superrat

Balkan war mod w.i.p

Hi SuperRat ,

Nice infantry ;-) , HVO are looking good . Thanks for your hard work , reckon this will be a must have MOD when your finnished with it .

Some advice:

1. HVO uses a flag of Herzeg-Bosnia not Croatia

2. There were some T72 tanks

3. HVO uses american uniforms, and helmets

@tetejac, are you sure about point 1? I never saw a croatian soldier with a bosnian flag, they always had either the croatian flag, or at least the croatian shield

@Tonci87 NOT Bosnian flag---- Flag of the Croatian Republic of Herceg-Bosnia. I don't belive you haven't heard of it, and you live in Split.

Herceg-Bosna1.png

Oh sorry, I missunderstood you, Yes of course they used that one

Some advice:

1. HVO uses a flag of Herzeg-Bosnia not Croatia

2. There were some T72 tanks

3. HVO uses american uniforms, and helmets

1. Like Tonci87 I never saw a croatian soldier with Herceg Bosnia (GRB). thats a flag i dont know what are u trying to say. this is a Balkan war mod not Bosnia war mod if we where to make every unite that fought in Bosnia we would never be done.

2. Look at some old pics that SuperRat posted you will see a T72

3. They used what they found all kind of woodland uniforms like ABIH but at the end of the war it was more organized same about the helmet close to 80% of the solder did not even use a Helmet.

Edited by This is Bosnia

I think I have to clarify this a little. There were indeed soldiers that used this hercegovina flag, they were mainly residents from herzegovina, from the region of Imotski if I remember correctly. But most of the Fighters used the traditional croatian Flag. There was also a big number of Croatian Fighters that volunteered to fight in herzegovina.

@This is Bosnia

1. Alright then, I agree, but then you should be talking about HV (Hrvatska Vojska), Not HVO HB, which was NOT established in Croatia but in Croat controlled part of Bosnia and Hercegovina, and it used the above coat of arms.

3. HVO was better equipped than ABiH, because it had help from Croatia and was not surrounded like ABiH.

I know about the Flag of Herceg Bosna but the Grb i have never seen it on a uniform all i know is the HVO and HOS Grb i have never see the Herceg Bosna GRB, i have some pic from Mostar and they all have HVO. can u guys give me some pics.

that what am i try to tall you Herceg Bosna used HVO GRB on your 2 pic they did not use the 1 pic on the shoulder 1st pic they use as a pin on uniform the 1st pin is a ustasa grb, can u show me where a solder wear that grb and not the hvo grb on his shoulder. come to our TS3 so we can talk there.

edit: pics add

1219523728_resized.jpg?t=1225677939 on the bottom right of the pics

Edited by This is Bosnia

I have some problems with ts3.... no matter. Pictures are very rare. If I find some I'll send.

And first pin is NOT ustasa, where did you get that?? It is a legal coat of arms of the Croat people in BiH.

Edited by tetejac33

Or maybe try out the Croatian Soldiers addon I made years ago for Arma1? ;)

sbp_croatian10.jpg

1. he is right, they did use the flag of Herceg-Bosnia.

2. T72s/M84s were used but in very small numbers

3. HVO were a poorly equipt force, some of the uniforms were American made but some were also localy produced. the main feature i have noticed is the use of the M1 helmet. the Fallschirmjager M38 was also a popular helmet.

AS2036.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

wish the m72 had the fold up bipod

The croatian soldiers had this one on their helmet, or on their uniform, couldn´t find it anywhere, so I photographed mine

bild021v.jpg

@Tonci87 that is a army pin, they are talking about Shoulder sleeve insignia (patch).

Wow,this looks promising.I am offering my help,I am very expirienced in texturing,and I am author of somewhat popular mod for Call Of Duty 2 called Yugoslav Wars/Civil War In Yugoslavia.You can find it on my mod list(there is an update of it,but I'm still working on it)

http://callofduty.filefront.com/developer/CRO_White_Wolf;31389

It looks quite good, (and I would love to have 4th guards brigade in Arma)

of course you have to ask the Addonmakers, but my opinion is: the more, the merrier

sa6 for VRS and ZPU57 for HVO and VRS just want to thank FDF Norsu for zpu57 turret

th_arma2OA2011-03-1513-59-17-94.jpg

th_arma2OA2011-03-1514-01-59-66.jpg

th_arma2OA2011-03-1514-04-42-28.jpg

th_arma2OA2011-03-1514-06-22-39.jpg

I'm having flashbacks to BFV seeing that ZPU. :)

My only suggestion is to go back and work on the turret texture a bit after release. It looks good now, but I think that it's a bit off, not sure why, but it's tugging on my sleeve to get me to say something :p

Yeah I notice that too, I think some kind of reflexion is missing. It looks more like plastic then metal. But apart from that, THIS IS AWESOME

the HVO zpu is noticeble will work on that bit more trust me i lost i lot of nerves on that althogh i am happy with result