Sign in to follow this  
Crierd

VTS vs. MCC

Hey everyone,

I have been looking at some videos about ArmA and etc over the past few days while in school or just doinking around, waiting for my ArmA updates and etc and I was curious, what's the difference between the MCC and VTS? Specifically, the new MCC with Shaygman1, I realize it was implemented yesterday but I was hoping someone with some experience with the two could shed some light on the differences?

VTS

MCC

Thanks!

Kind Reguards,

Crierd

Edited by Crierd

Well from my personal experience, I quit using VTS only bc it would crash at the worst times when i was using it, It might have changed by now but I'm happy with MCC. both are probably about as powerfull as each other ( i think mcc with rte might have vts beat by a short lead) but for me I prefer MCC.

I have created very very very large scale missions on all parts of the map at the same time with little to no real issues.

Last time i used VTS it was crashing during formation... I know for a fact its gotten better tho so I dont want to bash vts but like I said I have settled into MCC and I'm happy to stick with it.

Main difference is going to be the gui, both are full of stuff, but I think MCC is better organized.

Next one is the tutorial videos for MCC show you just about all you need to get started making complex missions. I never found one for VTS, but im sure theyre out there.

Lastly, and Im not sureabout VTS, but I know MCC will use any addon you have in your game folder and make it easily spawnable (provided you can find what the author used for faction and name), So as long as the server has the bikey or is unsigned you can spawn it. If other players dont have the mod, no biggie itll just be invisible to them.

MCC is easiest to use IMHO but we have guys at the 506th who would disagree and still like vts so I think it boils down to the user.

Biased for MCC,

sleeep

Well this isn't a competition. Both of them are made without us getting paid or even fame (we are using nick names). Just try both and enjoy whatever you like.

I must admit, VTS was the reason I learned scripting in order to redo MCC to the thing you see today. So VTS is a great great tool.

My vote is VTS. ;)

I have been using VTS constantly since it came out and I have not had one crash due to it.

having just tried MCC I am afraid that because it uses ACE (which I respect but don't really prefer) I doubt if I will use MCC. Also MCC is more complicated in it's layout (clipping of names etc) whereas VTS is simpler to use. The camera function on VTS is a REAL winner. Sure its not perfect and the revive is a little screwy (but norrin is having a look at it).

I do thank gman for MCC and it IS lovely. Just too ACE and not as simple for me.

both are good, and are reasonably similar in function. VTS reads addons automatically from the server just like MCC, but isn't ACE dependent. I think the layout of MCC is a little neater, and quicker to use allthough I've only played with it for a few short minutes, where I have hours and hours of time in VTS.

However I do plan on making a switch from VTS to MCC due to the cleaner and more organized GUI, plus i can save a mission i've built and re-load it later.

I am not that happy on the word "better" when comparing free of charge deliverd products to be real honost. Better is a word used when comparing the product to your wishes and desires. So by expressing what you expect of it the word "better" can be seen as a better match instead of better in terms of competition. That said, comparing the difference i have no issues with, it helps people choosing what they see fit.

However, crierd, it would be nice to then link the first post to the right MCC release and not the outdated first release.

This is the right one:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13138

Secondly, this thread is in the mod discussion part. Its debatable of what a mod is but by delivering a mission file i think it suits more into user missions. I will be no part of comparing one and other but be rather part in informing those who want in what MCC is capable off. There is no need for being part in decisions making from my end as a mcc developer, people can choose them self withe information provided. If this thread continues then please let it be constructive and non-offensive. Purely help in decision making.

FYI There is more out there, for example Battlecentre from Sickboy, 6thsense.

Edited by spirit6

yeah yeah, go play DCS: A10 or sth depth..

No I think you did an excellent job on the latest MCC Shay, I'm really amazed.

I tried using battlecenter once, but the layout was a bit too unorganized for me.

I think that taking the best parts of each would be amazing ..... perhaps even a collaboration :)

Although we would need an ACE and a NO ACE version :)

I'm just thankful that we have amazing coders that can make things like this. There is no need to comment on which one is better as it depends on what you need.

Many thanks to all !

Tried both, im sticking to VTS. I have used this alot and it gives me more opportunities than I get with MCC. MCC have some cool features build in, and may be more easy and straight forward for some though, hard to compare them against each other. It's really up to what you want the most.