Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

Regarding the ACE features not working, it seems you're breaking the CBA(ACE/ACRE) keys by using displaySetEventhandlers in the 3D editor.

I tested by replacing displaySetEventhandler with displayAddEventhandler in 3rd_placer.sqf, and the issues with ACE/ACRE keybinds didn't appear after using the 3D editor.

Thanks Vking i'll fix it for next release. Didn't notice any with my small testing with ACRE.

Hey there shay!

Is there a way to implementent Empty and Other in 3D Editor?

Because I have a UH90 Helicopter Addon but cant place it or use it with EVAC cause I can't choose it - it just appears in Empty withing native arma2 Editor

Hey there shay!

Is there a way to implementent Empty and Other in 3D Editor?

Because I have a UH90 Helicopter Addon but cant place it or use it with EVAC cause I can't choose it - it just appears in Empty withing native arma2 Editor

UH90? Maybe the NH90. Empty isn't a faction but a state. You can set empty from the 3d editor.

The problem here is that this addon doesn't have any faction attached. So my advice to you is PM the mod maker to add it or add it yourself with permission.

Also, it seems that many features has been destroyed after the latest ACE update..

As already said, 3D editor bugs out ACE keys and it's know and the way to fix it is also known, so just wait until a fix is released...

Until then, either modify the mission yourself, don't use the 3d editor, or go back to slot selection screen and rejoin the mission once you are done using the 3d editor.

Well, as 'Features' i ment such as Air drops and air strikes and stuff. Not specifically the 3D editor.

Well, as 'Features' i ment such as Air drops and air strikes and stuff. Not specifically the 3D editor.

That is new. I'll check it although I didn't had any issues so far. More then that the known bug is with ACRE not ACE overlapping keys which will be fixed this weekend.

I've had the same problem with ACE interaction and self-interaction keys not working after using the 3D editor, having to re-join the mission in order to fix it. Though the cause for the problem is the same as the ACRE one.

UH90? Maybe the NH90. Empty isn't a faction but a state. You can set empty from the 3d editor.

The problem here is that this addon doesn't have any faction attached. So my advice to you is PM the mod maker to add it or add it yourself with permission.

Well huh if its just a state - It has to be in any faction right? Or wrong? Can the Modmaker just implement it into and empty state and nothing more or less?

The Mod maker is poorly inactive :/

Well huh if its just a state - It has to be in any faction right? Or wrong? Can the Modmaker just implement it into and empty state and nothing more or less?

Empty is a state, you can have a USMC vehicle empty or not. If not the game will call for a function that spawns crew in it. But it still need the USMC faction. I'm not familiar with that mode so I'm guessing that there is no faction in the mod Cfg. Try asking in the moderator section. You'll probably have to unPbo the mod and chage the config file.

Just to clarify a little bit here.

As an example lets use the A-10. The A-10 itself is nothing but a plane, an object.

The faction is information about that object. There can be multiple factions using the same object like an A10. Every faction has its own crew in there.

So what we call empty is nothing but an object spawned without its crew. However, to find an object it must have a faction. As you select a faction and then find matching objects with that faction.

If addons do not provide this information in their configs you cant find them. MCC is not unique in taht. Other tools using configs will have the same issues, even de 2d editor of BIS. In the 2d editor there is something like "empty" in the faction list.

So if addons flaw in good configs, you will have problems using them. Only fix is to fix the addon as MCC sticks to defined standard.

Edited by spirit6

I need little help about using IED-IED or IED-Ambush_Party link system. I used about 90 IEDs for test this :D, but I'm still pretty confused. I linked IEDs(for example 2~5 IEDs) properly and could see gray line between them on the map. But entire daisy-chain mostly fail. Even if I success, the one of them always fail.

And especially about IED-Ambush_party, there is also similar kind of problem above. Its about 'activated ambush_party behavior'. If IED explodes and linked ambush_party starts a fight, they never moves and just fire on their position. But if I Ctrl+Click the ambush_party marker manually, they stand up, start to move and assault their target. I think the latter is proper work of ambush_party link system that MCC Sandbox maker intend.

If I'm doing wrong something or seems inexperienced, please feel free to give your tip about that. Thank you! :) (Or maybe is it a bug?)

@su79

I'm not 100% sure I'm getting your problem. The daisy chain effect is achieved by liking IEDs you can link the in any pattern you like, round, star, line or whatever. You only have to make sure that the IED that one connected too is detonated and it should start a daisy chain reaction, if it isn't, safe the mission and send it to me or post it here so I can check for errors. The limitations: when you link between IEDs the one you pressed is connected to the one you released the mouse cursor on it. So try to avoid multiple dependencies; link how many ambush/IEDs to one IED but do not link one ambush/IED to many ambush/IEDs.

Ambush is more or less done as the daisy chain, with a small change. When you pick an ambush group, click on the map to place it then hold and drag the mouse cursor to the direction and the point you want the group to charge after they initialized, now release the mouse cursor. Then, link between the ambush group and its trigger (IED).

