Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

Tweet has greatly improved the Undercover script, we are using it in quite some missions, you might want to get in contact with him, for further informations.

Cheers

Sonsalt

Atm those scripts are running local on each client that is playing as a undercover agent, they are however usable since it doesnt present any "pc lag" issues

The passport part of the scripts is disabled since I have a bug that I cant seem to solve easily.

Currently I am porting those scripts so that they will be running serverside and not local to the client to reduce performance issues in the future where I will add even more options like security checkpoints and safe houses.

grtz Tweet

I tested 1.6.1 on dedicated and it still has no ACRE or ACE menus, from previous missions I made I have figured out F2 framework can do this, is it possible to get a version with the editor and stuff, but without most of the shacktactical orientated stuff?

I tested 1.6.1 on dedicated and it still has no ACRE or ACE menus, from previous missions I made I have figured out F2 framework can do this, is it possible to get a version with the editor and stuff, but without most of the shacktactical orientated stuff?

According to AZDooD disabling the nameTags option solved that issue for him. Please, check it out.

You can open the init file and disable the F2 thing just like any normal F2 based mission.

@Tweet, Let me know how it is going with your scripts. Honestly, so far ArmA didn't shine in terms of sneaking, it is all up to distance and knowsabout factors, especially in an open sandbox missions. I'm not sure I want to delve into this area more then I already did so far. But of curse I'll gladly add any working script that will enhance game experience.

@ su79eu7k Thanks for the bug reports. I'll fix this spelling mistake next time. It was urgent to fix the 3D thing and I didn't have time testing. About the +, - buttons, you need to first give the side initials funds, then you can add or subtract funds by using +,-.

Edited by shay_gman

ah ok thanks, yeah I'll remember that next time, many thanks for the awesome mission aswell man, I love making missions with this thing.

Hey is there any steps I should follow if I want to change the units, or remove most of them? My clan will only really get up to 20 people on in one go, so we don't need 105 slots or whatever, plus also being able to make some different version would be sweet, like a BAF one, Bink SF one etc.

From what I have seen it looks quite tightly knit into the parameters etc.

The 105 slots are not for 105 players :) Instead they are for 105 roles, rather you want to have a fighter jets mission, an infantry, SF or armor mission. You just have to pick another role and you'll have the custom markers and gear (thanks to F2).

Regarding your question, this is easily done:

1. Unpbo the files.

2. Open the mission in BIS MP editor like normal mission.

3. Change/delete the units.

4. Save the MP mission.

5. Pbo it again.

6. Have fun.

@Tweet, Let me know how it is going with your scripts. Honestly, so far ArmA didn't shine in terms of sneaking, it is all up to distance and knowsabout factors, especially in an open sandbox missions. I'm not sure I want to delve into this area more then I already did so far. But of curse I'll gladly add any working script that will enhance game experience.

Hi Shay, I'll keep you updated on the scripts, they are working but I am not happy with the fact that the AI currently detects undercover agents when they take out weapons without a "line of sight" between them

That turns out to be a real deal-breaker, am looking into a script from Mando Missile Mod that was posted as a reply on the question for a LOS-script, if it does what I hope it does I will ask permission and implement it

Sickboy was kind enough to provide me with project space on dev-heaven, once all input of the current status of the undercover agents is done I will make the project public so everyone that is intrested can keep track of the development and give feedback

Summary of current status:

- 4 scripts running parallel to check all 4 detection conditions

- 1 script to monitor if one of those 4 scripts returns true

- the detection is now immediate when conditions are met (looptime < 1 second)

- minor bug in passport check being performed by AI not in a group

- possible lag on client due to the fact that all scripts run local to client (not reported yet but in theory it should cause lag :p)

Future fixes:

- port all scripts to run on the server instead of client

- adding L.O.S. to condition for being detected

- adding parameter to give UA radios (none, short range, long range)

- adding parameter to allow "radio use" with ACRE as a detection condition

- cleanup of the UA gearscripts to make changes in gear easier for mission makers

grtz Tweet

You might not need a LOS-script, perhaps you can do with simple knowsAbout, or more elaborate nearTargets.

Perceived position accuracy could be used to get your own knowsAbout level.

When high enough you could assume they have a LOS, or had a LOS etc.

You might not need a LOS-script, perhaps you can do with simple knowsAbout, or more elaborate nearTargets.

ah cool thx, the scripts are using nearTargets atm but they dont take the position accuracy into account whatsoever, will see if I can figure out how to deal with the different values of the perceived position accuracy

Yup this is what the script do ATM, check for targets check for knowsabout and distance. It is working but hold your horses don't go and spend the money you saved for Hitman 2012 it is still arma and still military simulation, it’s like making a FPS in Minecraft, oh wait they did it, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_of_Spades_(video_game)

Fail.

Interesting idea. Though instead of perceived position accuracy you could just use the real accuracy (distance between perceived position to real position), if it's small enough most likely that you have been detected. Either method should be very easy to add into the script, too (at least to the modified version I made, but probably also to the original one since it's just a little extra requirement for the detection condition).

One thing I noticed was that for some reason I44 units would never appear in either the 2D spawn menu or the 3D spawn menu, even after Updating several times, closing the dialog/reopening it or selecting a different faction and going back. Updating is also very slow and not at all as fast as shown in the videos.

Edit: And why is the range of lives set so low? Where is the infinite number of lives option?

