superrat

Balkan war mod w.i.p

Exelent!!!!!!!!!!!!! What else to say,just keep up the good work..:D

I agree with IceBrakr on that one. All the vehicles were primarily painted with the same colour as the helmets used by JNA. Later on (in war time) some other colour schemes emerged.

there was no KFOR (kosovo forces) in bosnia.

UNPROFOR (UN Protection Force) was in Bosnia and Croatia during the war and SFOR (Stabilisation Force) after the war in Bosnia only.

You can find a UNPROFOR sign (and maybe a sleeve insignia patch) in google pictures. It won't take much to change KFOR to UNPROFOR

Edited by NYX87

I agree with Icebreakr, vehicles look good, but a more gritty and worn out look would make them much better.

did bit more to match yugo olive added bit scratches dirt the 2nd pic needs all of that th_arma2OA2011-07-1016-04-07-44.jpgp><p>here

th_buldozer2011-07-1015-55-03-10.jpgth_buldozer2011-07-1015-53-02-02.jpg

well here is about 80% done OT M60 i need to map couple more small things and do rvmats

with lack of good detail and inside pics i think i did good job on this model

The model itself is fairly good, but the textures are a bit plain. Spruce them up a little bit with some more detail and some bump/normal mapping. ;)

I know this is late, but the Irish Defence Forces don't wear USMC LWH helmets with IBA/OTV vests.

Edited by Laqueesha

Maybe he means the UK peacekeapers, UN could be part of it.

Maybe he means the UK peacekeapers, UN could be part of it.

lolwut

I don´t think we need UN Peacekeepers. They didn´t play any significant role in this war (Well exept from handing over 8000 Bosniaks to the serbs....)

I agree with Tonci. Anyway the UN ground troops were irrelevant in the war,couldn't even protect themselves and not to mention the people, honestly I think they newer fired a round, we can skip this topic ,someone can include the UN in their missions or campaigns when the mod gets released, infantry of the relevant factions is in progress and I would love to see some talk about that...

Edited by NYX87

"the clash was not highly publicized at the time" - and believe me, nor since.

I've never heared of this. If that was the case,then I'll have that in mind.

Canadians were the only ones?

Any other examples apart from calling in airstrikes??

The point is that they weren't supposed to be a figting force but a ProtectionForce.

I don't underestimate their soldier qualities,I'm just saying that such UN actions were very very rare.

Cheers :)

Edited by NYX87

"the clash was not highly publicized at the time" - and believe me, nor since.

I've realy never heared of this. If that was the case,then I'll have that in mind.

Canadians were the only ones?

Any other examples apart from calling in airstrikes??

The point is that they weren't supposed to be a figting force but a ProtectionForce.

I don't underestimate their soldier qualities,I'm just saying that such UN actions were very very rare.

Cheers :)

UN forces were there to enforce buffer zones. The NATO airstrikes also really helped force Yugoslavia to sign the Dayton accords. I don't think it'd hurt to have them in the mod as an extra army.

Not every force in the game has to be a standing fighting force does it?

NATO did it's part perfectly I agree.

Again I agree about the UN forces but the indiginous infantry units are a priority.

Like I said,someone can do the UN units as a standalaone addon (which can be incorporated into the mod,but as far as I can tell from what SuperRat pointed out on the forum and in our PMs infantry units are a priority,and making these will be a challenge since many soldiers did not have full uniforms,soldier boots etc,especially ARBIH).

That's one reason why I said to skip the UN talk and that this would be a good topic. Post pictures,listen to opinions, suggestions...We can help with that and speed up the process. (Whenever I make infantry units the hardest part is to find good inspiration)

This fight with the Kanadians was really nothing more than a little skirmish. I don´t know how they can call this a battle. If that was a battle, then the Croatian Army had a battle every day through the whole 5 years of war.

This fight with the Kanadians was really nothing more than a little skirmish. I don´t know how they can call this a battle. If that was a battle, then the Croatian Army had a battle every day through the whole 5 years of war.

I would consider an event a "battle" when the croations are firing artillery and anti aircraft weaponry at my positions for 14 days...

Guys!... Do a little research :D :D

"battle is a general (nonfriendly ahem! :) ) encounter between armies, ships of war, or [iN THIS CASE] (anti)aircraft" ;)

Edited by NYX87

Ok, from now on I call every day during the war a battle. There was artillery fire every day

Then call it an engagement. With hundreds of artillery rounds, .50 cal and sniper fire, and bursts of 20mm autocannon, there was more firepower (and more fatalities) involved than most of the fights that go on in Afghanistan today. It was not a full-fledged battle because both sides used restraint, and for obvious reasons.

YUGO AAA M55A4 90% done

th_arma2OA2011-07-2115-23-34-35.jpg

th_arma2OA2011-07-2115-23-18-24.jpg

th_arma2OA2011-07-2115-24-24-35.jpg

th_arma2OA2011-07-2115-24-37-03.jpg

there u go NINO :D:bounce3: