Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

Well actually it will make only me to be able to see the mission generator but if you change "shay_gman" for "speederin" it will be only you. ;)

Lol, okey thank you big time!:)

Edited by Speederin

Btw, i found a issue. When i create a task online, everyone gets it, but when i press that the mission is succeeded or failed it pops up on the other players but the mission is still active in their map tasks list..

Just found this and I have to say its pretty awe inspiring in scope and have hugely enjoyed playing around with it for the last few days. I particularly like the IED module and the way they are defused and jammed (or not!) and wondered if it was possible to use the scripts stand-alone by running them in the init of an object placed in the editor? I placed an IED in MCC and exported the details to clipboard and got the following which is obviously relating to the IED;

["trap_single", [[2897.09,1001.79,-385.194] , ["BAF_ied_v2"] select 0, ["medium"] select 0, 0, 5 , 1, 0, 3, WEST, ["ied_1"] select 0]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;

I've opened up IED.SQF to look at how the variables are defined and tried to get it to work with my rather weak scripting abilities but havn't had any joy. Is it possible to run the scripts as i've alluded to, and if so any pointers as to how to achieve this would be greatfully recieved!

Cheers

Edited by JoeAnorak
No Code tags

I have followed all steps

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13138

Installed Community Base Addons, Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Core

But an ingame message pops up, so I can't edit the mission.

http://img695.imageshack.us/f/arma2oa2011031021354610.jpg/

arma2oa2011031021354610.jpg

I have checked the ACE files and the file is there. No idea what's happening

Edited by jtmedina

I have been able to fix the problem by doing an arma 2+Arma OA installation.

Now the problem is that when I run the mission and try to add units or whatever I do I see a chat message saying access denied. I am running the game as an administrator and I have no idea why this is not working.

....Fixed

NEVER EVER FORGET TO CREATE A START LOCATION. That is only possible after first logging into MCC. Taht is done by creating a zone. Yes this means you can start your mission anywhere you like. Even JIP's will start there. Yes each side can have its own start location for PVP or mixed missions with AI. After selecting a start location you can choose to "disable respawn", this means respawn is off from there on.
Edited by jtmedina

Btw, i found a issue. When i create a task online, everyone gets it, but when i press that the mission is succeeded or failed it pops up on the other players but the mission is still active in their map tasks list..

Yeh I see why, fixed it i'll will release an update soon.

Just found this and I have to say its pretty awe inspiring in scope and have hugely enjoyed playing around with it for the last few days. I particularly like the IED module and the way they are defused and jammed (or not!) and wondered if it was possible to use the scripts stand-alone by running them in the init of an object placed in the editor? I placed an IED in MCC and exported the details to clipboard and got the following which is obviously relating to the IED;

["trap_single", [[2897.09,1001.79,-385.194] , ["BAF_ied_v2"] select 0, ["medium"] select 0, 0, 5 , 1, 0, 3, WEST, ["ied_1"] select 0]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;

I've opened up IED.SQF to look at how the variables are defined and tried to get it to work with my rather weak scripting abilities but havn't had any joy. Is it possible to run the scripts as i've alluded to, and if so any pointers as to how to achieve this would be greatfully recieved!

Cheers

Hi, thanks. Well you can check this thread about how to make the IED a standalone script. You will lose some of the functionality in it but it is possibale : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1849656&highlight=mcc+ied#post1849656

I have been able to fix the problem by doing an arma 2+Arma OA installation.

Now the problem is that when I run the mission and try to add units or whatever I do I see a chat message saying access denied. I am running the game as an administrator and I have no idea why this is not working.

....Fixed

Good to hear it is working for you.

Can Reezo's IED scripts not be used in conjunction with MCC? This would be the optimal solution. Each IED created just needs a little extra in the init.

Can Reezo's IED scripts not be used in conjunction with MCC? This would be the optimal solution. Each IED created just needs a little extra in the init.