Now when the IED will go off the group will charge that point. PS. You can link some group/IEDs to one group.

Regarding the ACE features not working, it seems you're breaking the CBA(ACE/ACRE) keys by using displaySetEventhandlers in the 3D editor.

I tested by replacing displaySetEventhandler with displayAddEventhandler in 3rd_placer.sqf, and the issues with ACE/ACRE keybinds didn't appear after using the 3D editor.

Just tested this. Unfortunately this lags the crap out of the 3d editor if you open/close it many times. Not sure exactly how these commands work, but they probably just add more and more every time you open the 3d editor without removing it when you close. So the solution would have to be a bit more complicated than that.

I'll try see if I can figure out how to fix it. If the documentation for the commands is good on the wiki it probably won't be hard.

EDIT: Seems like at the end of the script you are trying to set an event handler for a display that does not exist. As in, (uinamespace getvariable "MCC_3D_displayMain") does not return a defined value. Simply removing those lines seems to fix the problem.

Edited by galzohar

@galzohar

Don't worry about it. Allready fixed. I used add EH and removeEH so it is ok now.

I actually tried addEH and removeEH, but when the dialog closes you can no longer remove the EH because the display seems to not exist or something, so you just keep adding and adding and eventually it lags out (try opening and closing the 3D Editor 10-20 times and then use it to test).

Simply not using setEH on an invalid display seems to fix things, at least when I tested. Not that I'm a big expert when it comes to displays (in fact all I know about them is from trial and error with this 3d placer script), but it seems like whatever you're doing to the 3d editor no longer does anything when its closed.

Bottom line is you should probably not only test that it is working, but also that you can open/close it many times and it will still work (without lagging).

@galzohar

As said before. It is fixed.

I do know how to handle my scripts. EH can be removed before you close the dialog.

Hello. I think I found a tiny bug.

If we choose undercover agent, we can find 3 'draw a weapon' action menu. But If we killed and respawn once, we can find 6 action menu. If twice, we can find 9 and so on...

The real problem is, If MM is undercover agent, and he respawn more than 4~5 times, He can not find '>Missions Generator' menu anymore because the action menu flood by 'draw a weapon'. :eek:

Could you check this out plz?

And thank you for your great work. :)

Edited by su79eu7k

Hello. I think I found a tiny bug.

If we choose undercover agent, we can find 3 'draw a weapon' action menu. But If we killed and respawn once, we can find 6 action menu. If twice, we can find 9 and so on...

The real problem is, If MM is undercover agent, and he respawn more than 4~5 times, He can not find '>Missions Generator' menu anymore because the action menu flood by 'draw a weapon'. :eek:

Could you check this out plz?

And thank you for your great work. :)

3 draw weapon options? I'll fix it adap. Thanks.:)

3 draw weapon options? I'll fix it adap. Thanks.:)

Okay I double checked the bug and found this. Now I can summarize.

When I play MCC with several people,

1-1. if 1 people play undercover agent, one 'draw weapon' action menu appears

1-1. if 2 people play undercover agent, two 'draw weapon' action menu appears

1-2. if 3 people play undercover agent, three 'draw weapon' action menu appears

2-1. if 1 people play U.A. and respawn once, two 'draw weapon' action menu appears (1+1=2)

2-2. if 1 people play U.A. and respawn twice, three 'draw weapon' action menu appears (1+1+1=2)

3. so if 3 people play undercover agent :cool:, and respawn twice, 6 'draw weapon' menu appears (3x2=6) :rolleyes:

(So, many people play U.A. and respawn several times, MM's Action menu flood and couldn't find '>mission generator' menu anymore)

and

4. character slot selection typing error : disgised > disguised

Hope this could help you! :D

Edited by su79eu7k

V1.6.1 is out, only fixes as i'm working on something big atm but it is a suprise.

Download link at the first page updated.

Didn't had time to test the undercover thing. Please replay with test result about it.

Version 1.6.1 changelog:

Fixed:

-3D Editor messing up ACE/ACRE keys.

- Undercover agents multiple action bars.

Hey~

I tested 1.6.1,

It seems that 3D Editor problem perfectly solved! but undercover thing and typing error is still remain. (Actually the error formula of 1.6.1 seems little more complicated than 1.6.0 that I summarized above) I think this is not so serious bug, so please take your time. :)

And while I testing 1.6.1, I found one more bug and one more typing error :yay:

bug : construction HQ -> Funds -> + & - buttons not work (But this is also not so serious because user can select their fund by drop-down menu)

typing error : if I deploy my HQ and select 'construction' action menu, there are many action menu like 'light factory', 'heavy factory', 'aircraft factory' etc. etc. ...among them, one of 'aircraft' is typed 'aircraf' (missing 't')

Thank you again shay_gman!

And I'm really happy about 3D Editor problem solved!

Edited by su79eu7k

Tweet has greatly improved the Undercover script, we are using it in quite some missions, you might want to get in contact with him, for further informations.

Cheers

Sonsalt