Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

Hey, is it possible to add a AI, then type something in the Init file so the AI join my group?

You can make yourself a commander with the UI managment (menu 4). Then add groups to your command with the same menu.

Or you can add single units by adding this to the unit init

[this] join (group player);

You know what I'll add that as a preset for the upcomming release.

V1.57 released. Check out the first post and the video:

zELyb7tvKNQ

Damn you ! I may have to use ACE2 again !

Some really lovely features here guys ... ty!

Thank you for the update! MCC Sandbox has given Arma 2+OA a whole new life for me! can't stop wasting all my free time on this game at the moment!

Cheers.

Very nice Shay. Gonna have to have a play with the new toys!

I can't get the 3D editor working. I start a mission, create a zone, put down a start point, select a fortification in the drop down and click 3D editor, but nothing is showing up under the cursor. X menu seems to work ok, and the Hint says 'unit placed' if I press space, but nothing appears.

Any ideas?

I can't get the 3D editor working. I start a mission, create a zone, put down a start point, select a fortification in the drop down and click 3D editor, but nothing is showing up under the cursor. X menu seems to work ok, and the Hint says 'unit placed' if I press space, but nothing appears.

Any ideas?

Unless i read your comment wrong i believe you are doing it wrong. You don't need to select anything in the drop down for the 3d editor just click 3d editor then click on the map and then press x... then you select what ever it is you want to place down from the x menu click apply press space and when you are done press backspace.

This is how i do it works fine. :)

Tried that too - nothing showing. Some stuff works, like I managed to get a US Army Apache placable in the 3D editor, but lots of stuff doesn't show up at all (mainly fortifications, DOCs, ammo crates etc..)

Seems to be a more endemic problem though - getting lots of weird stuff like airdrop parachutes with nothing attached. Could it be a conflict with another addon somewhere? Would it make a difference which faction I have selected at the time, even if the static object still shows up in the list?

Yo Friz,

Well for start DOC where never supported on the 3D. Are you runing ACE? looks like you are missing a lot of unitclasses.

Running ACE/CBA, ACRE, Mando but not ACEX. Got a bunch of other addons (Lingor & Duala units, STKR GB, UKF etc). Can't see why it doesn't work - I'll try with a less addon heavy load and see if the problems persist.

So here is your problame no ACEX so some classes are missing

Oh right. Didn't specificy ACEX, just ACE/CBA. We don't usually run with ACEX as well. I'll fire it up and check everything's working properly :)

ACEX isn't mandatory, but surely it is recommanded.

I'm slightly confused - I thought MCC picked up the classes from the addons I'm running and only lists those in the drop down menus? If that's the case, then it doesn't explain why some units/objects in the menus are 'invisible' in the 3D editor. I've not had a chance to test it with ACEX running yet, but will do so this evening and let you know if the problem goes away.

I'm slightly confused - I thought MCC picked up the classes from the addons I'm running and only lists those in the drop down menus? If that's the case, then it doesn't explain why some units/objects in the menus are 'invisible' in the 3D editor. I've not had a chance to test it with ACEX running yet, but will do so this evening and let you know if the problem goes away.

You are right, MCC does pick the name classes from the Cfg files. So you shouldn't see any classes that aren't in use.

The only thing I think might have dependance on ACE is the invisable targets for the IEDs. Mmm... are you runing it on dedicated server? Can it be that the server dosn't have the same addons as you?

Care giving my the addons that you are using? I'll check it out.

Client/Server addons are identical - we run an SVN to synch them. The main ones are ACE+CBA; ACRE+Jarma2Lib; Mando; all the UKF and RKSL stuff; STKR GB Units plus one or two other unit and island addons which I really can't see having any impact.

I'll do some more testing tonight and try to narrow it down, and see if I can get a fresh Server.rpt for you to look at.

Ed: Seems I was doing it wrong, my bad. I neglected to select 'empty' :o

Damn I love this 3D editor...!