Edited by Tark

closing the dialog/reopening it or selecting a different faction and going back. Updating is also very slow and not at all as fast as shown in the videos.

QUOTE]

Processing is done on the client side, so if you hold a good old Commodore 64 it will probably be slower then on the NASA supercomputer. So its rather subjective.

closing the dialog/reopening it or selecting a different faction and going back. Updating is also very slow and not at all as fast as shown in the videos.

QUOTE]

Processing is done on the client side, so if you hold a good old Commodore 64 it will probably be slower then on the NASA supercomputer. So its rather subjective.

Oh, yes, that would seem to be the case.

Hello, shay_gman. Can I try to turn on F2 AI Skill selector(coop/A&D but especially A&D) based on HOWTO...? If it's not possible, what's the default value of AI skill of MCC Sandbox? (Just curiosity :)) Thank you!

Hello, shay_gman. Can I try to turn on F2 AI Skill selector(coop/A&D but especially A&D) based on HOWTO...? If it's not possible, what's the default value of AI skill of MCC Sandbox? (Just curiosity :)) Thank you!

AI skill is depending on config file defaults and server settings. MCC just spawns stuff and does not influence AI skill.

That is, unless the patrol scripts influence the AI but so far i have not seen such thing. MCC influences on what the AI should do but does not influence low level settings like that.

The F2 skill selector is not active by default but i have no doubt it will work, specialy because as above mentioned, MCC does not influence it itself. So no conflicts.

Edited by spirit6

As far as I know default skill for spawned units is 1. Of course it is then affected by difficulty settings in some unclear manner, just like in any other mission. Tested by using skill _unit on a unit spawned by bis_fnc_spawngroup.

I also doubt that the F2 skill selector will work on units that didn't exist during F2 initialization.

I also doubt that the F2 skill selector will work on units that didn't exist during F2 initialization.

Good point. But thats maybe an F2 framework related question. If somebody knows how it behaves with spawned units then let it know.

Well it basically takes the allUnits variable (assigned to f_var_units and then to _units), splits it into several arrays based on sides, and then sets the skill of those units. So if you run it at the start of the mission expect it to do absolutely nothing.

You could easily add an option to set AI skill for the spawned groups (either by using the relevant parameter in bis_fnc_spawngroup or just using the setSkill command after the group is spawned). The only real difficulty is adding it to the UI...

Speaking of adding things to the UI, some things like a "reset all gear" button and a "delete all dead bodies" button would be nice. I could easily script the functions for those but I have absolutely no clue how to actually add them to the UI.

Hi, yesterday we had one of our Team evenings using MCC and played a mission on Lingor. The Mission maker called in an enemy LGB CAS and today I studied the logs because I searched something and found this error:

Error in expression <ertargets select 0);
waitUntil {(_plane distance[_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 2>
 Error position: <distance[_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 2>
 Error Type Any, expected Number
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.lingor\mcc\general_scripts\cas\cas_execute.sqf, line 519

These lines showed up 278857 times!!!!!

Lines 514 - 521

case "LGB":	//LGB
			{ 
			waitUntil {(_plane distance _pos) < 1000};
			_lasertargets = nearestObjects[_pos,["LaserTarget"],1000];
			_pos = getpos (_lasertargets select 0);
			waitUntil {(_plane distance[_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 200]) < 300};
			_nul=[(_lasertargets select 0), getpos _plane,"Bo_GBU12_LGB",100,false,""] execvm "mcc\general_scripts\CAS\missile_guide.sqf"
			};

EDIT: Ok, everything works fine BUT when I call a LGB CAS and point the SOFLAM right to the target, no problem, plane comes, bomb comes, plane goes. BUT when I call an LGB CAS with no SOFLAM pointing at the target the upper error shows up. And the error only disappear when I do a map change. I didn't test what happens when I turn on the Lasermarker after the error showed up.

Is it possible not to spam the logs full when there is no laser target? For a 90 minutes mission the error made a 76 Mb large log with 278857 (all 5 lines) times of the error in it. :-D

Tasel

Edited by Tasel

Hi Tasel there is a know problam with Lingor or at least some part of it, it something to do with the hight of the island. Sometimes when you'll open the 3D editor you'll have to roll your mouse roll up and up till you'll see the units and everything that have to do with CAS fail most of the time, even AI air units have trouble stay in the air. If you can reproduce that error on some of BIS generic map I would be grateful.

Reproduced it on Proving Grounds and Takistan.

Reproduced it on Proving Grounds and Takistan.

Sorry, didn't noticed you where talking about the LGB. You are right I didn't add a fail safe if there is no laser target to be found.

Just replace the whole section with this, i'll fix it in next release. Thanks.

case "LGB":	//LGB
			{ 
			waitUntil {(_plane distance _pos) < 1000};
			_lasertargets = nearestObjects[_pos,["LaserTarget"],1000];
			if (!isnull (_lasertargets select 0)) then
				{
				_pos = getpos (_lasertargets select 0);
				waitUntil {(_plane distance[_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 200]) < 300};
				_nul=[(_lasertargets select 0), getpos _plane,"Bo_GBU12_LGB",100,false,""] execvm "mcc\general_scripts\CAS\missile_guide.sqf"
				};
			};

I will. Thanks for the work!

Help please!

Where is the clipboard located?

Cant find it anyplace.