Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

Holly cow Sickboy that is some new information I didn't know.

I always liked DAC so now I have the excuse to look into it further, might poke you on Wave.

About the name what the SG stands for?

Holly cow Sickboy that is some new information I didn't know.

I always liked DAC so now I have the excuse to look into it further, might poke you on Wave.

About the name what the SG stands for?

Shay Gman :yay:

mmm if DAC is available indeed without addon requirement as said sicky (and thanks for your work into this MCC again in the beginning of days), then it might be plugged in as another engine.

The interface and its final engine (currently UPSMON) are seperated so a replace or (even cooler) a choice to use an engine would be totaly cool ineed.

Wait, so if I download a DAC-requiring mission, I don't need to run @DAC at all? I never knew DAC was included in ACE either...

suggestion!

add the mso3.3 link(current version) scripts available to the MM, where he can also point their random spawn locations with a quick click on the map, or set the zone / faction to use (only opfor used in their example mission),* and are only activated by getting within 1000 meters (last one is default).

*Could prolly be done just as easily in MCC i suppose but it might make it a bit more random while driving and or flying around the map...

This script also allows for the players to use all of the static things (sandbags, m2, mortar, ammo boxes, h barriers) to be loaded into vehicles or conex boxes, and also for vehicles to have the abiltiy to be towed / lifted. Oh and it also saves your current location / gear if youve disconnected and rejoined.

I think this could be valuable for rts / warfare type game modes or even a simple coop.

Also any chance on an end task type option (ie. when this is destroyed task is completed). When I make a mission and a task is completed while im afk or not online it kinda kills the forward momentum.

I'm just stripping out the ACE stuff to play it 'vanilla'

Easy to do.

Will have a play in a bit :)

[quote='[506th PIR

Also any chance on an end task type option (ie. when this is destroyed task is completed). When I make a mission and a task is completed while im afk or not online it kinda kills the forward momentum.

Create an end game trigger.

Edited by shay_gman

Create and end game trigger.

um, will that not end the game tho?

I meant task specific when there are multiple tasks

Absolutely awsome stuff here guys, though I'm still trying to get my head around a couple of things,

1. Does the construction module allow non mission controllers to build stuff within thier cash limit or is it simply another form of interacting with object placement.

2. RTE is still best for placing non faction aligned objects/buildings or units with waypoints but these dont appear to be saved to the clipboard for later usage. Are they supposed to be? Am I doing something wrong? At a glance the safe function only appears to work with stuff spawned on a MCC zone.

Absolutely awsome stuff here guys, though I'm still trying to get my head around a couple of things,

1. Does the construction module allow non mission controllers to build stuff within thier cash limit or is it simply another form of interacting with object placement.

From what I understand the MM places the hq for any team, whoever deploys it controls it from then on.

2. RTE is still best for placing non faction aligned objects/buildings or units with waypoints but these dont appear to be saved to the clipboard for later usage. Are they supposed to be? Am I doing something wrong? At a glance the safe function only appears to work with stuff spawned on a MCC zone.

I think the new 3d view without using RTE gets rid of that issue.

RTE is not a part of MCC as said before. MCC just holds a button to start RTE, i cant state that enough.

All functions withing MCC itself are able to safe/save and functions out (like RTE) is not. So anything out = NOT anything with = DOES. So as the 3d editor is within and a MCC function it is. Hope that clears it up (again) as the RTE seems to cause a lot of confusement to ppl ;)

Edited by spirit6

RTE is not a part of MCC as said before. MCC just holds a button to start RTE, i cant state that enough.........Hope that clears it up (again) as the RTE seems to cause a lot of confusement to ppl ;)

Thanks for the clarification spirit6. I thought that was the case, and sorry if it's a repeat question. I suppose with unpbo'ed files supplied its easy enough to do a bit of prep work and place the non-faction elements earlier. It seems a lot here see this as a all in one package but I see it has even more potential as a mission back bone or template

Sleep;1851080']From what I understand the MM places the hq for any team' date=' whoever deploys it controls it from then on.[/quote']

Thats good

I think the new 3d view without using RTE gets rid of that issue.

Mostly, though it was the non-faction objects. ie: generic buildings that I dont see in the MCC console that I was curious about. Maybee I'm blind, but at any rate my respose to spirt6 agrees that its a moot point. Still like the RTE option though.

@Berserker, Yes we do that sometimes. Using MCC as backabone is common.

What buildings are you talking about?

Emap maybe? let us know if something is missing we'll do our best to fix it.

I'm just stripping out the ACE stuff to play it 'vanilla'

Easy to do.

Will have a play in a bit :)

Well playing it without ACE is like taking a shower with a rain coat ;) you are loosing alot of functions.

Sleep;1850984']um' date=' will that not end the game tho?

I meant task specific when there are multiple tasks[/quote']

I see what you mean. I'll put that on my to do list. although tasks aren't completed automaticly only by MM.

Just status about DAC dreams. I took a look last night. I still thinking about how the user interface should look like in order to implement it. I don't believe it will replace UPSMON as some features are missing in DAC (such as fortify and ambush) so a dual AI controled probably be the answer. Still no clue how the new UI will look like.