Edited by friznit2

Bah.. Download link doesn't seem to work, at least not when I'm trying.. It says that the 'file' is unavailable.

-------------------

WORKS again!. Looks like i just needed to wait a few hours.. sorry, not my fault that I'm heating up to get this update :D

-------------------

You can make yourself a commander with the UI managment (menu 4). Then add groups to your command with the same menu.

Or you can add single units by adding this to the unit init

[this] join (group player);

You know what I'll add that as a preset for the upcomming release.

I've tried again about adding a AI to my unit, still doesn't work for some reason.. But about that i could add:

This join (Group player);

What should be in group player? Like:

This join SP33D

? lol

and another thing, again. (Better to put everything in one post then posting multiple times)

Why can't you please add so there is gunners in the evac choppers? Would make it more realistic that there is gunners so they cover your approach to the helo.

Also a Co-Pilot in them :D

AND, what is supposed to happen when u spawn a pilot?..

Edited by -SP33D-

It's just

This join (Group player);

(Group Player) is the ArmA2 code for the player unit's group. So in English, you're telling "This unit to join the player's group"

The answer to your second question unfortunately is no: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1878946&postcount=323

And when you spawn an evac chopper, it waits at the spawn point until you give it a waypoint to fly to and pick you up.

Ed: Seems I was doing it wrong, my bad. I neglected to select 'empty' :o

Damn I love this 3D editor...!

Glad it's working for you mate I did start worry I did something wrong.

Sp33d the idea behind the evac chopper was this:

People like to fly even if it is a taxi mission. But then it means some one will fly 5 minutes in 5 minutes out and sit on his ass for the whole mission. Combining chooppers with infantry need some good mission making experiance so you won't be overkilling any side.

So the idea was:

1. You spawn a chopper, by default it will spawn on the LHD.

2. You can relocate it to a diffrent spawn with the relocate button.

3. You can delete the pilot if you want you or other friend to fly it.

4. You or the AI make the flight.

5. Either you land or fastrope (The AI will go to autohover over the LZ on 25 meters, the ropes should be deployed manually by a crew member).

6. If you want the AI to take the chopper back home press on the "Spawn Pilot" and "return to LHD".

7. A pilot will spawn and take it back.

It's just a small workaround for thouse who don't want the AI to fly.

About the gunners, it's either the chopper is flying or engaging, the chopper is one unit. So I can order him to land while shooting. At least I don't think so, it was a long time since I made this script so I might be wrong.

PS you can make a black hawk down scenario by calling an evac and deleting the pilot in mid air ;)

PS you can make a black hawk down scenario by calling an evac and deleting the pilot in mid air ;)

Ahahaha, that sounds nice :L Have to try that once with the fellas.

Hi, been testing MCC some more an loving it of course. I did run into something, when I use the Start location -> Start Guer, it says -> Start WEST location updated. So it seems to update the west location instead of the GUE location. Any way to chance this or have a work around so I can also change the Resistance start location? Now I can also not use the mobile respawn for GUE of course. Hmm when I change the EAST location it also says West. Am I missing something here?

Also when I'm an undercover agent GUE and respawn, I repawn with a rifle and don't have the draw/holster option anymore. Any change to get that back when respawning?

It would be nice to also have the option to hijak/high command civilians.

Just some things I ran into while trying to make some nice missions.

Edited by Knight Rider

I made some major fixes and improvements to the UC script. Hopefully Shay finds the time to implement them into future versions...

Something else I found out: When you place an object and delete it with 3D, then save the mission to clipboard + load it from clipboard, the deleted object will return and is still placed on the old deleted location.

My guess is deletion actions are simply not saved. It would probably be easy to save the delete actions, but I doubt it would be easy to save what was actually deleted in case of mobile objects. To properly save delete actions one would probably need to store an array with all deleteable objects as they are created, and then when they are deleted mark them as deleted in the array, so that the delete actions will be possible to be re-created exactly the way they were.