Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

What about replacing the dropdown menus for the sizes of the zones with text boxes, where you can type in the size?

Because sometimes the available sizes are not the best for some areas....

Well you can edit the size of the zones in the init, I agree it's not the best solutions as it is now, but typing zones size might be too much work for each zone (user wise). I think I know what need to be done, I'll make sliders from 10 - 5000 meters should be fine.

Regarding DAC, if we are not using his randomness option, which WICT do also great (remind me that I need to do that 2) then there are some major drawbacks and major improvements over UPSMON, IMO I like UPSMON and don't know DAC enough.

I don't think it is a main issue but it is annoying.

If i create a mission and someone joins, they can't see the mission in their tasks list.. Also if i log in to the mission maker thingy, create a mission. Go off and AFK, i return, log in and can't see the mission.. Which makes me not be able to set the mission to complete, failed or canceled.

Hope this can get fixed before the new version is released. btw, is there a release date yet or anything?

Well we'll be fixed, I changed it not long ago as the tasks didn't appear only the hint. ETA about next version, ATM RL is a bitch I'm getting married next month, so if i'll find a few spare hours to fix bugs and maybe add something new it can be in a matter of days till month.

I cant get it to work. It appears that I need something called cacharacters_baf.

Are you using ArmA CO (ArmA 2 + ArmA OA )? U'll need this two, I don't remeber using BAF expension but you should have it if you have this CO as you'll get the light version with it free.

Early congratulations on getting married. Regarding DAC I don't use it for any of my missions; digging through it it looks like it has a couple advantages in that you don't know what exactly is going to be spawned but knowing around how many and what types (keeping in the spirit of this tool of having control but not really as the mission maker). You're right regarding some of the (dis)advantages with one over the other. On the one hand with DAC groups can 'share' created areas and patrol different positions within them but on the other hand you can't have DAC groups fortify a position like UPS groups can. C'est la vie.

Well we'll be fixed, I changed it not long ago as the tasks didn't appear only the hint. ETA about next version, ATM RL is a bitch I'm getting married next month, so if i'll find a few spare hours to fix bugs and maybe add something new it can be in a matter of days till month.

Wow man, congratz and sorry peoples for off-topic. The man got a big day coming up and working his shait off for MCC =D Great job man, you deserve a break as well ;)

Tweet is his name suggest that befor and he even promised to make it -> lol

I will fix this for the next version, just need to change one line of code for that :)

Atm I am working on a few things that might be implemented into mcc, one of them is a cctv camera script, it will allow to select buildings on the map to have cctv cameras and a controlcenter (can be in another building), even with an AI observer notifying other AI of any presence in the monitored building :)

Hope to have it finished and tested properly by the end of next week (a lot of stuff is allready working :yay:)

Tx for the heads up mate, its always fun to see people enjoying it.

Well you already can do the reinforcements mate. Some functionality is beyond the buttons. Here we go:

- Create a small zone say 50 by 50 meter.

- Spawn a group of infantry in there.

- Spawn an EMPTY helicopter that can hold the group (no pilot needed so spawn EMPTY).

Now wait till you think its cool for them to move out. Move the zone atleast 500 meter and what do you know. They enter the helicopter and get to the new zone. Either do a paradrop or land depending on terrain. And what do you know, the infantry starts to patrol that new zone location.

This works for ALL empty vehicles. They snatch any vehicle they come across to get where they need to go. Fun thing: spawn 20 jeeps, spawn 4 squads, move the zone. And voila, a moving army.

The above is all UPSMON functionality that is used by MCC.

The paradrop works for all not just USMC.

Thanks bud! You'll never guess what I'm going to be doing now :D

When i log in as MCC and press on "Load" nothing happens, then if i want to update the zone's or anything it won't work. Everything like crashes and i have to go back to the lobby and in again to be able to do anything. As soon as i press on "Load" it happens again..

When i log in as MCC and press on "Load" nothing happens, then if i want to update the zone's or anything it won't work. Everything like crashes and i have to go back to the lobby and in again to be able to do anything. As soon as i press on "Load" it happens again..

So don't press load if you don't have anything to load? :D

I think I know why it is. Will fix it.

V1.5.5 is up.

UPSMON updated to latest UPSMON by Rafalski as he said:

Added:

CBA is now required !!!

UPSMON switches off "ACE wounds system for AI".

"nosmoke" - the group will not use the smoke at all.

"onroad" - targetpos will be generated only on roads (unless unit in fight).

Civilians do not take vehicles or static weapons (no more stealing).

Modified:

New targetpos depend on the type of the unit (air, water, land) - (water unit only on water etc)

Detection of new target/(generate new target) is longer just a bit. (R_knowsAboutEnemy)

AI use smokes when s/o hit or KIA. (R_USE_SMOKE_wounded, R_USE_SMOKE_killed).

Solved bug: AI reinforcement have problem to get into helicopters.

Solved bug: group "nowp" have problem to generate target when no other groups around

Solved bug: AI do not paradrop around positions of the enemy. (stuck)

Solved bug: Helicopters paradrop and fly too low.

MCC Change log:

- Added On-Road Defensive and Offensive behaviors. Well generate WP only on roads.

-Removed nuclear and air burst ordnance (Artillery and CAS) since they are no longer available on ACE.

-Press load without having a mission on stuck MCC. - Fixed.

-Add/remove silencer is local to the player. No more actions from another players.

-Zone sized adjusted up to 10K.

-Adding a task no longer refreshing the dialog.

-Added: Init line in 3D editor. Add init to the spawned unit/objects.

-Added: Command line (Menu4) execute locally or broadcast globaly.

-Added: Ropes, CSW, CSW ammo boxes to ACE ammo.

Did I forgot something?

V1.5.5 is up.

Did I forgot something?

What about, if you fixed it of course:

Everyone can see the mission is done, canceled or succeeded in their Tasks list on the map.

(Before only the Mission Maker could see it in his tasks list)

and

Tasks List on map ain't refresed/deleted if you reconnect/disconnect and join again later.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Ooh, just found something.. At the top Left it says: "MCC Sandbox v1.5.4 redone by shay_gman."

Looks like you might forgot to change something? =D

What about, if you fixed it of course:

Everyone can see the mission is done, canceled or succeeded in their Tasks list on the map.

(Before only the Mission Maker could see it in his tasks list)

well it is working. The privious one was the bug. The idea is that MM can control the tasks. So evryone should know the task is completed.

Tasks List on map ain't refresed/deleted if you reconnect/disconnect and join again later.

Should be fixed. Care to test it. I didn't found the time but tasks, weather, date, markers and tasks should be synced for JIPs.

[/color]Ooh, just found something.. At the top Left it says: "MCC Sandbox v1.5.4 redone by shay_gman."

Looks like you might forgot to change something? =D

Yeah you got me there, i'm such a slacker :rolleyes:

Yeah you got me there, i'm such a slacker :rolleyes:

Lol, well, the main thing is that stuff is fixed =) Great job mate ;) I will look after intel for you if something should apear. Btw, what does the Command Line thingy mean? Like the difference between the Execute and Boardcast and stuff.

Command line is a line when you can set a code in. If you want to set it globaly or localy. You can type something like removeallweapons player; if you press the exec it will remove only the MM weapons if you boradcast it it will remove all the players weapons. It is more for high end users that want to test things or integret other scripts with it.

BTW you can put

nul=[this] execVM "scripts\UPSMON\MON_artillery_add.sqf";

in the init line of any artillery unit you'll spawn with 3D if you want the AI to use artillery. The MON_artillery_add was always in UPSMON. But now you can type some code in the init line. Ofcourse all will be saved.

For more info on MON_artillery_add look here:

/* =====================================================================================================

MON_spawn.sqf

Author: Monsada (chs.monsada@gmail.com)

Comunidad Hispana de Simulaci×£n:

http://www.simulacion-esp.com

=====================================================================================================

Parבmeters: [_artillery,(_range,_rounds,_area,_cadence,_mincadence)] execvm "scripts\UPSMON\MON_artillery_add.sqf";

<- _artillery object to attach artillery script, must be an object with gunner.

<- ( _rounds ) rounds to fire each time, default 1

<- ( _range ) range of artillery, default 800

<- ( _area ) Dispersion area, 150m by default

<- ( _maxcadence ) Cadence of fire, is random between min, default 10s

<- ( _mincadence ) Minimum cadence, default 5s

<- ( _bullet ) Class of bullet to fire, default ARTY_Sh_81_HE

=====================================================================================================

1. Place a static weapon on map.

2. Exec module in int of static weapon

nul=[this] execVM "scripts\UPSMON\MON_artillery_add.sqf";

1. Be sure static weapon has a gunner or place a "fortify" squad near, this will make squad to take static weapon.

2. Create a trigger in your mission for setting when to fire. Set side artillery variable to true:

KRON_UPS_ARTILLERY_EAST_FIRE = true;

This sample will do east artilleries to fire on known enemies position, when you want to stop fire set to false.

For more info:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/upsmon/wiki/Artillery_module

=====================================================================================================*/

-Added: Init line in 3D editor. Add init to the spawned unit/objects.

-Added: Command line (Menu4) execute locally or broadcast globaly.

At last the full freedom! Thank you so much. I wanted to suggest this feature but was busy.

Another coolest improvement is that you didn't pack your missions to pbo. Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

I also wanted to ask you one more thing. Can you make all folder names lowercase?

It's no difference for Windows but saves time on linux systems, where uppercase crashes dedicated servers. Thank you!

Great news about the update. Thank you for the command and init line :cheers:

Keep up the good work:thumbs-up:

At last the full freedom!

Freedom is a double sided sword. Look at all that poor Iphone users.

Another coolest improvement is that you didn't pack your missions to pbo. Thanks again.

I didn't?:butbut: Well i'm becoming lazy and synal, it's the marriage thing. If someone have a problem with pbo them I'll release a pbo version.

I also wanted to ask you one more thing. Can you make all folder names lowercase?

