Sign in to follow this  
Dogma2011

Arma 2 OA Sound issues

I got my hands on Arma OA and installed it to my computer with no problems, I was told to update to the 1.57 patch so I did but now i have lost the sound to the game. I reinstalled the game and the patch and still have the same problem.

Anyone else had this problem

Yeah what he said above... some info would help.

Have you made any other changes? Have you looked in your sound properties to see if the right device is selected? Are your speakers plugged in? Are they on? Do they work? Do you use a hearing aid? Is it turned on?

Thanks for the help or lack of it from MOSH, great Forum. No I havent made any changes to the computer and the only changes to the game are to the video/graphics. The sound is working fine before I update to the 1.57 patch. My Arma 2 is working fine

Are you using any MODs? If so try without them, especially sound Mods.

Does any Error pop up on your screen?

What are your actual specs? You'd be surprised at just helpful knowing your specs is for those that are trying to help you.

What does your ArmaOA.RPT file say?

Have you tried playing Combined Operations instead of operation arrowhead as standalone, as it combines arma 2 and arrowhead? Did the sound work then?

Without all these kind of details its kind of hard to beable to give you any helpful advise, and any given would just be a stab in the dark, hoping it nails the problem.

Additional Question:

Forgot to ask earlier - But are you using a steam version? am guessing that your not since you had to upgrade yourself, but still its best to ask.

Edited by teaboy
Additional question added

Hi Teaboy

No I dont have any mods

No Error comes up on thr screen

I have no idea where to find ArmaOA.RPT (Please advise)

No not tried this, I dont have it on my computer.

I am running HP Touch Smart 300 - Win7, AMD Athlon 2,

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Hi Teaboy

No I dont have any mods

I am running HP Touch Smart 300 - Win7, AMD Athlon 2, ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphic

if you have operation flashpoint use combined operations instead of running operation flashpoing. you DO have it on your computer if you have both games installed. if you want help you should be a bit nicer too :):).

My problem is the voice change in Arma 2 for Arma 2 characters, running combined operations. Just destroys the emersion really. lol. One minute you have coopers voice making the orders then the same character has a different voice lol. Its quite silly. Its ok if i just run Arma 2 but it woul dbe nice to have a fix so i can run everything in Combined Operations and not use ARMA 2.exe at all.

Hi Teaboy

No I dont have any mods

I am running HP Touch Smart 300 - Win7, AMD Athlon 2,

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Hi Teaboy

No I dont have any mods

I am running HP Touch Smart 300 - Win7, AMD Athlon 2, ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphic

You can find the .RPT file here - C:\Users\(your PC Username)\Appdata\Local\ARMA 2 OA

I have the same issue as of today, I am highly doubting it'll be just his soundcard.

Did a short review of my .RPT file and got this... If someone can tell me more I wouldn't mind PMing my full .RPT file.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundEngine'.

Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundEnviron'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundDammage'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundCrash'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundLandCrash'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundWaterCrash'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundGetIn'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundGetOut'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundServo'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundEngineOnInt'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundEngineOffInt'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundEngineOnExt'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundEngineOffExt'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundLocked'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.soundIncommingMissile'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.SoundEnvironExt'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.SoundGear'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.SoundEquipment'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LibILCTA_hid.weapons'.

Edit: I completely reinstalled my Operation Arrowhead and got my sound working again. I'd recommend doing the same.

Edited by Sif