty 'military history'. I don't suggest reading the entire thing unless you are professionally or fanatically interested in the conflict, but it nonetheless provides a very objective and accurate account for the events that happened, which were up to then produced by medias with heavy political biases to one or the other side. I should really get into marketing.

Oh and also, very nice howitzer model. Don't mean to be a nag or anything but are you planning on releasing anything ahead of schedule, like some infantry or whatever is finished?

I doubt the team will have time for this, but here is a site devoted to Balkan ingenuity, it is a series of 'improvised' vehicles with weapons ranging from aircraft missiles from planes no longer being used such as the F-86D or MiG-21, to the M-48 76mm mortar. Each vehicle was a unique design and it seems all three sides turned to making these APC's at one time or the other.

http://stef124.tripod.com/kapmisel.htm The page itself is unfortunately in Serbian, but Google translate does miracles.

Edited by SVG