Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

go in a text file and press ctrl+v

Thx friend...:)

Hey man just started taking a look at this over VTS and i gotta say it's rather nice. The only issues i have with it are the lack of ability to set patrol patterns and paths and a choosable shop for buying things like guns and ammo from (With VTS you could set it to a object or person, really whatever. i do not believe you can do that with this tool).

That is it, you have done a fantastic job of making this do everything it did and better minus the above!

Nice Work with the sandbox.

I have a problem. I safe my mission and save it in a text file.

But when I go to reload it it gets errors in the mission. Like buggy Zone #1

Its a 10 by 10 but saved as 50 by 100. Unable to set back to 50 by 100.

Is this something iam doing wrong?

@Kevaskous

Thanks, the idea behind MCC is not to get into a micro managment and let the AI behave in a random way every time. But if you really want to micro manage the AI here is a solutions. Put an AI commander, hijack him, make him high commander and then you'll have full control on the enemy side forces.

About the kiosk thing, maybe one day when i'll have the time.

@Warts can it be that you are using criolic language operation system, if it is check the first post.

@Warts can it be that you are using criolic language operation system, if it is check the first post.

That was it Thx!

@Kevaskous

Thanks, the idea behind MCC is not to get into a micro managment and let the AI behave in a random way every time. But if you really want to micro manage the AI here is a solutions. Put an AI commander, hijack him, make him high commander and then you'll have full control on the enemy side forces.

About the kiosk thing, maybe one day when i'll have the time.

I see, well the features are still very useful to have. Can you explain what you mean by full control? Because sometimes I want the troops to patrol between two points. Not to mention setting a radius on a star patrol pattern etc.

I see, well the features are still very useful to have. Can you explain what you mean by full control? Because sometimes I want the troops to patrol between two points. Not to mention setting a radius on a star patrol pattern etc.

I'll try explaining myself again.

MCC have an option to turn any player into high commander using the BIS high commander module.

There can be up to 3 commanders in any given time, one for each side.

So, if I want to make something more stright forward and skip the UPSMON randomness. Let's say a chopper landing or a spacific patrol, I usually span a singe unit from then enemy side, usually an officer so it will be easy for me to spot him from the enemy's name list in the Unit Managment menu in menu 4.

Then i'm hijacking him, make myself high commander, adding the desired groups as my subordents then giving them spacific tasks, as looping patrol pattern or special WP, keep in mind that once the AI finished with the High command WPs they will go back to their zone task unless they spawned on passive behavior.

This way I can play a bit as the enemy high commander an adding some human intellegente to the AI, though sometimes the AI is better then the HI. :eek:

Yeah being able to make static patrol routes is nice for setting up base camps and occupations. It's something we really enjoy doing as we do ALOT of night time guerrilla warfare.

Hey, long time no seen.

I have had this as an issue quite long. When you hijack an AI.

Set him as Commander so you can control the forces, go back to your main player.. You can't hijack the AI anymore because he is a 'Player'

Could that be fixed?

Hey Shay, is there any way I can change the units used in the mission, or even only keep MCC and remove a lot of the F2 framework?

I am not a big fan of the Shacktac layout as we normally have smaller games with up to 15 people, I am afraid I will ruin the mission if I try to change it.

You might have a problem with the SF Halo script though if you change the SF units to something else, you might have to verify that if you change the units (possibly edit the script). At least in 1.61. Not sure if there are any other scripts that check unit class, but if there are they'll need to be updated as well. Other than that, it's a simple search and replace (or delete and re-create in editor).

Wait, I tried to change the units, I deleted all the units, added 2 squads of USMC, 2 of US Army, 2 of BAF, 1 Czech, and 4 pilots, then added removeAllWeapons this into their init, and so far it seems they don't get the mission generator interface, although it was only on SP.

Mission is not sp-compatible. You're probably getting some sort of script error before you even reach the line of code that creates the menu action. Try running the game with the -showScriptErrors parameter (and/or look at your RPT file).

And again, this mission should only work in MP.

Anyone having issues with units not showing up sometimes in the menus for spawning. Im getting reports of people only being able to spawn non ace units occasionally. Specifically west groups or individual units was one of them.

Anyone having issues with units not showing up sometimes in the menus for spawning. Im getting reports of people only being able to spawn non ace units occasionally. Specifically west groups or individual units was one of them.

Hi there is an array building every time you are changing the faction. Try to refresh it by choosing the type of unit after changing faction. If this dosen't help please provide a methood to reproduce the problame.

I can't seem to recreate their problem, all the menus are working for me. I have had issues with the taki east side not spawn at all on the hellskitchen map (sangin).

Suggestion tho if its not already there. The ability to make the ai stay in the 10x10 area you spawn them in. Even under contact.

Example: You spawn east side as fortify to enter a building and you want them to stay in that building.

Hardest thing with that sleep is that because all the AI routines are handled via UPSMON there may not be enough building positions for the AI to occupy when given the fortify command. You'd probably have to check the building to make sure. I know crB came out with a script setup a while back to number house positions available in a specific building. But back on topic-ish. Great to see you're continuing to develop this shay et al. Great mission building tool :D

Suggestion tho if its not already there. The ability to make the ai stay in the 10x10 area you spawn them in. Even under contact.

Example: You spawn east side as fortify to enter a building and you want them to stay in that building.

This requires changing UPSMON to support that. Have been requested many times in the UPSMON thread, though unfortunately there's nobody actually working on UPSMON anymore, other than a few fixes made by Rafalski, so it's hard to expect a more significant change such as this. :(

Sorry for not releasing new versions of MCC for a while. Well I started to work on dedicated AI behavior script for MCC, something that relay on morale and leadership rather then constant scripts. I have some progress with it but it is a big and ambition project to conquer.

At the meanwhile regarding the request I used to have in earlier versions of MCC (some where around 1.2) populate zone button. That randomly spawn AI in buildings position by definition of thin, medium or crowded it was build around some ArmA 1 script which I can't remember it's name.

I can add this button again easily if you want to, I'll just dig in my repo and make a new GUI button.

Well, keep at work on your project. If you have time to add the old script and it works for keeping ai in a house that would be great.

What I'll most likely do is add the garrison script to the server/mission (w/e is needed) and use the 3d editor ability to place things with an init script and do it that way for now.

Keep up the great work! Thanks for all the help since MCC's release!

Ive downloaded this and it looks great..have been just playing around with it getting used to how it works..but I have a couple of dumb questions..

Where is this "clipboard" that saves the mission?

And is this savable once a mission is made to load up later to replay again and again..?

Is RTE availible through 6 updater?

Thanks for the great work..should be fun once I get the hang of it.

JC