Can you provide a link, don't know what Reezo's IED script is. Search can't find nothing on it.

He means this one:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13216

Is it possible that you can´t use the construction interface if you was killed?

BTW, can you make it possible to undeploy a deployed HQ?

It is possibale but the easiest thing is to just spawn a new one. I'll think about it for next version, shouldn't be too hard.

Regarding the IED detector. Yes it can work with MCC if it will be tweaked. I am not going to do it because it's not my script. But if Reezo or someone else want to do it I'll tell you how.

Reezo scan for objects that are basiclly bombs (satchel IEDs exc) and detonate them.

MCC uses any object (objects, cars, ammocrates, IEDs, wrecks exc) as IEDs. So Reezon script won't work.

Basiclly you'll have to scan for a specific object "ACE_Target_CInf" and if you want to detonate it just change the variables this way:

_ied setvariable ["iedTrigered", true, true]

It is possibale but the easiest thing is to just spawn a new one. I'll think about it for next version, shouldn't be too hard.

Nice to hear. Keep up the good work:ok:

Hey guys, fantastic work from the start and the updates have been excellent. I've been using this most of my time playing Arma, in a way, it's put new life into the game for me. Thank you very much for that!

I have an idea and was wondering if this would be possible, for reinforcements, would it be possible to have an option similar to the airdrop where we queue or select a group? I would love to see helicopter insertions with reinforcements arrive or something along those lines. The paradrop option is excellent but I believe it only works with the USMC (correct me if wrong however), anyway, fantastic work guys!

Hey guys, fantastic work from the start and the updates have been excellent. I've been using this most of my time playing Arma, in a way, it's put new life into the game for me. Thank you very much for that!

I have an idea and was wondering if this would be possible, for reinforcements, would it be possible to have an option similar to the airdrop where we queue or select a group? I would love to see helicopter insertions with reinforcements arrive or something along those lines. The paradrop option is excellent but I believe it only works with the USMC (correct me if wrong however), anyway, fantastic work guys!

Tx for the heads up mate, its always fun to see people enjoying it.

Well you already can do the reinforcements mate. Some functionality is beyond the buttons. Here we go:

- Create a small zone say 50 by 50 meter.

- Spawn a group of infantry in there.

- Spawn an EMPTY helicopter that can hold the group (no pilot needed so spawn EMPTY).

Now wait till you think its cool for them to move out. Move the zone atleast 500 meter and what do you know. They enter the helicopter and get to the new zone. Either do a paradrop or land depending on terrain. And what do you know, the infantry starts to patrol that new zone location.

This works for ALL empty vehicles. They snatch any vehicle they come across to get where they need to go. Fun thing: spawn 20 jeeps, spawn 4 squads, move the zone. And voila, a moving army.

The above is all UPSMON functionality that is used by MCC.

The paradrop works for all not just USMC.

shay_gman, can you make the Rope Box available under ACE Ammo?

Hey, new issues my crew has spotted.

1)

When you die and respawn, you get a extra PRC-343 Radio in your inventory

2)

If you have a backpack and you die, the stuff in your backpack is being duplicated. So if we have 10 medkit's for example and die 3 times, we suddenly have 30 medkit's in the backpack.

Hope you guys can figure this out, thanks! ;)

Hey, new issues my crew has spotted.

1)

When you die and respawn, you get a extra PRC-343 Radio in your inventory

2)

If you have a backpack and you die, the stuff in your backpack is being duplicated. So if we have 10 medkit's for example and die 3 times, we suddenly have 30 medkit's in the backpack.

Hope you guys can figure this out, thanks! ;)

Only thing I can think of is if the ACE respawn w/same gear module is active your gear save will be run twice due to the eventhandler added to the playable units that does the same thing.

shay_gman, can you make the Rope Box available under ACE Ammo?

Sure.

Only thing I can think of is if the ACE respawn w/same gear module is active your gear save will be run twice due to the eventhandler added to the playable units that does the same thing.