Edited by shay_gman

My God i hate finding things like this :D

Just got back from working abroad, got in at 0200 with every intention of going to bed after a quick check of the forums. Its now bloody 0722.....

I've been sat here making war with this, frankly brilliant system, all night.

I will get stuck into it alot more i'm sure, but for now i just want to well done.

I understand about not using ACE is hobbling a little but I can live with that.

Oh btw, the MCC works great with the script version of DAC (although it throws up warning about not being initialised) :) I'll look into why this is the case.

Is it possible to award money to kills so that we can then buy more buildings etc with the MHQ?

Oh and one final request ... LOVING the 3D placement camera, but could we also get a camera that can 'grab' an object inside the circle and re-move it please?

Starting .... to ..... really ..... like ..... this (never thought I'd say it as I'm a VTS fanboi !)

Is it possible to award money to kills so that we can then buy more buildings etc with the MHQ?

You can add eventhandler via RTE. But i'm planing to add more function to the COIN interface so you could reward tasks with cash and maybe recruit AIs.

We wanted to hear what you guys think and what you like or dislike for further scripting.

Oh and one final request ... LOVING the 3D placement camera, but could we also get a camera that can 'grab' an object inside the circle and re-move it please?

Yes this is allready a WIP, I just learned how to create camera dialog last week and this week I learned the key hadler. So i'm guessing you'll be able to pick move and delete objects from the 3D in a week or so.

Good man. This is REALLY shaping up. Having more information on the camera would also be good (like grid ref etc) or to be able to join one group to another.

Still getting used to all the functions.

Will try and add Reezo's IED detector scripts in, Lurchi's AC130 and madbull's R3F arty and logistics and I'll be set :)

I know you dont like thinking of MCC as a GameMaster mode but it will do a GREAT job as one (if only there was a button that SHOWED all units - perhaps the parameter to be enabled in the options ? )

Sorry gman ... stream of consciousness here as I'm starting to get REALLY excited about it.

Edited by Kremator

Well mate there is the size of the mission that counts too. I did in the past added R3F and C-130 scripts but they are just too big concerning the 3.8MB that this mission is.

On a community the download size is an issue so we don't want to put it to the limit for the rare uses of it. So C-130 is added only for specials. And R3F is replaced by existing ACE logistigs (carrying, sling-loading, towing) and up to come artillery system.

About the IED detector, it do scan for IED and satchels only so it will have limited use with the build in IED system.

But let us know of your finidings.

Perhaps moving stuff into an addon could be helpful? Could also be optional - so if addon found - extended features are available, otherwise not.

I've got custom zSync repository (just requires a web-server) with Missions support in the Six Updater now though - so missions can be synced just like mods - saving the download of the mission everytime for all users ;-)

Edited by Sickboy

What buildings are you talking about?

Emap maybe? let us know if something is missing we'll do our best to fix it.

Ah sorry, In hind sight my description was woefully inadequate. I was meaning some 3rd party buildings ie. my stadium ,and those revealed by editor upgrades, wich are not strategic or connected to a faction, just pure objects. But like I said its no big deal, thery are probably not the sort of thing you should be placing in the middle of a mission but if need be RTE will do the job.

Seems to be an issue with the deploy hq for non MM.

they couldnt deploy it no matter what only me as the mission maker could. this goes for all teams.

also, maybe im not doing it right but the mobile respawn didnt seem to want to work

Sleep;1851654']Seems to be an issue with the deploy hq for non MM.

they couldnt deploy it no matter what only me as the mission maker could. this goes for all teams.

also' date=' maybe im not doing it right but the mobile respawn didnt seem to want to work[/quote']

There is no issue but basicly fucntionality as intended. There is nobody in MCC other then the logged in mission maker that can do anything. This makes sure only one person makes the mission.

Please the explain the order in which you try to achieve mobile respawn.

What i meant about the hq is that the other players cant use the construction part... I might be doing it wrong.

Sleep;1851815']What i meant about the hq is that the other players cant use the construction part... I might be doing it wrong.

I'll look into it. Probably I did something wrong.

Sleep;1851654']

also' date=' maybe im not doing it right but the mobile respawn didnt seem to want to work[/quote']

About the mobile respawn:

1. Place a start zone for the given side first.

2. Place a mobile respawn vehiclie.

3. Don't turn off respawn.

Let me know if this is how you did it. We had this issue before and I thought we solved it.

BTW if some can confirm that markers and task sync is fixed for jip that will be great. Sorry for that for now time is the issue of my life or should I say spare time is the issue of my life. Everything is tested for MP dedicated but I don't always have the time to test it with others.

Perhaps moving stuff into an addon could be helpful? Could also be optional - so if addon found - extended features are available, otherwise not.

I've got custom zSync repository (just requires a web-server) with Missions support in the Six Updater now though - so missions can be synced just like mods - saving the download of the mission everytime for all users ;-)

Your new Updater is an eye's candy. Looking sexsiest then ever. I'm planing testing it this weekend.

Edited by shay_gman