:eek:I thought Linux have a tool for making it.

I thought Linux have a tool for making it.

Yep, linux does have a tool for this, but no game-hosting would allow running any scripts even if they come with the dedi package. Btw I cant even guess how to run tolower.c on linux. It must have C++ libraries to run I think, and of course no game-hoster would allow having programming liraries and compiler at a game server. So I have to rename everyfile manually everytime.

I didn't? Well i'm becoming lazy and synal, it's the marriage thing. If someone have a problem with pbo them I'll release a pbo version.

I thought BIS have a tool for making it. ^_^ To be honest I've downloaded their tools a while ago and since then I have wonderful "create PBO" menu everytime I rightclick any file in windows =)

Freedom is a double sided sword

May be, but when we play two hours and I cannot save roleplay results due to some deep scripting errors (because of my lameness), then it's a total rescue

I wanted to come with a little suggestion for next update (If theres gonna be one =D)

But like, when i call in a Evac helicopter, theres usually a civilian pilot flying... Which looks a bit retarded since we're actually in "war", even when i choose the Us Army, i get a civilian pilot.

So, my suggestion:

When it comes to evac and i use the US Army, is it possible that you could so so there's gunners and pilot. For example on the Chinook, theres a Pilot and 3 gunners. So the gunners can like cover us when we approach the helicopter for evac.

Also, is it possible to do so we can name the object's we place?

So we can spawn a pilot, then type in the init box that he enters the specific vehicle.

Edited by -SP33D-

I wanted to come with a little suggestion for next update (If theres gonna be one =D)

But like, when i call in a Evac helicopter, theres usually a civilian pilot flying... Which looks a bit retarded since we're actually in "war", even when i choose the Us Army, i get a civilian pilot.

So, my suggestion:

When it comes to evac and i use the US Army, is it possible that you could so so there's gunners and pilot. For example on the Chinook, theres a Pilot and 3 gunners. So the gunners can like cover us when we approach the helicopter for evac.

Also, is it possible to do so we can name the object's we place?

So we can spawn a pilot, then type in the init box that he enters the specific vehicle.

The pilot is MM faction sesetive. If the MM is none of the standrad BIS faction the pilot will spawn as civilian.

About spawning gunners. I can spawn them but the AI don't act as human either the entire heli is on combat mod, which will lead him to not landing or it all on careless mod. So the heli is just an evac not CAS.

About names, sure I can do it for next release.

About spawning gunners. I can spawn them but the AI don't act as human either the entire heli is on combat mod, which will lead him to not landing or it all on careless mod. So the heli is just an evac not CAS.

Yes sure sure, but the chopper is like unarmed, so when it comes to pick you up, it can easy be fired upon and of course you when your running to enter it.

Would be cool if it was like the chopper entered the battlefield to rescue you for evac, and the chopper had gunners to cover your approach to it. It is a evac chopper =D

So, hope you get me and understand what i mean. If yes, is it possible you can do it?

Shay, if you want I made some fixes and added features to MCC, talk to me if you want help implementing them (galzoha on skype, e-mail, msn, pm...). Mostly:

- Revised undercover agent script for more reliability and less exploit-ability (though there are still some small exploits I would like to figure out a way to fix, but those exploits already exist in current MCC anyway). Also, I made them look like actual civilians yet be on the appropriate side, so a parameter is no longer needed - West agents have glocks and are detected by west enemies, east have makarovs and are detected by east enemies, etc. Also, you can now only holster the weapon if you actually have it.

- Custom enemy groups with custom loadouts - Mostly Takistani army, militia and guerrillas with AK-style loadouts (rather than the weird FAL/M16/AK mix), and making it easy to add more such custom groups. Should even work with saving (though still need to test the saving a bit).

- More reliable gear assignment and saving method, though implementing it will take a lot of work if you want to keep current gear setups (but imo worth it so you don't have someone JIPing in and getting the wrong loadout or just getting the wrong loadout for no apparent reason).

- A small fix to gear save script.

- A more reliable method for processing params array, so scripts don't have to wait for init.sqf to run before they can start up (which combined with the new gear script, ACE group markers and my unit markers script means the F2 framework is no longer needed).

- Better unit marker script (suitable for JIP, group changes, etc), and a parameter option to set which markers are actually shown (no markers, ACE group markers only, or ACE group markers + my unit markers), so you can play hardcore with no markers if you choose.

- Bon artillery - Default to 0 rounds, and if 0 rounds is chosen you will not get an action menu option (since it's not needed when you have bon artillery disabled...).

- Parameter for optional ammo crate with many options for choosing what goes in it and what doesn't, with reasonable default settings. Default of course is disabling the ammo crate and using the predefined loadouts.

- Addrating loop on the server that makes sure nobody ends up on side enemy (which is needed because some scripts are going to fail when this happens).

- Check if server is running ACRE and if yes fix the loadouts accordingly (same method can be used for ACE if you decide to remove the ACE dependency from the mission, which is possible with enough effort).

And maybe some more stuff I forgot...