Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 77068

Well, it doesn't look like one of those bigger patches. More like a cute one. Lets call it puppy beta, shall we? :wink_o:

The list may be small but a fix is still a fix ;)

Thanks BIS! Will try it out tomorrow...

/KC

wih bis there are always fixes under the hood besides those which are listed in the changelogs..;)

[77011] Fixed: Av-8 sometimes performed long series of full rolls when disengaging from a target.

I wonder how the developers find these kind of so called sometimes-bugs when nobody has reported them in CIT (but instead there are 810 open bugs to be resolved, including some duplicates ofcourse).:(

I wonder how the developers find these kind of so called sometimes-bugs when nobody has reported them in CIT (but instead there are 810 open bugs to be resolved, including some duplicates ofcourse).:(

Yes, please, devs, stop fixing bugs we didn't list ..... :confused:

Fixing a bug when you find one is utterly stupid

This AV8B bug might be an ARMA2 old bug. Maybe BIS now start to fix ARMA2 again, whereas this beta is an OA beta. Maybe there will be a CO patch in the soon future.

You could argue out of the 810 CIT tickets how many of them are also happening "sometimes" by people who reported them of which BIS has priority over anyway as they find them themselves.

Is there a way to reprogram the IFF or to enable locking of "friendly-type" of vehicles even when they are flown by enemy side? Its annoying to see:

- I take off as BLUFOR/West pilot in BLUFOR/West plane

- I cannot lock enemy OPFOR/East AH6 with AA missile

After playing more this beta. I spotted few flaws - when AI chopper lands it makes first a fast manoveur down closer to ground. While in that state, it may hit into trees very easily.

And the groupmembers and HC groups are again really slow sometimes after firefights even when there isnt currently any hostiles nearby. Moving few 100 meters may take 5-10minutes. Groupmembers can often leave much behind without careing at all where the leader (player) goes.

And I need to remind of that contruction interface. You cant build objects next to each other or anywhere near trees. Same for static guns. In ArmA2, this was still better. Now in combined operations building any objects is useless and you cant have any cover for the static guns.

But still the performance and many other things are getting better and better. I just hope there will be more tweaks for AI.

Edited by SaOk

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to downloads.bistudio.com

Suggestions:

Go to bistudio.***com

Try reloading: ftp:***/***/***downloads.***bistudio.***com/***arma2.***com/***update/***beta/***ARMA2_OA_Build_7***7068.***zip

Search on Google:

Please Bis, i know you are doing a great job for trying to make this game better and better (and you are doing it) but please fix the LOD problem, grass popping on and off (specially the white grass) and some structures texture blinking, i know that you did something with these bugs in previous betas but they arent totally fix jet. Arma 2 and OA looks very beatifull grafically if you doesnt move and watch the horizon, but if you start moving (on foot and specially with vehicles) you will see what i mean. I want to know if i am the only one who has this problem....im sure im not.

I continuosly defragment my HD and have a good computer (Core I7 2.8- 6 GB ram- Windows 7- gforce 285 gtx) .

And i doesnt need to post another ticket for it, BIS already know what im talking about.

@NEC

No you are not the only one ;) I hope since long time for a better LOD..

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to downloads.bistudio.com

Suggestions:

Go to bistudio.***com

Try reloading: ftp:***/***/***downloads.***bistudio.***com/***arma2.***com/***update/***beta/***ARMA2_OA_Build_7***7068.***zip

Search on Google:

problem of Chrome itself with FTP ...

is it supposed to be like that? you cannot kill the AI-passengers of a vehicle (UAZ example) with hydra missiles, even if i hit it directly. instead the AI steps as nothing happened

Edited by fraghetti

I'm seeing some "under fire"/"someone is shooting at me"-false alerts lately, while running through Takistan, but clearly noone has been shot at. I guess someone must have injured himself while navigating through the desert/rocks.

Since the leader will switch to danger-mode immediately, this get's a little bit annoying, besides beeing simply out of place, causing confusion and breaking immersion.

Had some time in this beta yesterday and wonder if it's my imagination or not... anyone else seeing the LOD-issue getting somwhat worse (again) with this build over 76934 and 77007 builds?

/KC

Yeah, I have seen some few blinking more in trees again. But the grass is very fine. It also changes some LOD, but I think its just my medium setting. The very heavy grass blinking is gone for me and the game looks amazing now.

Soak, can you confirm that the "white" grass blinking is fixed, because im still xperienced it. And the ugly LOD problem still there too.

For me, all the small vegetation and grass have worked good in last few betas. Maybe its different in Geforce cards. I have HD6870.

^

Same here with HD5770. Grass is popping up as you get close, but not blinking.

I agree there's noticable improvements with LOD and blinking issues from latest beta patches :D

Certainly could use alot more work, and still the odd LOD flashes but its definately more stable on my Nvidia GTS 250..Getting great performance lately

Biggest prob i'm still having is the jumpy AI on multiplayer but im guessing thats more server related

Hope BIS keeps these fixes coming for awhile, starting to enjoy the game more and more now :cool: Just bought PMC thanks to the steady improvements i've been seeing

After playing more this beta. I spotted few flaws - when AI chopper lands it makes first a fast manoveur down closer to ground. While in that state, it may hit into trees very easily.

I'm seeing this in 77007 as well. I haven't tested this beta, just 77007. A bit of a problem west of Kinsella on Duala for me last night.

As for the blinking white LODs, switching AA off (as mentioned in the 77007 thread, I think) fixed that for me w/ my 5850. I know it's not the perfect answer, but it works.