There is ACE respawn? I'm not keeping up with the ACE team updates. Coolio. Probably that is the thing, I can delete the savegear sqf then. :yay:

I guess you missed my post shay)))

Another tiny bug reported by my squad. When I enter MM mode and teleport myself everyone can see the blue dot of my teleportation coordinates. Couldn't recheck and reproduce, had not time. Can you look at this?

Sure.

There is ACE respawn? I'm not keeping up with the ACE team updates. Coolio. Probably that is the thing, I can delete the savegear sqf then. :yay:

Quite so good sir. Just another module placed in the editor; and always a bonus when you have one less eventhandler to add to a playable unit :P. One thing I have noticed (it's minor; and I'm not sure if it's even doable; is the suppressor addaction isn't private to the unit it's executed on with regards to the special forces units). If you're say a standard marine and you look at one of the force recon guys within 3 meters or whatever the personal radius is set at you'll get an addaction yourself to attach a suppressor; though it doesn't do anything (told ya it was minor :P). Keep up the kickass work; I've personally been using a modified version of this for a while now as my primary mission creation tool. Absolutely love it :P

I guess you missed my post shay)))

No mate, I replyed to that. When teleport done localy as with the teleport on the main menu. The blue dot probably appear from the F2 framework markers thingy. If that doesn't solve the problem I'll get to the buttom of it.

Quite so good sir. Just another module placed in the editor; and always a bonus when you have one less eventhandler to add to a playable unit :P. One thing I have noticed (it's minor; and I'm not sure if it's even doable; is the suppressor addaction isn't private to the unit it's executed on with regards to the special forces units). If you're say a standard marine and you look at one of the force recon guys within 3 meters or whatever the personal radius is set at you'll get an addaction yourself to attach a suppressor; though it doesn't do anything (told ya it was minor :P). Keep up the kickass work; I've personally been using a modified version of this for a while now as my primary mission creation tool. Absolutely love it :P

I really like when people enjoy our work, as wrote before MCC is used as the main mission creating tool for MARSOC community too and it doing very good in terms of versitility, relaybelity and time to market (more mission time less wanking time). About the addaction for the SF team. Well a fellow mate here, Tweet is his name suggest that befor and he even promised to make it. ;) so it will be fixed.

BTW guys don't be shy (because that is me) to offer new ideas for MCC the only rules are:

1. It have to be realistic - to a degree.

2. It have to be generic.

3. It have to be usefull.

Like the DAC thing that I still don't have a picture in mind how should it look like.

What about replacing the dropdown menus for the sizes of the zones with text boxes, where you can type in the size?

Because sometimes the available sizes are not the best for some areas....

I don't think it is a main issue but it is annoying.

If i create a mission and someone joins, they can't see the mission in their tasks list.. Also if i log in to the mission maker thingy, create a mission. Go off and AFK, i return, log in and can't see the mission.. Which makes me not be able to set the mission to complete, failed or canceled.

Hope this can get fixed before the new version is released. btw, is there a release date yet or anything?

Seconded regarding the zone sizes; so long as there was a hook for a minimum size of say 10x10 or some such.

Been looking through the DAC manual shay; it has the ability to spawn zones during a mission. Looks to me like the easiest way to implement it (if you so desired and since there's a ton of options) is to add a new page to the dropdown box in the control panel. But some of the infrastructure is already present (zones are named). The function call

[position,sizeX,sizeY,type,direction,parameter] call DAC_fNewZone

wouldn't be too difficult to read; position corresponds to the position of the already created zone; sizeX / sizeY would read the parameters set for the zone; type wouldn't ever be touched (defines rectangle / ellipse); direction wouldn't either (defines orientation of the zone); and the parameter setting would have to be read from a newly created settings section specifying all those values. Gonna be a lot of new code to write however :x.

I cant get it to work. It appears that I need something called cacharacters_baf.